281 replies to this topic

#261 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,504 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

The Devils also needed (and still need) young forwards in the worst way.  Lou even admitted it before the draft.  A lot of people said that Nishushkin was the type of player that could go number 1 in a lot of drafts.  I was pumped when Buffalo passed on him. 

I know what you're saying (Devils clearly don't have loads of young forwards waiting to step in), but as far as getting an in-his-prime goalie who could be considered a lock to be "the man" in a guy like Schneider, I thought it was the right move, and I'm glad Lou went that way (even though his only being signed for two seasons definitely makes it a risk).

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#262 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

I shared Daniel's sentiments about the Schneider trade, but that's because I was prepared to take Nichushkin who fell all the way to #10. I also didn't realize that CS was an elite goalie. I knew he was good, but after looking at his numbers and watching him play, it will be tough for Nichushkin to be as valuable as Schneider.

Your post is spot on DR33. Of course, Schneider isnt signed past 2015 but I think they'll give him what he wants. Schneider is basically the one piece we have who will guarantee we won't be a bottom 5 team in the future.  Seriously, the guy is that freaking good. Even if the team around him is lousy, he'll keep us in it more often than not. After watching him play a bit, I can't believe we got him for a first round pick

Now I see it as being a smart move, but I think I felt like Daniel did. I was at the draft, excited to see us use our 1st rd pick....or our 2nd....anyways though, my brother and I had readied ourselves to be pumped for Nichuskin, since he was still available. It was just a shock to hear the trade announced, so I was a little taken aback. After thinking about it, it makes sense.

#263 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

So is beating the same dead horses over and over again and constantly making snide remarks about how swell other GMs are for signing a guy before he goes UFA, seemingly every time another GM did that.  To your credit, you haven't been doing it lately (I suspect the Devils going 6-1-1 in their last eight has something to do with that), but it was getting to be repetitive and ridiculous, and I was hardly the only one annoyed by it.    

I really feel like a day for you really wouldnt be complete until you quote and bash me in a post.

Edited by SterioDesign, 22 November 2013 - 02:07 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#264 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

I shared Daniel's sentiments about the Schneider trade, but that's because I was prepared to take Nichushkin who fell all the way to #10. I also didn't realize that CS was an elite goalie. I knew he was good, but after looking at his numbers and watching him play, it will be tough for Nichushkin to be as valuable as Schneider.

Your post is spot on DR33. Of course, Schneider isnt signed past 2015 but I think they'll give him what he wants. Schneider is basically the one piece we have who will guarantee we won't be a bottom 5 team in the future.  Seriously, the guy is that freaking good. Even if the team around him is lousy, he'll keep us in it more often than not. After watching him play a bit, I can't believe we got him for a first round pick

Cory Schneider is arguably the best goaltender in the world. Many people in Vancouver knew he had the goods to support that level. He just needed playing time.

#265 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,504 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

I really feel like a day for you really wouldnt be complete until you quote and bash me in a post.

No, I was pointing out what leads some fans to finally say something like "Well then go root for [insert team here]"  I pointed out that you've stopped doing it (for now).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 22 November 2013 - 02:16 PM.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#266 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

I'm not concerned about that at all really.  If Lou has to, he'll give Schneider a deal similar to Rask's this off-season. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#267 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

No, I was pointing out what leads some fans to finally say something like "Well then go root for [insert team here]"  I pointed out that you've stopped doing it (for now).

Dude you beat the dead horse bringing back stuff that I said in the past a lot more than me actually saying stuff. Plus you put words in my mouth with meanings i never meant and keep on bringing it back even though i'm correcting you every single time. Let it go dude.

At some point people whining about the people whining about the weather are just as annoying as the weather and the people whining about it. You're that person now. 

www.SterioDesign.com

#268 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

Darryl Sutter said we have the beat goaltending tadnem in the league:). Some praise last night from the LA side. Heard the announcers say Greene is one the most underrated dmen in the league

#269 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,504 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

Darryl Sutter said we have the beat goaltending tadnem in the league:). Some praise last night from the LA side. Heard the announcers say Greene is one the most underrated dmen in the league

Marty and Cory have been playing well, no question.  And good thing...Devils have needed it.  Scary to think where they'd be without their goalies stopping almost 94% of the shots coming their way as of late, and Jagr playing like he's 10 years younger than he really is.

#30 FOREVER!

#270 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Dude you beat the dead horse bringing back stuff that I said in the past a lot more than me actually saying stuff. Plus you put words in my mouth with meanings i never meant and keep on bringing it back even though i'm correcting you every single time. Let it go dude.

At some point people whining about the people whining about the weather are just as annoying as the weather and the people whining about it. You're that person now. 

Will the both of you relax and play nice?  I really enjoy reading both your posts and the different views of the team, etc.  Respect that everyone's opinions are different.  If everyone had the same opinion, this would be a very boring board.  It would be like 1 post then 20 "I agree".  Can we move on from it please?

Posted Image

#271 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

Seriously? Not that they're wrong, but wow, somebody giving Greene credit. He truly deserves it.

#272 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

Will the both of you relax and play nice?  I really enjoy reading both your posts and the different views of the team, etc.  Respect that everyone's opinions are different.  If everyone had the same opinion, this would be a very boring board.  It would be like 1 post then 20 "I agree".  Can we move on from it please?

I completely agree with what youre saying.

But If you've been tracking it you'd know i asked him quite a few times lately to just ignore me and stop jumping on every single of my posts if he doesnt agree. Yet he'll jump on every single occasions to call me out bringing back stuff i said months ago

Edited by SterioDesign, 22 November 2013 - 02:58 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#273 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,740 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

I don't really think it's fair to bring up a poster's posting history all the time, it's intended to start an old debate that's not really worth having.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#274 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

I don't really think it's fair to bring up a poster's posting history all the time, it's intended to start an old debate that's not really worth having.

Well there we can agree on something Tri lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#275 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,504 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

Well there we can agree on something Tri lol

You're exaggerating a bit SD, I hardly go jumping on everything you post.  I mildly disagreed with something you posted in the OOT thread about the standings being terribly important at this time of year, and you practically took it as a personal attack (even though the post was addressing a point and wasn't the slightest bit insulting). 

But no more bringing up you complaining about Lou's MO anymore.  Like I said, you haven't been doing it lately.   

#30 FOREVER!

#276 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

You're exaggerating a bit SD, I hardly go jumping on everything you post. I mildly disagreed with something you posted in the OOT thread about the standings being terribly important at this time of year, and you practically took it as a personal attack (even though the post was addressing a point and wasn't the slightest bit insulting).

But no more bringing up you complaining about Lou's MO anymore. Like I said, you haven't been doing it lately.

So am i really exaggerating? lol come on. I took it as a personal attack cause that was like the 8th times in 2 days that you called out something i said quoting me. You called me out after i posted something positive asking me if i would go back bitching if we'd lose the next games. Then later you brought back the Lou stuff like 4-5 times out of the blues after a few of my random posts, the playoffs thing once, the Pete DeBoer thing (which was false), and double quoted me in a thread and took the time to go and grab another quote i posted in a different thread like 2 weeks ago. Thats going out of your way and you kept on bringing back stuff that i said (or didn't even say) in the past. Also mentioning me in your posts about stuff that i said. And in this very thread i defend a guy who simply reviews his experience and almost got ripped for giving credits to the kings fans and you get on me again quoting me and replying "So is beating the same dead horses over and over again and constantly making snide remarks about how swell other GMs are for signing a guy before he goes UFA, seemingly every time another GM did that." Bla bla bla bla.... So really? Tell me again that im exagerating

And all of that after me telling you 2-3 times to simply put me on the ignore list cause you we're clearly SO irritated with arguments we had in the past that you cant stand anything that i post taking it in the worst possible way every time.

Edited by SterioDesign, 22 November 2013 - 06:37 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#277 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

Seriously? Not that they're wrong, but wow, somebody giving Greene credit. He truly deserves it.

I've caught some portions of la games through gamecenter and I think their announcers are pretty good and knowledgeable. still homers but every broadcast team is.

#278 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

Everytime I see "SD", I think of Satans Devils.

It's the whiskey talking.

#279 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

Here's an idea; get yourself season tickets and a Dustin brown Jersey. I'm guessing this was a joke.

Talk about soft.  You can't handle a fellow die-hard Devils fan contrasting one arena with another?  Wow.  Alrighty then.  

DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#280 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,840 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

Hahahaha amazing finish. Anyone see the fat chick behind the devils bench give PDB the finger after Jagr scored? Priceless lol

Yep, I saw the dirtbag showing her lady-like disposition....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users