189 replies to this topic

#121 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

Do I really want to hear what DeBoer has to say?

Just go back and read his quotes from every other game where they do everything but finish. He can't come out and say directly this team doesn't have enough individual skill and talent so he has to repeat the same mantra after games like this. 

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#122 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Absolutely disgraceful. How do we continue to give no goal support to one of the best goalies in the league. I am so pissed right now

We had so many chances to put the puck in the net and of course we couldn't. I am so tired of not sorting goals.

No Quick, no Carter, and whoever else and we lose 2-0?? fvck that

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#123 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

well we were in this game and couldve had a point at least....but.....

and it looks like most of the teams around us are getting points tonight

#124 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Cory should demand a trade.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#125 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

I demand to be traded if I'm Cory. To hell with this crap. 5 shutouts in less than a quarter of the season. Inexcusable.

#126 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Lol I just need to avoid the board after every loss. You would think we just lost the cup final again.

We were the better team the majority of the game. Just like the rangers were the other night. Sometimes that isn't enough.

Good news is we only have 24 hours to dwell in it before the boys have a chance to put it behind us. If we win tomorrow nobody will even remember tonight.

#127 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

One problem the Devils have when CS plays is he doesn't handle the puck. It's something that gets overlooked because we're used to seeing it, but not having Brodeur back there playing the puck really hurts them. 

Yes. And he seems to be trying to play the puck and it's creating a lot of confusion between him and the defencemen. 

Well the optimist in me says that we outplayed the Kings 2/3 periods and lost. We were outplayed by the Rangers 2/3 periods and won. Call it even and move on.

The pessimist says we've been shut out 5 times this year and aren't a strong enough team physically to compete with the likes of the Kings.

Posted Image

#128 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

If we are tied with philly after tonight I'll lose it

#129 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

Absolutely disgraceful. How do we continue to give no goal support to one of the best goalies in the league. I am so pissed right now

We had so many chances to put the puck in the net and of course we couldn't. I am so tired of not sorting goals.

No Quick, no Carter, and whoever else and we lose 2-0?? fvck that

I can think of only 3 really good chances.  I agree at least one or two of them should have been converted.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#130 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

I can think of only 3 really good chances. I agree at least one or two of them should have been converted.

I can think of like 2 in the opening two minutes

#131 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

Lol I just need to avoid the board after every loss. You would think we just lost the cup final again.

We were the better team the majority of the game. Just like the rangers were the other night. Sometimes that isn't enough.

Good news is we only have 24 hours to dwell in it before the boys have a chance to put it behind us. If we win tomorrow nobody will even remember tonight.

If we play the same game tomorrow, we should win.  Pittsburgh doesn't have a great defense.

Yes. And he seems to be trying to play the puck and it's creating a lot of confusion between him and the defencemen. 

Well the optimist in me says that we outplayed the Kings 2/3 periods and lost. We were outplayed by the Rangers 2/3 periods and won. Call it even and move on.

The pessimist says we've been shut out 5 times this year and aren't a strong enough team physically to compete with the likes of the Kings.

The good news is, we only have to compete with the teams in the East to make the playoffs.  That's all I want out of this season.

If we are tied with philly after tonight I'll lose it

Yet we'll still only be one point out of a playoff spot.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#132 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,996 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

For all the crap we hear about CORSI shmorsi the devils are due to do blah blah there shooting percentage will get better, they're going to score a goal blah blah

In their last 31 games dating back to last season they've been shut out NINE TIMES

9!!! How is that statistically possible. Has any team been shut out so much in such a stretch? How about 0-21 in our last 21 shootout attempts. A gorilla with a hockey stick would somehow figure out a way to score at least once in that many tries

so basically why aren't the Devils forfeiting every 4th game? Just flat out don't play. Doesn't matter the goalie they face...they're not going to score

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#133 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

Yet we'll still only be one point out of a playoff spot.

Way too early in the season to be hanging your hat on that, unfortunately.  Standings really mean nothing at this point..it's all about the trends.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#134 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

In Cory Schneider's 9 starts, the Devils have only scored 10 goals and have been shutout 4 times, unreal. Devils came into the night only shooting 5.1% in front of Schneider...and that number just goes down further. Can't wait for regression (in a good way) to a normal SH%.

Kings avg 32.0 shots for/60, only had 21 tonight. Kings allow 24.7 shots against/60, Devils had 26 tonight. Shame the Devils didn't at least salvage a point tonight. Unfortunate result.

Ryder and Brunner continue to disappoint.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#135 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

if we win tomorrow this game is no biggie

#136 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

devils are too dependent on marty playing the puck

edit: good game though

Edited by lazer, 15 November 2013 - 09:55 PM.

Posted Image

#137 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,112 posts

One problem the Devils have when CS plays is he doesn't handle the puck. It's something that gets overlooked because we're used to seeing it, but not having Brodeur back there playing the puck really hurts them. 

Good point. We're two different teams with Schneid and Brodeur

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#138 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

man that was a disappointment.. doesnt really make me want to come back here again tomorrow
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#139 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

BTW, I fvcking hate Dwight King's face!  Good god!  I just wanna fvcking punch that fvcking puke so hard that his face ends up in the back of his head forcing him to walk backwards for the rest of his life!

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

man that was a disappointment.. doesnt really make me want to come back here again tomorrow

Come on man!  Really?!

Good point. We're two different teams with Schneid and Brodeur

It's not only strange, but EXTREMELY concerning.  We can't really rely on Marty all season long, can we?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#140 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

BTW, I fvcking hate Dwight King's face! Good god! I just wanna fvcking punch that fvcking puke so hard that his face ends up in the back of his head forcing him to walk backwards for the rest of his life!

Ha, i was thinking the same thing with his goofy grin
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users