165 replies to this topic

#121 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

Were there any annoying Pens fans by you?  I had one a few rows behind me.  When Jagr scored, I had to chant YS in his direction.

I was in 119 wasnt to bad
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#122 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

They gave up a breakaway (which Pittsburgh scored on).  Gone are the garbage goals like the one Lucic scored or the one Michalek scored - he's making those stops.  The defense isn't giving up a ton of odd-man rushes and that's helping but he's making the stops on other scoring chances, something he wasn't doing early on in the season.

That wasn't really a lapse, though, it was just an old guy getting caught flatfooted.    I mean early in the season they had an issue where both defensemen were going to the wall and no one was covering the back door, and it was happening right and left.  And of course the infamous GWG against Calgary where the Flame went backdoor and skated right past both defensemen and neither reacted... lol.  They just seem alot sounder defensively and I think it's carrying over to the goalies as well.

#123 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

happy as hell about the win. Was at Streetlight Manifesto and had to keep checking the twitters. I was with my ranger fan friend, he was always booing everytime the devils scored haha. But sucky for us, the rags won too. Oh well.. Love winning against the Pens. Hopefully they can keep this up

POTATO!!!

#124 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

SD, if the Devils lose two out of three on the West Coast road trip (a tough one), will you promptly go back to bitching about Lou and DeBoer? 

DR33, re:  Brodeur, I've statistically pointed out the surges before in 2010-2011 and 2011-12, but let's face it, at Marty's age, it makes sense to be more and more cautious as the years pass.  2011 was almost three years ago, 2012 was almost two...feels like a while ago already.  Just because he's done it at 38 and 39 doesn't mean anyone should expect it at 41.   

I'm as thrilled as anyone that Marty's doing this...it is truly awesome.  It's great to click on to ESPN, look up Marty's numbers, see the projections and see numbers that are right up there with Marty's best seasons.  No, he won't keep this up, and he'll probably have another shaky stretch in time, but right now, this is really really fun. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 18 November 2013 - 07:03 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#125 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

Does anybody know what the Rock's new seating capacity is?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#126 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

Does anybody know what the Rock's new seating capacity is?

they have a "new" seating capacity? what was changed
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#127 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

they have a "new" seating capacity? what was changed

TG reported on it a while back.  The game against the Rags was a sellout of 16,592.  But the home opener had a crowd of 16,664 and wasn't a sellout.  Last night would have been called a 16,000+ crowd last year and any other year.  14,120 seemed like way too low of a number.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#128 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

TG reported on it a while back.  The game against the Rags was a sellout of 16,592.  But the home opener had a crowd of 16,664 and wasn't a sellout.  Last night would have been called a 16,000+ crowd last year and any other year.  14,120 seemed like way too low of a number.

maybe they are just rounding up to their "sell outs" even if there are still tickets available
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#129 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

maybe they are just rounding up to their "sell outs" even if there are still tickets available

Huh?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#130 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

Huh?

as in say if the arena actually seats 17k+ seats but they only sell 16k they are calling it a sell out anyway just because it was close.. get it?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#131 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

as in say if the arena actually seats 17k+ seats but they only sell 16k they are calling it a sell out anyway just because it was close.. get it?

Well the Isles game had more people and it wasn't a sellout.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#132 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

Well the Isles game had more people and it wasn't a sellout.

right brown i dont know what to tell ya then.. call the arena and complain about it i guess
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#133 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,069 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:24 AM

SD:  Yeah fair point, I think they used to have Kovalchuk slashing through the neutral zone as a default and they can't do that with Jagr.  

max:  I can give you a litany of weak goals that Brodeur gave up in the first 3 weeks of the season.  He wasn't getting a ton of help from his defense but he also gave up some very bad goals.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#134 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:33 AM

14,120 seemed like way too low of a number.

What are you talking about? It looked empty. I feel like that's a generous number.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#135 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

What are you talking about? It looked empty. I feel like that's a generous number.

What seats were you in?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#136 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:46 AM

SD, if the Devils lose two out of three on the West Coast road trip (a tough one), will you promptly go back to bitching about Lou and DeBoer? 

DR33, re:  Brodeur, I've statistically pointed out the surges before in 2010-2011 and 2011-12, but let's face it, at Marty's age, it makes sense to be more and more cautious as the years pass.  2011 was almost three years ago, 2012 was almost two...feels like a while ago already.  Just because he's done it at 38 and 39 doesn't mean anyone should expect it at 41.   

I'm as thrilled as anyone that Marty's doing this...it is truly awesome.  It's great to click on to ESPN, look up Marty's numbers, see the projections and see numbers that are right up there with Marty's best seasons.  No, he won't keep this up, and he'll probably have another shaky stretch in time, but right now, this is really really fun. 

ok listen you troll, how 'bout you get off my case every fvcking single time im posting something? I've also never being on Deboer's case more than anyone else here and i've been pretty positive even when they we're losing lately than a lot of people here. I was never part of the Fire Deboer thing or wtv. 

Jesus christ, Im posting positive stuff and you keep busting my balls after? seriously back off

Edited by SterioDesign, 18 November 2013 - 07:54 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#137 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:25 AM

ok listen you troll, how 'bout you get off my case every fvcking single time im posting something? I've also never being on Deboer's case more than anyone else here and i've been pretty positive even when they we're losing lately than a lot of people here. I was never part of the Fire Deboer thing or wtv. 

Jesus christ, Im posting positive stuff and you keep busting my balls after? seriously back off

Yeah, your avatar is very complimentary towards DeBoer, and you have complained about him a lot this season (and many other things).  Great, you FINALLY posted something pretty positive, but you've done a lot of bitching (much of it over the same things over and over), and in the friggin' Kings thread (a whopping three days ago), you were in "I told you so" mode with the people who had been trying to be positive up to that point. 

You know when you're arguing with your gf for days about something lets say that she never lock the doors at night but she's always saying. "Bahhhh its fine nobody is gonna try to get in here, relax."

So once you're both standing there in the living room looking at no tv, no nothing and listening to your dog whining cause he got raped and the place is trashed... you know that feeling of wanting to point out that you told her this would happen.

Well I was the one annoyed as fvck by all the denials that "we'd be perfectly fine" back then and people calling me out. So let me have my moments here please. I know i'm coming off negative at times about some stuff but its not as if i'm wrong either.

The Devils win 4-1 against the Pens, and in the space of 60 hockey minutes, suddenly the team is coming together and fun to watch and all is well (they've actually been trending towards that for a while now, with the 7-4-2 record over their last 13, but unfortunately I think consistent goal-scoring is going to be an issue for this team all season...they're going to have trouble overcoming any goaltending slumps, and like I've said, they will be a tough watch at times.  And unfortunately, right now the team is not gifted with strong shootout performers, so instead of being something like 9-8-3 or 10-8-2 like they would've been in past seasons, they're 7-8-5).  But with your flip-flop track record, I can't help but wonder if, as quickly as you're posting sunshine, if you'll go back to criticizing and complaining if the Devils have a tough time on this upcoming trip.   

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#138 Jerzeyfan

Jerzeyfan

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

IMO, Schneider is a better option than Brodeur now.

#139 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,952 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

IMO, Schneider is a better option than Brodeur now.

Based on what?  Marty's given up 5 goals in his last 6 GP, with a .964 save%.  Schneider's been terrific in his last two as well.   

If anything, I'd lean towards Marty for right now...ride the guy who's hot...but it's not like Schneider won't be playing (he'll get at least one start on this trip, I would think, with back-to-backs coming up on Thursday and Friday).  At any rate, Devils are 6-3-1 in their last 10, with Marty getting seven starts and Schneider getting three, and the three regulation losses came by shutout.  Goaltending and the way it's been handled has hardly been a issue lately.

#30 FOREVER!

#140 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:09 AM

Based on what?  Marty's given up 5 goals in his last 6 GP, with a .964 save%.  Schneider's been terrific in his last two as well.   

If anything, I'd lean towards Marty for right now...ride the guy who's hot...but it's not like Schneider won't be playing (he'll get at least one start on this trip, I would think, with back-to-backs coming up on Thursday and Friday).  At any rate, Devils are 6-3-1 in their last 10, with Marty getting seven starts and Schneider getting three, and the three regulation losses came by shutout.  Goaltending and the way it's been handled has hardly been a issue lately.

I agree, ride Marty while he's hot. Schneider will be good and solid NOW, or good and solid when Marty starts to lose it a little bit. He almost never looks rusty or not ready to play so I don't see a problem with assuming Schneider will be getting most of the starts by the time the second half of the season comes around. For now, ride the hot hand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users