41 replies to this topic

#21 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

Trautwig is too over the top with his homerism. I mean, I get it with Chico or Ray Lucas with Rutgers football or the Jets, they're obviously rooting for the home team, but can still see things objectively. The Rangers tv guys (and the majority of their fans) are just delusional, and are blinded and misguided by their homerism. They'll dispute a call even when the replay demonstrates the contrary. As if we're not seeing it with our own eyes.

I don't know, man... Chico's homerism is pretty unmatched lol

#22 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

I see your Chico and raise you a Steve Coates

#23 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

Jack Edwards? (bruins)

Devils.

#24 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=1822946

i dont follow B ball

just another example of how the rags own owner could care less about the team. He's so upset over the Knicks after 5 games yet you didn't hear a peep from him during the blueshirts terrible start.

If the ranger ever got a competent mature owner they would have gotten rid if sather long ago and put a much better team in front of the queen.

But then we wouldn't get to savor in al trautwigs misery!

Edited by dmann422, 15 November 2013 - 12:13 PM.

#25 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

Jack Edwards? (bruins)

Is he the color commentator? Fcuk that guy. And his family.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#26 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

I feel like it is just coincidence, but I really dislike all the other local teams announcers. Probably hate the Flyers guy on Comcast Network the most followed in a tie with Howie Rose, Sam Rosen. I only dislike Howie for the isles, but I really can't stand anyone on the Rangers MSG team.

815631765.gif

#27 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

I feel like it is just coincidence, but I really dislike all the other local teams announcers. Probably hate the Flyers guy on Comcast Network the most followed in a tie with Howie Rose, Sam Rosen. I only dislike Howie for the isles, but I really can't stand anyone on the Rangers MSG team.

Howie is probably the best play by play announcer out of all the local team announcers.

#28 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

Howie is probably the best play by play announcer out of all the local team announcers.

he is good I just hate him cause he's the one that yelled Matteau Matteau Matteau back in '94 when he was doing rag radio games

Nosen is actually decent with football...it's just he really overdoes it with the rags..really overdoes it

#29 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

The Flyers guy is a bit of @sshole, but his wife and kids are very nice. My backyard fence separates his house from mine. As for Trautwig and Chico, the thing is Chico is a very pleasant guy and Trautwig isn't. Chico might be a huge homer but he isn't mean spirited about it and gives credit where it is due, usually ;)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#30 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

I feel like the coincidence is that you don't like the teams and that dislike is extended into the announcers. To me none if the areas hockey pbp or color guys really stand out as great or terrible (as a mets fan I do think howie is excellent in the radio).

However I just hate when Rosen or howie or the tasty cakes guy in Philly get the opportunity to make a positive call... Not because I don't like them but because I want their team to suck.

#31 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

Not that I know whether he is a homer or whatever, I just can't stand Mike Lange the radio announcer for the Penguins. Him and those "Lange-sims" when someone like Cindy scores a goal. We don't need hackneyed catchphrases, just say he scored.

Honestly, "SHAT SCAR" is much better.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#32 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

Not that I know whether he is a homer or whatever, I just can't stand Mike Lange the radio announcer for the Penguins. Him and those "Lange-sims" when someone like Cindy scores a goal. We don't need hackneyed catchphrases, just say he scored.

Honestly, "SHAT SCAR" is much better.

Its an A-Bomb From A-Rod...

Sorry I mixed up hackneyed announcers

#33 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

I feel like the coincidence is that you don't like the teams and that dislike is extended into the announcers. To me none if the areas hockey pbp or color guys really stand out as great or terrible (as a mets fan I do think howie is excellent in the radio).

I dunno. I've listened to commentary from other regions, including teams I don't like (had to get out of town feeds in college), and their commentators are a lot more informative. The NY homers don't bother to tell you much about the other teams. If I were a Rags or Isles fan, I'd be pissed, because I would want to know what to look for. Even though Chico's a huge homer (unless the other team's goalie is involved), he also does a good job telling us to watch for on the other team.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#34 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

I dunno. I've listened to commentary from other regions, including teams I don't like (had to get out of town feeds in college), and their commentators are a lot more informative. The NY homers don't bother to tell you much about the other teams. If I were a Rags or Isles fan, I'd be pissed, because I would want to know what to look for. Even though Chico's a huge homer (unless the other team's goalie is involved), he also does a good job telling us to watch for on the other team.

I won't pretend to know a lot about other commentators I just know they get a whole lot better and a whole lot worse than any of our areas teams. Specifically I think michaletti howie and cangelosi are above average (compared to the guys I've heard)

Chico is good as a devils fan but what I don't like about him is he's a lot like Jon Gruden who does Monday night football- he only praises players and rarely knocks them. Gruden makes every player out to be a hall of gamer. Chico to a least extent always has positive reinforcement.

Of course all of this is subjective and many guys may like Edwards and the Pittsburgh guys or hate doc or Kenny Albert. There's no right and wrong.

But we can all agree that trautwig is a douche.

#35 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:40 AM

hahahaha...

When I read this, I read this in that Miami CSI dudes voice as he takes off/puts on his sunglasses, hahaha

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_sarYH0z948

:giggle:

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#36 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,177 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

I hate Detroit's announcers. They complain and bitch and moan about everything that doesn't go their way.

#37 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

I hate Detroit's announcers. They complain and bitch and moan about everything that doesn't go their way.

Sharks announcers are worse.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#38 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

The Flyers guy is a bit of @sshole, but his wife and kids are very nice. My backyard fence separates his house from mine. As for Trautwig and Chico, the thing is Chico is a very pleasant guy and Trautwig isn't. Chico might be a huge homer but he isn't mean spirited about it and gives credit where it is due, usually ;)

You live next door to Jim Jackson? Rofl, I'd fly my Devils flag outside the house with pride and not let him forget who his neighbor roots for.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#39 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

You live next door to Jim Jackson? Rofl, I'd fly my Devils flag outside the house with pride and not let him forget who his neighbor roots for.

I don't have a problem with Jim Jackson.  He's actually pretty professional if you ask me.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#40 JerryTown95

JerryTown95

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

Imagine the tandem of PbP guy from Pitt paired with the color commentator guy from Bahston... :blahblah:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users