105 replies to this topic

#61 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

Boxing hasn't died if you've kept up with it bro its well alive. With what's going on with it. I know that the sounders have the most hardcore fan base in the states. They love their dam team lol.

Depends who you are comparing them to, not sure they could beat anyone in the premier league... and Hockey is great, still my favorite sport to watch, I havenot watched a boxing match in a decade, that sport died along time ago....

Problem with soccer is Americans love scoring, not scoring chances, so they donot get soccer, If you watch soccer at the highest level ( lets be honest, most donot want to watch 2 bad football teams either) its a beautiful thing to see.

Edited by CarterforPresident, 19 November 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#62 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

Boxing hasn't died if you've kept up with it bro its well alive. With what's going on with it. I know that the sounders have the most hardcore fan base in the states. They love their dam team lol.

I'm def a casual fan, but out of the matches I've seen, it's like a solid 30-40% get a total WTF was he watching card from a judge. That's completely insane to me and I feel like a part of why people would get turned off. I still don't understand why anyone wants to watch a Mayweather Jr fight. Oh gee, he's fighting some other dude who doesn't have a chance? Awesome.... OH LOOK he punched him while he was waiting for the ref to give instruction! Wow, pure excitement.....

#63 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

Regarding soccer i respect the sport but yeah it is just too boring, especially when there are as many as 38 games... I just can't get into it when there are so many ties or 1-0 games. It would almost be more exciting to me if the number of games was decreased a la the nfl.

But when it comes to World Cup I will get into it because every game and every play means so much more.

#64 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

We watch for him to lose hash!!! Yeah a lot of bad judges are messing it up badly
But a lot of matches are good now a days.

#65 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

I know that the sounders have the most hardcore fan base in the states. They love their dam team lol.

Sounder fans are great, That does not mean the soccer is great.  Dempsey is my favorite American player, but he should have stayed in England

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#66 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,316 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

Regarding soccer i respect the sport but yeah it is just too boring, especially when there are as many as 38 games... I just can't get into it when there are so many ties or 1-0 games. It would almost be more exciting to me if the number of games was decreased a la the nfl.

But when it comes to World Cup I will get into it because every game and every play means so much more.

so 162 games in baseball is OK, even thou thats like watching paint dry, but soccer should only have 16 games??  you do realize they play 38 league games so they play each team home & away??  And those 38 are only league games, most team also play in the League Cup, FA Cup, & some also play in the Eurpean leagues as well.

Again if you watch bad teams then its bad soccer, watch Arsenal/Liverpool or Man U Man city, or Barca/ Real & tell me that's boring....

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#67 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

Fan base in general. They have some of the most hardcore fans in all of sports. I don't know why I just know they do

Sounder fans are great, That does not mean the soccer is great. Dempsey is my favorite American player, but he should have stayed in England

#68 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

so 162 games in baseball is OK, even thou thats like watching paint dry, but soccer should only have 16 games?? you do realize they play 38 league games so they play each team home & away?? And those 38 are only league games, most team also play in the League Cup, FA Cup, & some also play in the Eurpean leagues as well.

Again if you watch bad teams then its bad soccer, watch Arsenal/Liverpool or Man U Man city, or Barca/ Real & tell me that's boring....

I don't watch baseball religiously as I do the nfl or nhl. To me baseball is like soccer in that it's hard to get excited watching on TV and is much better in person.

Like I said big games in soccer are exciting because there is a lot on the line and one play can be the game, but I just can't bring myself to watch multiple games a week as I would nfl or nhl because not enough happens.

#69 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

+100 soccer has a hard time getting a strong following on TV to match the other sports.

I don't watch baseball religiously as I do the nfl or nhl. To me baseball is like soccer in that it's hard to get excited watching on TV and is much better in person.

Like I said big games in soccer are exciting because there is a lot on the line and one play can be the game, but I just can't bring myself to watch multiple games a week as I would nfl or nhl because not enough happens.

#70 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:40 AM

I hate to say it...but after last night, 3v3 OT is awesome

Devils.

#71 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

I hate to say it...but after last night, 3v3 OT is awesome

Totally agree..Small sample size of 1 for me seeing that, but i'd take that over the shootout. Lots of 2 v 1 rushes. Maybe the shootout should be replaced by a 2 v1 contest? I kid, but I i'd take almost anything over the shootout.

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#72 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

Last nights 2 minute 3v3 was proof positive that they should add 5 minutes of that to overtime. It was clearly very exciting hockey.

#73 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,342 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:24 AM

3 on 3 is just a far better option than shootouts. It's more entertaining and closer to real hockey. Because of the personnel on the ice, all it takes is one guy getting rubbed out of the play or caught up ice and boom....legit scoring chance the other way.

If a game can go 4 on 4 and then 3 on 3 for 10 minutes with no goals being scored, then no team deserves to win and it should be a tie.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#74 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

really enjoyed that 3v3 last night opened up the ice and made it very exciting to watch..hope they change with something like this
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#75 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

I must have been watching an entirely different game than you people. It was really conservative breakouts because they knew if they lost the puck, you're not getting it back until a save is made or a shot is missed.

#76 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,238 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

I must have been watching an entirely different game than you people. It was really conservative breakouts because they knew if they lost the puck, you're not getting it back until a save is made or a shot is missed.

You were. There were 2-3 good breaks for both teams and that was just for 2 minutes. It would be a lot more exciting over a 5 minute span, and especially once teams got used to it and designed up some plays. 3v3 was great, way better then a shootout. I agree 7, if it cant be settled after 2 rounds of that, bring back ties. 

#77 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

You were. There were 2-3 good breaks for both teams and that was just for 2 minutes. It would be a lot more exciting over a 5 minute span, and especially once teams got used to it and designed up some plays. 3v3 was great, way better then a shootout. I agree 7, if it cant be settled after 2 rounds of that, bring back ties. 

I'd much rather 10 mins of 4 on 4. I'd actually just prefer a tie or 10 mins of more 5 on 5 as the OT.

#78 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

That's the first 3 on 3 I enjoyed, because usually it is like this.  The breakouts were conservative, but still people managed to get open on both teams.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#79 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

Sign me up for the 3-on-3. I think it almost guarantees a winner within 5-10 minutes and is a better more fairer way to win than a shootout.

#80 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

overtime should just be endless 3v3 until someone scores. no stoppages!

Devils.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users