165 replies to this topic

#161 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

At the urinal? Who in the hell picks a fight while you're in the middle of that? I probably would have just pissed on him at that point.

it sounds like a perfect spot for a rags or flyers fan... Right when their opponent is most vulnerable.

The question is do you zip up or defend yourself?

#162 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,562 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

At the urinal? Who in the hell picks a fight while you're in the middle of that? I probably would have just pissed on him at that point.

He made a comment, then gave me a slight whack to the back of the head (yes, I was still peeing at this point).  I told him to stop, that I was just kidding around with him and that I was yeah, taking a leak!  He did it again, harder, and was clearly waiting for/wanting a retaliation.  At this point I was done peeing, but I again asked him to knock it off (there were a lot of Rags fans in the bathroom, and I was clearly outnumbered), but also made it clear he shouldn't hit me again.  He did.  I lost it.  I zipped myself, punched him square in the face, he lost his balance and fell toward a wall, I pinned him up against the wall with my left elbow and popped him in the face another five or six times, faster than I would've thought I was capable of doing, and then just kind of lost it and started yelling at him (he was bent over and holding his face at this point).  No one tried to break it up, but a couple of minutes later a security guard came in and took him out...nothing happened to me.  A couple of Ranger fans actually said "That guy had it coming, you couldn't help it."  I still felt bad though.  Fighting isn't my thing.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 18 November 2013 - 06:55 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#163 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

Cam "Seabass" Neely will if it's 2:15

Edited by The 29th Pick, 18 November 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#164 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

He made a comment, then gave me a slight whack to the back of the head (yes, I was still peeing at this point).  I told him to stop, that I was just kidding around with him and and that I was yeah, taking a leak!  He did it again, harder, and was clearly waiting for/wanting a retaliation.  At this point I was done peeing, but I again asked him to knock it off (there was a lot of Rags fans in the bathroom, and I was clearly outnumbered), but also made it clear he shouldn't him hit me again.  He did.  I lost it.  I zipped myself, punched him square in the face, he lost his balance and fell toward a wall, I pinned him up against the wall with my left elbow and popped him in the face another five or six times, faster than I would've thought I was capable of doing, and then just kind of lost and started yelling at him (he was bent over and holding his face at this point).  No one tried to break it up, but a couple of minutes later a security guard came in and took him out...nothing happened to me.  A couple of Ranger fans actually said "That guy had it coming, you couldn't help it."  I still felt bad though.  Fighting isn't my thing.

sounds like he deserved every bit of it.. im sure you couldve tuned him up a little worse.. broke his nose and really beat his ass but atleast you didnt...nothing to feel bad about in the end.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#165 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

It's amazing how emotionally invested we become with our sports.  It brings out the worst in people sometimes.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#166 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,562 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

sounds like he deserved every bit of it.. im sure you couldve tuned him up a little worse.. broke his nose and really beat his ass but atleast you didnt...nothing to feel bad about in the end.

He did bring it on myself, but I would've rather walked away.  He wasn't going to let that happen though, no matter what. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users