95 replies to this topic

#21 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

Same ol' frontrunning bunch of zilches. Same ol' falling apart in big test games like this one...on their own turf no less, yet again. Bunch of fvcking clowns. All of them.

At least when this happens to them in the playoffs, it won't come as any big shock. At least they'll run it up all over Houston. That's all these gutless wonders are good for.

With all due respect, my heart bleeds for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#22 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,745 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

With all due respect, my heart bleeds for you.

Right, I'm sure you wouldn't be aggravated over a game like this, if the Dolphins were in this position.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#23 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

I believe early in the 2nd quarter NE had already fumbled 5 times (3 turnovers, 2 self recoveries) and that's just plain flukey. 1st half just spiraled out of control

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#24 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,745 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

I believe early in the 2nd quarter NE had already fumbled 5 times (3 turnovers, 2 self recoveries) and that's just plain flukey. 1st half just spiraled out of control

But this is the kind of sh!t that happens to them...maybe not something exactly like this, but for all of the gaudy records that this team can put up, man do they have a way of coming apart and not getting it done in games like this one...they usually save the real duds for the playoffs though (at least lately).

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#25 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,745 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

At least the Pats aren't the only team suffering from fumbleitis tonight. 

#30 FOREVER!

#26 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

Right, I'm sure you wouldn't be aggravated over a game like this, if the Dolphins were in this position.

If we were in first place, and always made the playoffs and won Super Bowls while I was alive, I'd have a little bit of perspective.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#27 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,745 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

If we were in first place, and always made the playoffs and won Super Bowls while I was alive, I'd have a little bit of perspective.

Oh please...right, after a first half like that, you wouldn't be the slightest bit emotional.  Shouldn't you be bitching about Tannehill?

Anyway, gotta give these guys a lot of credit, they've made it a game.  TGFB.

#30 FOREVER!

#28 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

Well this game escalated quickly.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#29 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

Wow.

#30 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,745 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

HOLY sh!t! 

#30 FOREVER!

#31 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

Did you see this board in the late '00's?  There wasn't exactly perspective here when we were actually winning lol

But yeah no game is ever really over with Brady and that offense, especially after they were down like 34-3 against the Niners last year and tied it.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#32 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

. Shouldn't you be bitching about Tannehill?

Sadly, that's all Dolphins fans can do. Certainly can't talk about how he'll ever lead us to an above .500 record.

Posted Image

#33 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:06 PM

And of course just my luck I'm playing against a team who has Julian Edelman in my 16-team PPR league this week.  What were the odds?

Did Amendola get hurt again or is this just some random Edelman week?

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#34 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,745 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

Sadly, that's all Dolphins fans can do. Certainly can't talk about how he'll ever lead us to an above .500 record.

You don't know that.  This season isn't over yet.  You have winnable games on that sched.

#30 FOREVER!

#35 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

I can't see the Jets winning another game as long as Geno's going to throw 10 INT's for every TD (the ratio the last five weeks).  They don't have the secondary to shut teams down defensively.  It's actually amazing they have five wins as it is.

#36 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

And of course Ridley had to fumble again, when he would have been getting me some nice fantasy points.

I can't see the Jets winning another game as long as Geno's going to throw 10 INT's for every TD (the ratio the last five weeks). They don't have the secondary to shut teams down defensively. It's actually amazing they have five wins as it is.

Per Beezer, the word is that Simms is starting next week.

You don't know that. This season isn't over yet. You have winnable games on that sched.

Nope. 7-9, book it.

Posted Image

#37 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

I didn't actually watch any of the Jets' postgame, but I'd be relieved if that were indeed the case.  

And of course Ridley had to fumble again, when he would have been getting me some nice fantasy points.

lol this game was a complete dumpster fire for me in a must-win fantasy game.  I had Peyton AND Ridley do nothing and he had Edelman.  I was only starting Ridley cause Gio was on a bye and there was no way I was starting Lamar Miller.

#38 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

Peyton doing what Peyton does best in big games.  

#39 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

Peyton doing what Peyton does best in big games.

Not over yet.

Posted Image

#40 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,745 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

BB's D doing what it always does with the game on the line.  Can't kill them though...hard to shut down Peyton for an entire half, and they had a huge part in the comeback.

#30 FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users