#161 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

This is from the Ducks annoucement of the jersey:

"In addition, the new jersey technology fuses print and embroidery, reducing the weight of the crest which results in a lightweight jersey for athlete performance. The NHL Stadium Series jersey was designed with creative input from the Ducks, Reebok and the NHL."

They make it seem like going away from the traditional design will reduce the weight of the jerseys by 50 lbs. and allow players to be 2x faster.  Fact of the matter is, the jerseys will cost 25-50% less to make, thereby leaving Reebok and the NHL with that much more profit. 

Posted Image

#162 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

They make it seem like going away from the traditional design will reduce the weight of the jerseys by 50 lbs. and allow players to be 2x faster.  Fact of the matter is, the jerseys will cost 25-50% less to make, thereby leaving Reebok and the NHL with that much more profit. 

Apparently about 1 sq foot of fabric and about 10 feet of thread weighs 50lbs;)

#163 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:47 AM

There is no way to make the jerseys so much lighter that it actually has any real difference for the players.  Nike said the same crap when they came out with the Swift jerseys for the 2006 Olympics, and what happened?  Switzerland was one of two teams that did not wear the new lighter jerseys, and they had their best showing since 1952, finishing second in their pool with wins over the Czech Republic and Canada before being knocked out by the only other team not wearing the Swift jerseys--Sweden, who went on to win the gold medal.  So yeah this "lighter jersey, increased performance" talk is utter garbage.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#164 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:07 AM

They should just go back to wearing wool sweaters! 

#165 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

There is no way to make the jerseys so much lighter that it actually has any real difference for the players. Nike said the same crap when they came out with the Swift jerseys for the 2006 Olympics, and what happened? Switzerland was one of two teams that did not wear the new lighter jerseys, and they had their best showing since 1952, finishing second in their pool with wins over the Czech Republic and Canada before being knocked out by the only other team not wearing the Swift jerseys--Sweden, who went on to win the gold medal. So yeah this "lighter jersey, increased performance" talk is utter garbage.

of course it is, as chuck said it's all about profit.

I'm not big into jerseys (I just can't bring myself to spend that much on something id only wear to the few games I can make it to), but manufacturers are essentially charging full price for a knockoff quality product. Why not just buy the knockoff for a quarter of the price?

#166 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

of course it is, as chuck said it's all about profit.

I'm not big into jerseys (I just can't bring myself to spend that much on something id only wear to the few games I can make it to), but manufacturers are essentially charging full price for a knockoff quality product. Why not just buy the knockoff for a quarter of the price?

Because you will end up with a jersey that looks like this:

gallery_3795_169_63015.jpeg

#167 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

Lol that's pretty bad I guess the guy who ironed that on had a few drinks before hand... But I still might take my chances on a $50 knockoff before I drop $300 authentic with an iron on logo.

Though I can see if you're a sth and you're wearing it more than 40 times a year you would want the real thing.

#168 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

Lol that's pretty bad I guess the guy who ironed that on had a few drinks before hand... But I still might take my chances on a $50 knockoff before I drop $300 authentic with an iron on logo.

Though I can see if you're a sth and you're wearing it more than 40 times a year you would want the real thing.

That is a chinese knockoff and they are all "stitched on."  I can understand why people go towards the knockoff route but you can get a cheap blank replica for $50 on ebay and then send it to EPS to get lettered for $60 plus shipping and it would be a great looking jersey.  Why always the need to go authentic?

Also if you want an authentic wait until Meigray's summer sale.  They always have devils training-camp worn authentics for $75 and you can have that stripped and re-done.  There are always cheaper options out there so you never have to pay retail for an authentic.

#169 bostondevil11

bostondevil11

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

I bought a knock off Marty jersey just to wear playing hockey and the Devils logo is falling off after just a couple wears.

#170 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

I STILL don't get how they're going to play ice hockey in LA, but, whatever...

It won't be that difficult at all.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#171 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

pretty obvious how our's is goign to look, same stitch neck, red green and a chrome devils logo. love it or hate it. i think it will look sharp, i will buy one for xmas.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#172 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:29 AM

OMG blood pressure rising.. No Colin, don't do it!! You said you were done buying jerseys for a long time, and that was like 2 months ago.. You already have 8, why do you need more?!?!

BUT I MUST!! It's a CCM with stitched front logo.. How can I pass that up?! And only for $105? It's a steal and would compliment your red throwback! Buy it now before they run out of XL's.. Must have the precious!!

:dizzy:

Yeah.. thanks for the SportsK link.. i think me just bought a new jersey....

I've used SportsK before, stitched and shipped to Australia. Can't complain really.

To buy before my vacation? hmmmmm

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#173 Bonginator11

Bonginator11

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:08 AM

Sportsk is a good company but what the heck? Just noticed this.

http://www.sportsk.c...zed-jersey.html

#174 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:33 AM

Nothing wrong with 29 on that "retro" jersey. He was number 29 when wearing that style of jersey.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#175 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:45 AM

Sportsk is a good company but what the heck? Just noticed this.

http://www.sportsk.c...zed-jersey.html

I wouldn't get that for accuracy's sake. The font is a little off and if you get a Marty, to be 100% accurate you would also need the NHL 75th anniversary patch and devils 10th anniversary patch as 91-92 was the year Marty had that number.

I'm getting mine done at EPS and going to have them match it to a game worn from the 90-91 season.

#176 Bonginator11

Bonginator11

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:29 AM

Nothing wrong with 29 on that "retro" jersey. He was number 29 when wearing that style of jersey.

No the spelling....

#177 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:47 AM

No the spelling....

Haha didn't even catch that. I've heard good and bad about their customization. I'm just buying blank and taking it to EPS

#178 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:06 AM

I couldnt resist, I picked up 2 of those white retro jerseys.   My wife just got me an xmas gift, but she doesnt know it LOL...

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#179 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

Does anyone know if there are reproduced versions, or if they are somehow old stock from back then?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#180 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

I think they are new CCM replicas.  

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users