84 replies to this topic

#81 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

It's hard to at what the team would have looked like with kovy this year. Lou probably knew the whole time that kovy was leaving and made every offseason move with that in mind.

#82 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

Steve Thomas wasn't the worst player of Wendel Clark and Claude Lemieux - he was probably the 2nd best player.  Thomas was just miserable in NJ and 96 was the only year where he had a large role.

I'm surprised he didn't have a mental breakdown in 98 after Carp got hurt.   They brought up Morrison and him, Thomas, and Rolston clicked pretty well as an offensive oriented line.   But then Carp came back and it was back to mindless checking and matchups.   I would say that role was a large role, though, because Carp played a disproportionate amount of ice-time.   Just probably not the role any scoring forward would WANT.

Edited by maxpower, 15 November 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#83 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

i think jagr still would've been here - zidlicky and ryder would not be.

And obviously not Brunner.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#84 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

i'm not convinced of that. kovy's $ (cap hit) = zid + ryder. the real dollars, of course, is another matter entirely. although, its possible the new owners could consider it ashtray money but, they weren't the new owners at the time.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#85 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:42 PM

i really hope this guy starts to wake up and regains his confidence hes been lost for a while now.. guy had all of us excited in the beginning of the season and now hes a ghost.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users