436 replies to this topic

#41 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

Reebok was making the jerseys even before the RBK Edge came around.  Reebok actually owns CCM too.

Devilsfan26 is right, Reebok just slapped their names on old CCM 6100 jerseys as they were just bought out by Reebok in 2004 (and in turn Koho was bought by CCM in the late 90's/early 2000's)  Reebok was still developing the Edge jerseys during the 05-06 and 06-07 seasons so basically they are just CCM jerseys with Reebok label on them, not the other way around.

Reebok's first jersey they actually made were the Edge jerseys.

#42 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

better hope nike doesnt get the nhl contract for the jerseys after reebok is done.. we thought we saw a decline after reebok took over from ccm.. if nike came out with an nhl jersey that was anything like what theyre making for the nfl now... whoof the nike nfl jerseys are pure sh!t compared to the reebok ones.

For hockey, Nike seems to split jersey people into 2 very divided camps.  Their swift jerseys have their supporters and detractors.  Nike actually made some of the team's NHL jerseys back in the 80's and 90's (teams I can remember using them off the top of my head was Edmonton, Detroit and San Jose) and are often very sought after by collectors.

#43 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,790 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

The jerseys Nike made before they came out with the Swift garbage in 2006 were great.  The material had a nice feel to them and the teams were still able to design them, so they actually looked like hockey jerseys.  Now teams are losing control of their identities and we have a race between Reebok and Nike to see who can destroy hockey jerseys the most.  Some of the Edge jerseys that have come out in the past year or so are getting back to a normal hockey jersey appearance though, clean look with horizontal stripes, no vertical piping etc.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#44 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

Apparently, this Yankees inspired equipment was a prototype designed for Henrik Lundqvist to wear during the Stadium Series. I admit that does look cool!

lundqvistpinstripe.jpg

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#45 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

And there we have it: @TGfireandice: For those who've beem asking, Lou Lamoriello said Devils will be wearing original red jerseys with green in outdoor game at Yankee Stadium. @TGfireandice: Lamoriello said they will be same jerseys team wore previously around St. Patrick's Day.

Edited by Colin226, 20 November 2013 - 01:54 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#46 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

And there we have it: @TGfireandice: For those who've beem asking, Lou Lamoriello said Devils will be wearing original red jerseys with green in outdoor game at Yankee Stadium. @TGfireandice: Lamoriello said they will be same jerseys team wore previously around St. Patrick's Day.

sorry - this is terribly disappointing. i'm not saying that they had to go with day glow orange or something, but when you've got fans begging for a cool retro jersey and marketing $ to be made, why wouldn't you do it. even if it was just the whites, that would've been something. there have been plenty of cool mockups for alternates (there was a cool red and black one earlier in this thread).

"that's bush league" is more lou's mantra than any of his lombardi quotes.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#47 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

sorry - this is terribly disappointing. i'm not saying that they had to go with day glow orange or something, but when you've got fans begging for a cool retro jersey and marketing $ to be made, why wouldn't you do it. even if it was just the whites, that would've been something. there have been plenty of cool mockups for alternates (there was a cool red and black one earlier in this thread).

"that's bush league" is more lou's mantra than any of his lombardi quotes

They can't wear white as they are the home team.

lou's answer also doesn't fall in line with features subtly hinted at by reebok. Whatever the case it looks like reebok failed to shove a new design down lou's throat.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 20 November 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#48 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

White retros would have been neat, but I don't really care. Just glad we didn't get a whole new god awful design. The 3rd jersey policy is one of my favorite LL rules.

#49 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Meh.  Could have gotten BIG $ for new retro jerseys instead of recycling the previous jersey craze with the xmas ones..  

Posted Image Posted Image

#50 NLinfante

NLinfante

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

As much as I dont really care what they're going to wear, I agree that it's a bit of a loss from a sales standpoint.  The white/black jerseys from earlier in this thread are pretty cool while being subdued enough for Lou to allow, and I'm sure fans would be likely to buy something different - especially around the holidays.

For the record, they could have gone to the white retros if they wanted (which I think would have been awesome); teams can agree to whatever colors they want. IIRC, the rangers wore whites at home against one of the canadian teams in the 24/7 series. I have no idea why I remember this, but I think there was a specific mention of it in the show.

#51 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

i really don't think that's a big deal - the "home team" designation really only matters from a standpoint of which fanbase was getting 1/41 refunded to them.

White retros would have been neat, but I don't really care. Just glad we didn't get a whole new god awful design. The 3rd jersey policy is one of my favorite LL rules.

don't get me wrong, i don't want an alternate added to the rotation or a change to the current home/aways. i'm totally on board with that. but this is a special occasion where a jersey would be worn once. sorry - it's a mistake. there's no defense i can accept for why they wouldn't do a special jersey for this event.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#52 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,339 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

So who is gonna start the Stadium game?  :giggle:

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#53 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

i really don't think that's a big deal - the "home team" designation really only matters from a standpoint of which fanbase was getting 1/41 refunded to them.

Well that and last change

#54 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

what was the point of printing out these new t-shirts for the stadium game if theyre not even using that chrome looking logo and theyre just going to wear a retro jersey... dont understand the point of that chrome logo then if there not even going to wear it.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#55 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

lou's answer also doesn't fall in line with features subtly hinted at by reebok. Whatever the case it looks like reebok failed to shove a new design down lou's throat.

Not true.  Home teams wear white all the time.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#56 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

Not true.  Home teams wear white all the time.

It's an NHL rule, there's no debate lol. It's dark jerseys for home, white jerseys for road. The Capitals are an exception as they have a white 3rd. You'll see a random team wear their whites at home for some reason but how many times does that happen a season? 2? Maybe 3?

#57 Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

It's an NHL rule, there's no debate lol. 

No, he's right. The home team can choose to wear either white or color jerseys, they just need to let the opposing team know in advance. 

"Marion Gaborik scored his 65th, 66th, 67th, and 68th goals of the season tonight.

However, The Rangers were beaten by the Maple Leafs 6-4. Rather than bore you with those highlights, let's enjoy yet another encore presentation of our great MSG documentary, "1994: The Year We Can't Stop Thinking About" " - Warren

#58 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

No, he's right. The home team can choose to wear either white or color jerseys, they just need to let the opposing team know in advance. 

In his own wording, no, he's not. He's saying home teams wear white "all the time" and they don't. While there are exceptions to the rule (as i said above) this is not an all the time occurrence. It might happen less then a handful of times per year. 

Edited by TheRedStorm, 20 November 2013 - 07:06 PM.

#59 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

what was the point of printing out these new t-shirts for the stadium game if theyre not even using that chrome looking logo and theyre just going to wear a retro jersey

$$$$$$$$

sorry - this is terribly disappointing. i'm not saying that they had to go with day glow orange or something, but when you've got fans begging for a cool retro jersey and marketing $ to be made, why wouldn't you do it. 

Well they ARE wearing retro jerseys...just not a new design/color. I still think the red and green retro jerseys they've worn for the St. Patty's day games are pretty sweet, and it's not like they wear them often. This will only be the fourth time they've worn them since the color change before the 1992-93 season. Not to mention, a chrome logo on the game jerseys would've been tacky and hideous. 

It wouldn't surprise me to see a special "Stadium Series" patch on the jersey, setting it apart from the "regular" retro jerseys they will wear on March 18 (and that they wore in recent years around St. Patty's Day). 

Edited by JWomp, 20 November 2013 - 07:11 PM.

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#60 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

what was the point of printing out these new t-shirts for the stadium game if theyre not even using that chrome looking logo and theyre just going to wear a retro jersey... dont understand the point of that chrome logo then if there not even going to wear it.

Money...and more money. That's the only reason these stadium series games are being played in the first place.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users