281 replies to this topic

#221 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

so now at 690 goals,with 5 more Jagr would pass Yzerman(692) and Messier(694) and sit 7th of all time after the season.

Still a bit far to beat or tie Esposito with 717 but if he plays another season it's not impossible.

www.SterioDesign.com

#222 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

Honestly, who woudl have thought Jagr had that much in the tank. I think he is making me apprecaite the difference between the greats and the very good. The fact that he is still able to do this at this stage is just amazing. Awesome to see the devs steal a win for once.

#223 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

This game looks like Olympic hockey Canada vs. Kazakhstan.

..and Kazakhstan wins!

filepicker%2F3VfcwPM3QVupgQ0fGtRI_borat.

#224 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:13 AM

Honestly, who woudl have thought Jagr had that much in the tank. I think he is making me apprecaite the difference between the greats and the very good. The fact that he is still able to do this at this stage is just amazing. Awesome to see the devs steal a win for once.

i just hope he doesnt run out of fuel like a lot of people are predicting mid way threw the season... he conditions and trains like no other that has got to play a big part in it.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#225 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

I turned the game off after the second period......cause I didnt want to go to sleep all PO'd (we looked like crap for the first and second)  but it looks like I shoulda stayed up

They are replaying the game on MSG plus right now.....cant wait to see the third and OT

Go Jags !!!!!!!!!!!!!

#226 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

I turned the game off after the second period......cause I didnt want to go to sleep all PO'd (we looked like crap for the first and second)  but it looks like I shoulda stayed up

They are replaying the game on MSG plus right now.....cant wait to see the third and OT

Go Jags !!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol ill turn it on towards the end certainly not worth watching any of the rest of it
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#227 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

Wow, just finished watching the game on dvr.  it was like we were short handed for 45 mins, the shot differential doesnt even tell the whole story because they missed the net so much. the ice was so crowded every time we had the puck and so open for the kings.

but eventually the kings legs got just as heavy as ours, schnieder stayed brilliant, and was there a michael ryder sighting or what (well at least in the offensive zone there was)???

take that win and get out of the building fast!

#228 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

2. Fans...I had heard LA fans were wishy washy, come late, get decked out and leave early kinda crowd...NOT TRUE FOR KINGS FANS...these people were parked in their seats 10 minutes before the puck dropped, place was packed to the gills, sold out, and this was the LOUDEST ARENA I have ever been in...the fans were very, very loud and the music and sounds were very, very loud.  These Kings fans are super serious.  No bullsh!t like the rest of LA fans.  The arena/fans were literally 10-12 times louder than any regular season Devils game I have ever been to...probably twice as loud as the last Stanley Cup run.

Interesting to hear. I barely heard the crowd on TV despite the mic'ing of the arena last night sounding so jacked up; you could barely hear what Chico was saying at times when a loud rock song was playing during a stoppage in play. You were there though, so I take your word for it!

#229 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

Wow I cannot believe we got out of there with a win. I wanna say we had no business even being in that game but a win is a win.

I cannot believe the numbers, SOG and scoring chances. We could not develop anything until the 3rd. Thank god our D and goaltending is rock solid

Edited by Onddeck, 22 November 2013 - 10:47 AM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#230 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,079 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

This is why you pay a 9th overall pick for a goalie.  I expect Schneider to steal 1 or 2 similar games in the season.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#231 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

This is why you pay a 9th overall pick for a goalie.  I expect Schneider to steal 1 or 2 similar games in the season.

Nothing will be similar to this game. I refuse to believe the Devils will play another game close to what last night was.  They'll get outplayed in some, but not completely thrashed. This team is too proud  

Edited by SMantzas, 22 November 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#232 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,281 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

Wow, just finished watching the game on dvr.  it was like we were short handed for 45 mins, the shot differential doesnt even tell the whole story because they missed the net so much. the ice was so crowded every time we had the puck and so open for the kings.

but eventually the kings legs got just as heavy as ours, schnieder stayed brilliant, and was there a michael ryder sighting or what (well at least in the offensive zone there was)???

take that win and get out of the building fast!

That's how I saw it. It actually looked like the Kings were playing 6 on 5 the entire night,

Deboer should be starting Cory against the Sharks. 1 goal given up in each of his last 3 games. Stopped 80/83 shots. Start the better goalie against, arguably, the best team in the league.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#233 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

Interesting to hear. I barely heard the crowd on TV despite the mic'ing of the arena last night sounding so jacked up; you could barely hear what Chico was saying at times when a loud rock song was playing during a stoppage in play. You were there though, so I take your word for it!

It was LOUD.  I turned to my girlfriend on probably 5-6 occasions and said, "wow, these people get really, really loud here".  Trust me, the place was jumping.  I was just as surprised as you are.  

DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#234 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,079 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

Nothing will be similar to this game. I refuse to believe the Devils will play another game close to what last night was.  They'll get outplayed in some, but not completely thrashed. This team is too proud  

They won't play as poorly, but only because the other team won't be as good.  They'll have bad games, though.

The crazy thing about the Kings is that they are both stronger and faster than NJ.  Most teams are faster (obviously) but are not stronger, and NJ can at least beat them in the corners to a draw.  The Devils did that when the Kings were in back to back games but I think the two games reflect pretty well the talent disparity.

I also felt this was a game where Volchenkov and Salvador were missed some at even strength - NJ had a hell of a time winning board battles in their D zone.

Edited by Triumph, 22 November 2013 - 11:17 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#235 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

They won't play as poorly, but only because the other team won't be as good.  They'll have bad games, though.

The crazy thing about the Kings is that they are both stronger and faster than NJ.  Most teams are faster (obviously) but are not stronger, and NJ can at least beat them in the corners to a draw.  The Devils did that when the Kings were in back to back games but I think the two games reflect pretty well the talent disparity.

I also felt this was a game where Volchenkov and Salvador were missed some at even strength - NJ had a hell of a time winning board battles in their D zone.

Agree with all of this.

I think Clowe would've helped in a game like this. Even Zubrus and Jagr had trouble getting anything going down low. I thought Bernier was excellent and Carter was a fact with his speed

#236 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

That's how I saw it. It actually looked like the Kings were playing 6 on 5 the entire night,

Deboer should be starting Cory against the Sharks. 1 goal given up in each of his last 3 games. Stopped 80/83 shots. Start the better goalie against, arguably, the best team in the league.

Both have been hot lately...Marty's faced 88 shots in his last three and allowed 6 goals (.932)...definitely got some luck in his last one though.  Right now it feels like you can't go wrong with either one, but based on the ridiculous effort on Schneider's part, I'd probably reward him with the San Jose start.

Numbers have been terrific for these two since both had kind of "meh" starts:

Marty's last 7 starts:  .951 save%

Cory's last 8 starts:  .936 save%

If stopping pucks was a huge problem last year (and it sure was), it most definitely isn't right now. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#237 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

Carter is one of our best players right now

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#238 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

Carter is one of our best players right now

The dude was FLYING last night.

DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#239 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:40 AM

I hated it at the time, and my first reaction was to call it the Devils Kyle Brady moment.  (Was wrapped up in the fact that Nishushkin had fallen so far).  But yeah, looks like I was dead wrong, even though having watched some of the Rags/Stars game last night, Nishuskin looks like a beast already. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#240 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

The dude was FLYING last night.

was it henrique that was with carter and ryder late in that game?  thats a line we might want to see more of!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users