88 replies to this topic

#61 Meals on Wheels

Meals on Wheels

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

The biggest issue for me is the empty building this year because of pricing and the lack of special deals. I am very upset to hear that filling this building isn't important to the management. Of course, the season ticket holders are a priority and they are guaranteed sales, but the building is a morgue when it's only 11-14k people in there. I am in the same boat as some of the other posters. I go to 10-20 games a year and get all of my tickets on stubhub the day of the game. I typically don't spend more than $20 to get in. Playoffs are different, and I can splurge for those. I've had a partial plan before but it was a hassle to sell the tickets if I couldn't go. I have always done it this way because my work schedule changes and I can't commit to season tickets. I like going when I am free, and the cost savings is an added benefit to this approach. I've been going to games since 93 and I watch every game on tv if I can't be there. I'd say that is more than "casual fan" status. The past few years were great, I got emails constantly for cheap ticket deals and took advantage of every single one. I even got into the Cup finals in 2012 with one of those deals. I do also feel somewhat offended by that letter, because to me, filling the building is the most important thing. The atmosphere at games this year has been quiet and uninspiring. That is an issue that needs to be addressed, and it looks like they are going to be stubborn and set in their ways, which have proven to be an epic failure this year. 

I paid $15 for a ticket to the Friday night Kings game and for the first time, saw all the corner sections upstairs completely empty. That's where our loudest fans and most of the passion would come from, but there was no energy up there, and it was depressing. I can't believe they wanted fans to pay $55 for those seats. This is a side note, but I also witnessed a "clique" of Season Ticket holders being extremely rude and disorderly to 2 fans who were at their first game and then stated that they are never coming back due to the experience. We should all be making an extra effort to gain new fans at every opportunity, not lose them.  

Posted Image

Posted Image

#62 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

they are really going after the "you suck" crowd

and by after i mean targeting

and by targeting i mean fvcking

Posted Image

#63 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

Another brilliant move by the new management. As a STH, I am one of the 10,000 people this policy is meant to benefit. The problem is, I would rather see a full energetic building regardless of the discounts to non STH's than the lifeless empty arena we've had this season. I didn't buy seasons to resell them, so I don't care how the deals undercut the STH resale market. The perks a few seasons ago were great and, as someone previously said, it should be something they should be increasing to attract new plan holders.

Just seems to me like these new suits have no clue how to reach this fan base, and are making a mess at every turn. Sad start to this regime.

this is how i feel. i, like colin, appreciate the same seat and the perks (although i think there should be more - that's what's going to really make someone want STH). the difference between spending $500 and $700 for some sort of plan isn't likely to sway an opinion if the perks are special.

I don't want to say anything, but the "gifts", I just have a feeling that a certain someone was behind those things and he ain't there anymore.   Because I can tell you we didn't get sh!t from the Devils until after the 04-05 lockout, which was when he came on board.   People can say what they want about JVB but he was a fan's owner and he "got it".

whether it was jvb specifically or his marketing team, i did like what they were doing during his tenure for fan support

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#64 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

I really would like to see those numbers.  I mean if the STH base has grown so dramatically the last few years, where are they?  All I see are numbers for new STH but I never see about how many were lost or retained.  Therefore I take those numbers with a grain of salt but I digress.

As for the email, eh maybe I am overreacting and turning an anthill into a moutain, but damn that whole "value-focused" fans part was a bit grating. 

Eh reading it again I can see your point.  I guess I am overreacting.

Dammit thanks for making me feel like SD just now lol.

I dunno, I kind of feel the same way you do. I REFUSE to buy tickets at box office price, they're nuts. I either buy stubhub or I get my Father to buy extras through his STH account.

And the perks people are mentioning are pure garbage. Ooh a meet and greet. I can get that with an hour of standing outside the arena by the parking deck. Having the same seat is kind of nice, but it's no biggie to me. I just want to be in the building.

Personally, I feel like I'm the kind of person the Devils need to target. I'm 23, just starting to make some more money than I did in the past, but the hell with it if I'm not saving any money. In fact, since I'd wager very few STH actually make it to every game, between paying more for the seats to begin with, then selling them at a loss, it's even less smart financially for me to become a STH.

And there is absolutely no way the Devils don't make money off of me when I see around 10 games a year live. No matter how much I tell myself, don't buy anything in the arena, I always do. Went to the LA game, bought 2 beers and popcorn. That alone was probably enough for them to turn a profit on my seat since they made about 1000% profit on those items, lol. Add in the nearly $40 I paid for each ticket and I don't get how I'm not important as a fan.

The letter definitely had a screw these guys looking for cheaper tickets, they're not who we care about vibe to it.

Edited by ATLL765, 20 November 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#65 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

Got an email for a college night "discount". $32 tickets going for... Wait for it... $30. Save a whole $2.

Is this a joke? Seriously, who the hell thought this was a good idea? Why even have the discount in the first place

#66 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

And the perks people are mentioning are pure garbage. Ooh a meet and greet. I can get that with an hour of standing outside the arena by the parking deck. Having the same seat is kind of nice, but it's no biggie to me. I just want to be in the building.

again - i'd like them to get people like you into the building while i'm there (as a STH) but i can assure you that the on-ice skate with the players is an awesome event and not anywhere near waiting outside for these guys to go from the arena to their car where i assure you, you are the last thing they want to deal with.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#67 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

IMHO the guy Eric has no idea what he is doing....he is going to end up pissing off all of the STH's with his nonsense

He needs to go back wherever he came from

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#68 mac760

mac760

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Got an email for a college night "discount". $32 tickets going for... Wait for it... $30. Save a whole $2.

Is this a joke? Seriously, who the hell thought this was a good idea? Why even have the discount in the first place

The family four pack deal is not much better. These deals are made worse by the fact that Ticketmaster is piling on their fees which did not seem to happen in previous seasons.

Edited by mac760, 20 November 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#69 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

again - i'd like them to get people like you into the building while i'm there (as a STH) but i can assure you that the on-ice skate with the players is an awesome event and not anywhere near waiting outside for these guys to go from the arena to their car where i assure you, you are the last thing they want to deal with.

The on ice skate would probably be my #1 perk if I was a STH with a kid. I loved it when I was younger. I was referring to the meet and greet thing they did in the concourse though.

#70 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

The family four pack deal is not much better. These deals are made worse by the fact that Ticketmaster is piling on their fees which did not seem to happen in previous seasons.

All part of the Eric K regime

No deals for Non STH's

STH's who have to sell some games get punished.

Hopefully this clown is ousted sooner than later

All part of the Eric K regime

No deals for Non STH's

STH's who have to sell some games get punished.

Hopefully this clown is ousted sooner than later

SCREW THE NON-STH'S!  IF YOU ARE A STH, SCREW YOU TOO!  MUST ATTEND ALL 41 HOME GAMES!  BROKERS EVERYWHERE!!!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#71 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

Nothing would make me happier then to see a competitor to Ticketmaster that would force them to lower their fees. It's nuts. I paid $15 worth of fees on $65 worth of tickets to the LA game. A fee that is 25% of the cost of the product is insane.

#72 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

Nothing would make me happier then to see a competitor to Ticketmaster that would force them to lower their fees. It's nuts. I paid $15 worth of fees on $65 worth of tickets to the LA game. A fee that is 25% of the cost of the product is insane.

Yea same with some concert venue tickets. The fees are insane and if that doesn't get them out of your price point right away, the fact that so many of the tickets are bought out in minutes and thrown on Stubhub for 3-5x the price(+fees) will. As far as Devils games are concerned, I have just started adding 15-20$ on to whatever tickets my friends think they want to buy that night so I have a more accurate number of what the game will cost assuming I don't eat or drink.

815631765.gif

#73 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,950 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

IMHO the guy Eric has no idea what he is doing....he is going to end up pissing off all of the STH's with his nonsense

He needs to go back wherever he came from

Eric didn't just get here this year, he was here at least two years back when the Devils were a lot more fan friendly. It's not all him, or at least it couldn't be all him two years ago and now with two completely different mindsets. We all know what HAS changed in those two years.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#74 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,697 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

Yup, I did the Rangers pre-sale last month for the Yankee stadium game and on 3 x $149 tickets I paid $112 on convenience charges and shipping.

And yes I felt a sharp pain in my butthole when I saw that amount.

#75 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

Eric didn't just get here this year, he was here at least two years back when the Devils were a lot more fan friendly. It's not all him, or at least it couldn't be all him two years ago and now with two completely different mindsets. We all know what HAS changed in those two years.

I have to think he is a big part of it

#76 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

You guys are wayyyy overreacting. The amount of games last year that were on LivingSocial and Groupon was insane. If you start that culture of discounting almost EVERY game of the season, you'll end up like Florida in a few years, where people will be expecting $8 tickets for a game on Saturday night.

I'm sure they'll reintroduce College Nights, I'm sure they'll keep their family packs and other small discounts here and there, but you can't throw season ticket holders under the bus like they did last year with every game being on LivingSocial and people getting discount tickets and a free t-shirt every night. It left a bad taste in all our mouths.

I think the guy's email is meant to say that those casual LivingSocial people (which were a lot of tourists, I noticed) don't mean dick to the future of the franchise. I don't think he's lumping in game-by-game purchases and people who go to 10-20 games a year.

Why do people attending games have to mean something for the future? Theyre trying to act like in the future theyll be like the habs and have every seat filled with STHs. Its never ever going to happen. Its the newark devils not the montreal canadiens or minnesota wild. The management needs to get a hold of themselves.

Yous know why tickets are cheaper on stubhub and scorebig? Because thats what they should actually be worth. Theres no doubt whatsoever that devils tickets are overpriced. Instead of raising your prices every year, good or bad, how about doing a little marketing research. What because some people are suckered into overpaying yearly for seats everyone should? Go screw.

#77 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

i saw a couple of these discount deals and they are absolutely nothing compared to what they were last year they arent even worth looking at.. highest discount "deal" that ive seen was maybe $5 off of box office.. sorry ill continue to stick to stubhub to buy tickets to all of my games and hell im basically a season ticket holder threw stubhub ive only missed one game this season i love going to as many as i can just not worth it financially to purchase seasons when i can get tickets cheaper then what theyre offering... that and i enjoy moving around a lot.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#78 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

Why do people attending games have to mean something for the future? Theyre trying to act like in the future theyll be like the habs and have every seat filled with STHs. Its never ever going to happen. Its the newark devils not the montreal canadiens or minnesota wild. The management needs to get a hold of themselves.

Yous know why tickets are cheaper on stubhub and scorebig? Because thats what they should actually be worth. Theres no doubt whatsoever that devils tickets are overpriced. Instead of raising your prices every year, good or bad, how about doing a little marketing research. What because some people are suckered into overpaying yearly for seats everyone should? Go screw.

SPOT ON!

#79 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

SPOT ON!

Easy there McNulty.

#80 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

Very arrogant franchise we are.  The business model is flawed.  They need to have an "a la carte" mentality with some of the seats and continue to do what they were doing.

There is a reason why, for example, an airline like Southwest pumps money year after year despite the airline industry having suffered considerably since 2001.  Their business is simple and transparent - and people get to destinations they want, at a price that is fair, and a product that is competitive.

We, on the other hand, have a group of hot-shot wanabee sports agents, under the direction of two or three boneheads, who dictate the policies and pricing of tickets - overestimating the PRICE / PRODUCT / and COMPETITION.

We're heading in the wrong direction I'm affraid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users