436 replies to this topic

#421 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

"@ChrisBottaNHL: Should be an announcement on music at NHL Yankee Stadium games soon.  Cee Lo Green one possible performer."

Haha yeah the NHL certainly knows their fans. :rolleyes:

haha Don't like him, but I don't mind Cee Lo Green as long as he's a secondary or tertiary act; he's no Miley or One Direction. There's so many legendary bands and singers they can get from NJ or NY though, I hope we get something really special.

Edited by DJ Eco, 13 January 2014 - 05:18 PM.

#422 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

Awesome wallpaper BCdevil! I'm using this too now, thanks!

My pleasure.  I just noticed that the red in the logo looks a little funky at times when it's compressed.  Let me know if it is showing up that way for anyone on here and I will try to fix it and post a new version.

I actually put the ice background on posterboard and had a few guys sign it after the morning skate on Saturday.  Ryder and DeBoer both said that they thought it was nice.

Edited by BCdevil, 13 January 2014 - 05:58 PM.

Posted Image

#423 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

Bright Lights Big City. Guess Cee-Lo Green makes sense. Not a great song or artist but they could do worse.

For ha-has, can we get him to wear an Andy Greene jersey during the performance? I mean we ARE the home team...

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#424 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

"@ChrisBottaNHL: Should be an announcement on music at NHL Yankee Stadium games soon.  Cee Lo Green one possible performer."

Haha yeah the NHL certainly knows their fans. :rolleyes:

Terrible

I was hoping to see Bruce, hell I would even take Bon Jovi

Billy Joel?!?!

I think I am dreaming now...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#425 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

Wonder if our goal horn/arena music will be used since we are the home team

#426 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

i bet you they will have a goal horn if they score as well
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#427 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,720 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

i bet you they will have a goal horn if they score as well

Absolutely. This is a "home" game for the Devils solely because the Rangers deal with MSG says they can't have home dates outside of the Garden.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#428 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

Absolutely. This is a "home" game for the Devils solely because the Rangers deal with MSG says they can't have home dates outside of the Garden.

ah, that makes sense now..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#429 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

For anyone who will be watching this on tv doc will be calling the game.
Also for those who know how to ice skate i hear there are going to be days when fan can skate on the rink at yankee stadium

#430 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

For anyone who will be watching this on tv doc will be calling the game.
Also for those who know how to ice skate i hear there are going to be days when fan can skate on the rink at yankee stadium

The Rangers sent an email to their fans a couple days ago about the skate on the ice.  I believe the days are in the first week of Feb.

Funny how Devils fans didn't get that email from the Devils.

#431 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

The Rangers sent an email to their fans a couple days ago about the skate on the ice. I believe the days are in the first week of Feb.

Funny how Devils fans didn't get that email from the Devils.

Theyve advertised this to islander fans as well. Also its somewhere on the yankees site.

#432 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

Theyve advertised this to islander fans as well. Also its somewhere on the yankees site.

I guess Devils fans are not allowed lol

#433 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

shame it isn't that week, won't be in NYC after the outdoor game. would of loved to skate on it.

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#434 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:49 AM

Just caught a glimpse of the "Boomer & Carton" show on CBS Sports Network this morning. Boomer (Rangers), Carton (Islanders) and Jerry Recco (Devils) are all decked out in their Stadium Series retro jerseys and knit hats this morning. I could be wrong, but it looks like the Devils crest has a little shine to it. EDIT: Or it could be the lighting. Either way, I'm glad the Devs didn't go full-on with the chrome.

Edited by 95Crash, 15 January 2014 - 09:55 AM.

#435 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:50 AM

NJ Devils "Premier" Stadium Series jerseys are on sale on the International version of shop.nhl.com

http://shop.internat...aspx?pid=142207

#436 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

NJ Devils "Premier" Stadium Series jerseys are on sale on the International version of shop.nhl.com

http://shop.internat...aspx?pid=142207

doesn't look any different than what they're selling at the Rock now.

I have a game-worn Tallinder retro - I imagine they made 200 of them for the Devils years ago and they just use those when needed. They are similar to what is pictured but obviously different in that the fabric is heavier, fight strap, NHL logo on the collar, etc

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#437 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:03 AM

doesn't look any different than what they're selling at the Rock now.

I have a game-worn Tallinder retro - I imagine they made 200 of them for the Devils years ago and they just use those when needed. They are similar to what is pictured but obviously different in that the fabric is heavier, fight strap, NHL logo on the collar, etc

Yeah that's why I put Premier in quotes.  Either the description is wrong or the picture is wrong.  My bet is the description is wrong.

I think they will just be wearing their Reebok throwbacks like your Tallinder Retro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users