#41 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

Wow...a stop with the game on the line.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#42 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

Not over yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just delaying the inevitable.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#43 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

Electing to kick in OT. Wonder if that's ever happened.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#44 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

Well each team got a point at least.  Playing for the other one now.

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#45 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

Incredibly stupid decision on BB's part.

RIght BB, trust your D that has a way of not getting it done in these spots.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#46 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

marty mornhinweg did it in 2002 or so. it was still sudden death ot back them though...and the lions lost

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#47 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

Paid off, but damn that was an insane risk on BB's part.

#30 FOREVER!

#48 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

marty mornhinweg did it in 2002 or so. it was still sudden death ot back them though...and the lions lost

Well you didn't have that whole first possession score only wins if it's a TD rule back then too...getting the wind is a little less unconventional with the new OT.  I even almost forgot about it when the Packers went ahead in their OT, I was like oh right the game isn't over yet.

Paid off, but damn that was an insane risk on BB's part.

If they only needed a FG it would have been an insane risk but they needed a TD to end the game on the first possession.  

Edited by NJDevs4978, 25 November 2013 - 12:00 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#49 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

Tommy you big baby, I didn't see you complaining on the pick play on in the third quarter.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#50 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

Tommy you big baby, I didn't see you complaining on the pick play on in the third quarter.

Did you see the two officials on that side actually huddle-up when he did that?  I swore, I thought they were going to decide to drop a flag.  If that's any other quarterback in the league, do they even extend him the courtesy of discussing the call just because he throws a tantrum?

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#51 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,794 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

Did you see the two officials on that side actually huddle-up when he did that? I swore, I thought they were going to decide to drop a flag. If that's any other quarterback in the league, do they even extend him the courtesy of discussing the call just because he throws a tantrum?

I suppose he's earned it. Doesn't mean I have to like it though.

Posted Image

#52 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

Football is like a hot potato tonight. So many bobbles and fumbles

ha...you know that was a legit PI. But Brady went into such an immediate tirade that I wonder if the refs decided not to throw a late flag because of it. I think if he keeps quiet the flag might be thrown

big drop by welker

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#53 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

Can't ask anymore out of the Pats' D than they've given.  They've done all they really can.

#30 FOREVER!

#54 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

I couldn't resist getting Crosby flashes on that one.  Both transcendent talents but like Crosby, Brady does have his whiny moments where you think great player but good grief.  Of course like the Canadian media doesn't call out Crosby, our media'll never call out Brady.  Though Brady's sometimes worse with his own receivers than the refs even.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 25 November 2013 - 12:16 AM.

#55 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

could we have another tie here?

#56 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

lol Welker stinking up the joint today.  Talk about an anti-clutch player.

#57 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

That's why BB took the wind.

#58 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

WOW.

#30 FOREVER!

#59 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

Games on welker for that

#60 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:22 AM

What a strange OT. It's like both offenses tightened up or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users