29 replies to this topic

#21 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,034 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

Mike literally takes the same calls about Cano's contract, Incognito, and the Yankees for 5 hours straight.

You would think this guy would take this time of year to learn the bare minimum about hockey and talk about it, even a little bit.

This. He talks more about baseball during their offseason than he does hockey during their season (now).

I really want to run an experiment where you bet against every prediction me makes on every game for a year.  I really wonder what the outcome would be.  My hypothesis is that you would come out ahead.

#22 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

I hate Fatcessa.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#23 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

They did ask about being on both sides of this rivalry.

My ears perked when he said, paraphrasing, "The Rangers have so many more fans, so when we played in Jersey, it was practically a home game.........."

I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#24 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

Mike literally takes the same calls about Cano's contract, Incognito, and the Yankees for 5 hours straight.

You would think this guy would take this time of year to learn the bare minimum about hockey and talk about it, even a little bit.

You'd think that having a varied show would keep people around but no. Its because I doubt people listen to him for more then half an hour because that's how long the drive home is. That and old farts in Florida who watch on Yes and only care about Football, baseball and horse racing. I do like when he gets on how long people wait on line to prank call them and berates them for having nothing better to do. Yeah because waiting an hour to make the same point about Mantle... again is a better use of it

Edited by roomtemp, 14 November 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#25 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

I remember hearing a pretty funny Fatso prank several years ago...it had a well-placed Stripes (1980 movie starring Bill Murray and Harold Ramis) reference.

This was just after Tony Romo had taken over for Drew Bledsoe as the Dallas Cowboys' starting QB...a caller claimed that there had been an ugly scene in the Dallas clubhouse between Romo's and Bledsoe's families, and began telling his story to Mike, who was completely entranced...Fatso was buying in completely.  The caller finished with, "Apparently Bledsoe's dad was so ticked off, he finally snapped and said 'Any of you friggin' ROMOS touch me, and I'll kill ya!" 

I still don't think Idiot ever realized he was pranked...after the call was over he kept saying things like "Wow, I didn't realize that was going on...I mean, families going at it in the clubhouse..."

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 14 November 2013 - 02:22 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#26 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

It doesn't bother me all that much.  I'd rather him not talk about it if he doesn't really know much about the sport, which he'll readily admit.  I think his interviews with Pierre McGuire and Micheletti are actually pretty good all things considered. 

I've heard Stephen A. Smith try to talk about hockey.  He speaks in this authoritative tone when I imagine the guy couldn't name more than five players in the entire league. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#27 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

It doesn't bother me all that much.  I'd rather him not talk about it if he doesn't really know much about the sport, which he'll readily admit.  I think his interviews with Pierre McGuire and Micheletti are actually pretty good all things considered. 

I've heard Stephen A. Smith try to talk about hockey.  He speaks in this authoritative tone when I imagine the guy couldn't name more than five players in the entire league. 

I've heard Stephen A Smith talk... I still have nightmares about that

#28 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

What a F%#@!n Dick.....I hate that fat F%#@ a little more every year

Was that really you on the phone?????

HAHA! No that isnt me. I got the link offa Opie & Anthony cause they rag on Francesa alot. 

One of their listeners call in sometimes with a spot on impersonation thats hilarious.

#29 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

If anyone hasn't seen these you're in for a treat. The cadence the guy has is what makes it great

#30 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

All this baseball talk from Francesa in November is sickening. Who the f cares about baseball in November??

I listen passively in my office during the day and the sheer amount of baseball today has been nauseating. There's football on tonight. Football this weekend. Hockey is going on. Hell even the NBA is in season. What the hell Zaun.

God save the King, backaftadis.

Edited by gardenstatepkwy, 14 November 2013 - 04:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users