I listen to DeBoer speak ...NOTHING

#142 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

The game was decent. But I agree the team is completely different with Marty in net then Cory it's sad. They can't score without the confidence that Marty brings to them it's so sad.

#143 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

BTW, I fvcking hate Dwight King's face!  Good god!  I just wanna fvcking punch that fvcking puke so hard that his face ends up in the back of his head forcing him to walk backwards for the rest of his life!

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Come on man!  Really?!

It's not only strange, but EXTREMELY concerning.  We can't really rely on Marty all season long, can we?

yea man I dont know if I honestly wana spend more money to come back tomorrow again the building was boring no energy just not a fun time for a hockey game
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#144 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

Damien Brunner has no points in his last 8 games. Just 2 points (same game) in his past 13 games. Had 5 of his 7 points in his first 5 games. Has a 42.7% offensive zone start and a 64.4% O/D start%.

Scary thing is he's tied for 3rd on the team in points and is 2nd in primary points.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#145 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

Damien Brunner has no points in his last 8 games. Just 2 points (same game) in his past 13 games. Had 5 of his 7 points in his first 5 games. Has a 42.7% offensive zone start and a 64.4% O/D start%.

Scary thing is he's tied for 3rd on the team in points and is 2nd in primary points.

brunner has tturned into a complete gghost he does next to nothing out there.. he started the season with a couple goals and gave everyone some false hope
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#146 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

Guys calm down. Who cares if we have no one scoring goals? At least were not overpaying guys who could do it now but be stuck with bad contracts in 7 years, lets focus on that.

And im doing this thing right?

But seriously this game could have been ours, their goal was a goal that will go in one times out of 10 and we could have scored one like that too it just didnt happened. Lets move on to tomorrow, pittsburgh would be just as fun to win

Edited by SterioDesign, 15 November 2013 - 10:40 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#147 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,206 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

Way too early in the season to be hanging your hat on that, unfortunately.  Standings really mean nothing at this point..it's all about the trends.

Especially since the murderer's row coming up over the next few games is pushing the trend downward.  They really needed to get this game tonight, if they screw the pooch tomorrow they could be looking at a six-game losing streak in no time (including the Winnipeg game post-trip against a team we can't match up with and are playing just two days after the WC trip ends).

brunner has tturned into a complete gghost he does next to nothing out there.. he started the season with a couple goals and gave everyone some false hope

Don't get me started on Brunner...I wanted to give him a one-way ticket back to Switzerland after this game, especially considering how bad he's been and how he's supposedly whining about his creativity being stifled.  **** that, at least compete out there.

For all the crap we hear about CORSI shmorsi the devils are due to do blah blah there shooting percentage will get better, they're going to score a goal blah blah

In their last 31 games dating back to last season they've been shut out NINE TIMES

9!!! How is that statistically possible. Has any team been shut out so much in such a stretch? How about 0-21 in our last 21 shootout attempts. A gorilla with a hockey stick would somehow figure out a way to score at least once in that many tries

so basically why aren't the Devils forfeiting every 4th game? Just flat out don't play. Doesn't matter the goalie they face...they're not going to score

Not to mention three of the shutouts this season are against Montoya, Scrivens and Emery.  Freaking trash all of them.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#148 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

They really sucked at pricing games this season

You hit that nail on the head, not sure how you raise the price of tickets and concessions after a lockout, then fail to make the playoffs, then lose all.of your premier players. In case the new owners haven't noticed, there isnt exactly a huge following for this franchise. Bring back the ticket deals from 2 and 3 years ago.

As for the game tonight, it was extremely frustrating, but lets pump the brakes. They played well, I just can't stand when this team has the chance to put the puck on net to create a chance and instead tries to make an impossible pass and the puck goes the other way. It had to happen a dozen times tonight. Frustrating loss but we didnt look bad.

#149 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

In Cory Schneider's 9 starts, the Devils have only scored 10 goals and have been shutout 4 times, unreal. Devils came into the night only shooting 5.1% in front of Schneider...and that number just goes down further. Can't wait for regression (in a good way) to a normal SH%.

Kings avg 32.0 shots for/60, only had 21 tonight. Kings allow 24.7 shots against/60, Devils had 26 tonight. Shame the Devils didn't at least salvage a point tonight. Unfortunate result.

Ryder and Brunner continue to disappoint.

Really felt for Cory tonight.

I know the Devils did look good at times tonight...but goddammit, I swear this bunch can really set back hockey at times...they were unwatchable for roughly half the game...looked like a bunch of disorganized discombobulated clowns. 

That's now 120 minutes of live Devils hockey I've subjected my daughter to.  I dream of the day she gets to see the Devils score one fvcking goal.  Just one.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#150 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,206 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

I know the Devils did look good at times tonight...but goddammit, I swear this bunch can really set back hockey at times...they were unwatchable for roughly half the game...looked like a bunch of disorganized discombobulated clowns. 

That's now 120 minutes of live Devils hockey I've subjected my daughter to.  I dream of the day she gets to see the Devils score one fvcking goal.  Just one.

lol ouch...make sure before you go next time Marty's playing, then maybe you'll see an actual goal :P

Check that, I forgot the first game for you was the Flyer game where Marty did play - oy vey.  Maybe you should get her into soccer, most soccer teams score more than the Devils :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 November 2013 - 11:08 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#151 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

lol ouch...make sure before you go next time Marty's playing, then maybe you'll see an actual goal :P

Check that, I forgot the first game for you was the Flyer game where Marty did play - oy vey.  Maybe you should get her into soccer, most soccer teams score more than the Devils :lol:

Yeah, the fun keeps on comin'. 

Funny re: the soccer comment...that's what it felt like at times. 

I calmed down during the drive home, but I was plenty pissed when the game first ended.  This team can be so friggin' aggravating to watch at times.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#152 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

Can't imagine how the Devils can't score. I mean, we have Peter Harrold on the PP, you'd think we'd be a scoring machine. I just don't get DeBoer. Team is winning = change the lineup. Team gets shut out = same lineup tomorrow. It's ludicrous. 

believe-devs.jpg

#153 Meals on Wheels

Meals on Wheels

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

The most depressing thing for me tonight was the empty seats in the upper levels, especially the corners where the tickets used to be more affordable. Despite our bad attendance through the years, the seats up top were always filled, with the fans who are the loudest and bring the most energy. The lack of energy in the building tonight didn't do what a home crowd should do. I know they didn't score to get us into the game, but we didn't give them any energy, that's for sure. It was the most dead and empty I have ever seen a Devils game on a Friday night. I am truly sad after what I saw tonight. For example, 226 and 215 were completely empty. Tickets were going for $50 for these sections on ticketmaster. Some of you are saying that Devils fans are spoiled, but we don't have the type of fan base for this pricing model. It's been an epic failure so far. To see that many empty seats upstairs (not even going to comment on how empty the club seats were) was just truly disheartening.  They need to find out a way to fill the building again, and it starts with mass emailing ticket deals and getting rid of this horrendous new pricing structure. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

#154 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

Well, it's all my fault. 2nd home game I've attended, both times we get shutout....

#155 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

This loss doesn't bother me a whole lot. But it doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

The most depressing thing for me tonight was the empty seats in the upper levels, especially the corners where the tickets used to be more affordable. Despite our bad attendance through the years, the seats up top were always filled, with the fans who are the loudest and bring the most energy. The lack of energy in the building tonight didn't do what a home crowd should do. I know they didn't score to get us into the game, but we didn't give them any energy, that's for sure. It was the most dead and empty I have ever seen a Devils game on a Friday night. I am truly sad after what I saw tonight. For example, 226 and 215 were completely empty. Tickets were going for $50 for these sections on ticketmaster. Some of you are saying that Devils fans are spoiled, but we don't have the type of fan base for this pricing model. It's been an epic failure so far. To see that many empty seats upstairs (not even going to comment on how empty the club seats were) was just truly disheartening.  They need to find out a way to fill the building again, and it starts with mass emailing ticket deals and getting rid of this horrendous new pricing structure.

I'm really starting to hate management. How can you seriously let the building get like this? Our arena should never have fewer than 15,000 people in it.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#156 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

Schneider in 9 starts: 1-5-3, 1.98 GAA, .918 SV%

I saw a lot of tweets during the game mentioning how boring this game was. Sad thing was that by 2013-14 Devils standards, this was one of the more exciting ones in my opinion - not that they've set the bar that high. That 14 shot game vs Philly was one of the most boring games I recall watching in my life and I started watching in 1994.

Hopefully the Devils do better next time you take your daughter. It's bound to happen at some point, right?

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#157 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,582 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

Power play needs fixing, otherwise NJ's game was fine.  They broke even in scoring chances with LA, LA got the bounce, and NJ didn't.  Some games it will be the opposite (like, say, on Tuesday against the Rangers)

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#158 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

It starts by not thinking they're high brow entertainment for upper middle class Bergen and Essex familes.   They shot themselves in the foot and the product isn't exactly helping.

#159 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,996 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:03 AM

Power play needs fixing, otherwise NJ's game was fine.  They broke even in scoring chances with LA, LA got the bounce, and NJ didn't.  Some games it will be the opposite (like, say, on Tuesday against the Rangers)

for every 1 game that goes our way, 5 don't. That's not a winning formula

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#160 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,582 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

for every 1 game that goes our way, 5 don't. That's not a winning formula

Only because the Devils haven't been able to win a shootout.  That too is subject to chance.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users