436 replies to this topic

#1 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:36 PM

Sorry if this was posted already, but I didn't see it anywhere. EDIT: I see that Colin covered this in the tickets thread. My apologies. 

nj_stad_thumb.jpg

The NHL has unveiled a special series of "chrome" logos for the Stadium Series: http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

I don't really see the point of it, because it's not like you can make the jerseys look chrome, but I guess it will just be the logo used for ads and commercials and merchandise for the game. At the very least, it confirms that we'll be wearing retro red and green, with the actual jerseys to be unveiled "in the coming weeks."

Edited by JWomp, 12 November 2013 - 06:38 PM.

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#2 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

if any graphic designers can put this on a black background and scale for iphone 5 wallpaper, it would be appreciated.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#3 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

I was really hoping they'd bring the white retros out of storage for this game.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#4 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

1JZEVQP.jpg

there you go.

#5 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

I was really hoping they'd bring the white retros out of storage for this game.

Didn't you see? They were all auctioned off on the concourse during games over the last 3 seasons lol

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#6 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,990 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

Awesome.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#7 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

1JZEVQP.jpg

there you go.

sweet thanks for the new background.. although its going to be tough to take marty off of it haha
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#8 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

Didn't you see? They were all auctioned off on the concourse during games over the last 3 seasons lol

Dammit!

But seriously.  Lou needs to be able to bend on some cases.  Fans would love the white retros much like they love the red ones.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#9 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

1JZEVQP.jpg

there you go.

thank you

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#10 Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

I am incredibly excited. Christmas trees confirmed! I like the white retro even better myself, too.

Edited by Christmas Tree, 12 November 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#11 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

I don't understand this, these aren't going on the jerseys are they? Why did the NHL get to intervene and give us a temporary logo that doesn't even serve a purpose, and to make a press release about it? I mean what purpose does this serve?

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#12 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

I don't understand this, these aren't going on the jerseys are they? Why did the NHL get to intervene and give us a temporary logo that doesn't even serve a purpose, and to make a press release about it? I mean what purpose does this serve?

They did an entire set of chrome looking logos.  The purpose?  I have no idea.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#13 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

They did an entire set of chrome looking logos.  The purpose?  I have no idea.

they look cool though.. i wouldnt mind seeing something flashy like this on a one time jersey why not its not hurting anything.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#14 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

they look cool though.. i wouldnt mind seeing something flashy like this on a one time jersey why not its not hurting anything.

My question, how come the Isles logo is the only one that they didn't use the team's actual logo?

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#15 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

My question, how come the Isles logo is the only one that they didn't use the team's actual logo?

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

their new logo that theyre using is fisherman frank! baha ...could you imagine if they out that lame thing on a jersey.. WHOOF
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#16 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

The only white Retros I saw at the auction tables were the uncreated white ones for $15 in mediums and sometimes larges only. I never saw any of them with a crest or a name for auction.

Those auctions were a mixed bag. You could either find a nice steal or see people overpay for dumb crap. They had some nice older mid 90s authentics or replicas with names but they were always in size 48 or smaller or mediums or smalls. Plus not only that but more than once they have been caught auctioning off knockoff jerseys as well starting at $100.

#17 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

I could see Reebok forcing upon us some sort of shimmering new age "chrome" jerseys for all of the outdoor games.  I hope I'm wrong.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#18 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:45 AM

I could see Reebok forcing upon us some sort of shimmering new age "chrome" jerseys for all of the outdoor games.  I hope I'm wrong.

again its not like its going to be our new image for the season it would be used once for the one game.. i think it would be kind of cool. Not that big of a deal
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#19 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

Don't like it. Metallic finish looks so cheesy. Would much rather the regular retro logo.

#20 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

again its not like its going to be our new image for the season it would be used once for the one game.. i think it would be kind of cool. Not that big of a deal

Apparently, according to icethetics, the NHL and Reebok have pretty much full control over the look of the Stadium Series jerseys and not the teams.  This is different from the retro jerseys the Devils put out for the retro games as the Devils and Lou still have at least some say or the final say on them.

What I am getting at is that since these appear out of Lou's hands, I doubt they will only be used for just this game.  Reebok and the NHL would never allow a jersey to be developed only to be used and shown for just 1 game when $ is on the line.  Every time the Devils wear the new jersey is basically going to be a 2.5 hour long advertisement for them to sell those jerseys.  Look at how many times the Winter Classic jerseys have been worn by their respective teams after the Winter Classic game was finished.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users