#61 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,275 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:23 AM

Games on welker for that

As terrific as he is, he's going to be remembered for some pretty unfortunate things. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#62 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,061 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:24 AM

Like I said, delaying the inevitable :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#63 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,275 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:26 AM

Damn.  Un-fvcking-believable.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#64 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

Peyton didnt throw a lot.. Moreno nada good ass game though.

#65 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

Anyone see one of the cameramen shove another cameraman after the Brady-Manning postgame handshake LOL?

#66 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

NFL teams winning 24-0 at halftime were 485-5 before tonight.  They are now 485-6.

#67 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,546 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:06 AM

Holy hell there were a LOT of moronic, crazy finishes today!!!!

(not to mention lost in all that.... Dumbo did his job, got them down the field....and set up the winning FG.... signs of the Apocalypse indeed :blink: )

I saw the comeback in Carolina....and kinda felt it coming in New England....that San Diego one was NUTS

and now Tennessee in the playoffs if they ended today.....really??? :ninja:

just another Sunday in the NFL eh??

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#68 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,275 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

Different era for sure...damn near no lead feels safe. 

#30 FOREVER!

#69 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,546 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:28 AM

Different era for sure...damn near no lead feels safe. 

Since defense is no longer allowed be played in the NFL, why build your team to play it? That's the big thing......I don't think I've ever seen a team run for 280 like Denver did and still lose though, I gotta look that up....

can they simply ban the 6-seed in the AFC and give the #3 team a bye??

**edit**...it was last year :lol:

Kansas City rushed for 352 yards against the Colts, easily breaking the record for rushing yards gained in a losing effort and also for rushing yards differential in a loss. How do you lose when you rush for so many yards? Brady Quinn threw an interception that was returned for a touchdown and threw another pick in the Colts’ end zone. Another Chiefs drive ended on a fumble inside the Colts’ 20-yard-line. But the turning point of the game may have been when Quinn was stuffed on a fourth-and-1, one of the few times in the game that the Colts’ run defense won the battle at the line of scrimmage.

Edited by CRASHER, 25 November 2013 - 08:30 AM.

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#70 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,275 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

If Pittsburgh or Baltimore wins the #6, either one of those teams would be scary.  I think NE, IND, or CIN could all potentially get picked off (none of those teams are really locked in).

I think if Denver wins their game against KC this week, they'll win out and claim the #1.  It will get very interesting if Denver loses that one (I still think they'll win the divison...even at 10-2, I think KC would stumble at least once, maybe twice)...suddenly NE would have a legit shot at winning the #1 seed, though I can't see them winning out (I think they'll lose @Baltimore).    

If I were to make a guess today, I think Denver will be the #1, and NE the #2.  Cincy's sched is tough enough that the tie-breaker they hold over NE probably won't factor in, and Indy looks like they're limping down the stretch. 

#30 FOREVER!

#71 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,061 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

The Jets ran for 300+ against Buffalo and lost to the Bills in '09 when Sanchez turned it over six times.
lol I didn't even remember that Chiefs-Colts game either.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#72 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,546 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

Let's take a look

KC:

Dec 1 Denver 4:25 pm   Dec 8 @Washington 1:00 pm Dec 15 @Oakland 4:05 pm Dec 22 Indianapolis 1:00 pm Dec 29 @San Diego 4:25 pm  

Denver:

Dec 1 @Kansas City 4:25 pm Dec 8 Tennessee 4:05 pm Dec 12 San Diego 8:25 pm Dec 22 @Houston 1:00 pm Dec 29 @Oakland 4:25 pm

Three common opponents and very winnable games in the other two.....if KC doesn't get their DE's back though they're screwed....their corners can get beat deep left, right and sideways, and that's a problem (especially since all the teams KC has left can chuck it and chuck it deep, except maybe Oakland)....

As for the 6-seed, Baltimore's offense is terrible....the Steelers still can't block and I don't trust that fossil defense of theirs.....but I'd have to give any team that played Cinci a fighting chance right now....

the only team who would scare me is if San Diego got in...they have a VERY good and balanced offense.....

The only reason I remember that game last year is I was glad to NOT have faced Jamaal Charles since fantasy season was over :lol:

#73 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

What an awful loss for Denver.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#74 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,275 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

Can't really see Denver losing any of those games after KC, even with their VERY vulnerable defense.  And both Houston and Oakland could very well be mailing it in those last two weeks. 

#30 FOREVER!

#75 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,275 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

What an awful loss for Denver.

It is in the way they lost, but it probably won't affect them that much.  What it does is make the KC game more important...if Denver had beaten NE, then the KC would've been a little less of a "gotta win". 

I have hard time believing that Denver is going to win less than 13 games, and I have a harder time believing KC will win more than 12 games.  KC was a nice story, but that schedule over the first half of the season benefitted them big-time...I give KC all the credit in the world for winning those games (it's a major accomplishment in today's NFL not to stumble against beatable opponents, especially nine straight times), but KC just isn't THAT good.  The only team capable of catching a 13-win Denver team is NE, and that would require the Pats to win out.  I think NE probably loses at least one game in the next five.  Denver is probably hanging on to the #1 seed. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 25 November 2013 - 12:13 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#76 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,546 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

Can't really see Denver losing any of those games after KC, even with their VERY vulnerable defense.  And both Houston and Oakland could very well be mailing it in those last two weeks. 

KC's opponents look just as beatable though, Washington and Indy are in tailspins.....unless San Diego's still fighting for the 6-spot in the last game (I'd give 50-50 odds on that), they might not be a factor either by then....healthiest team gets it done next week.....

#77 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,275 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

KC's opponents look just as beatable though, Washington and Indy are in tailspins.....unless San Diego's still fighting for the 6-spot in the last game (I'd give 50-50 odds on that), they might not be a factor either by then....healthiest team gets it done next week.....

If KC can actually beat Denver this week, their stock will go up a LOT in my book.  I still think Denver wins out after that game due to a favorable schedule.  But they remind me of the most recent Patriot teams...high-scoring offense, shaky defense...is anyone going to be surprised if Denver gets picked off come playoff time? 

#30 FOREVER!

#78 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,971 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

Hey CR76, gonna take back your halftime comments or your pre-OT comments? Way too harsh as usual haha. The genius' D played a damn good game, and Bill had a great-coached game himself.

Not trying to give you a hard time. You are allowed to vent, but the Broncos barely didn't do anything to deserve to be up 24-0. When that happens, comebacks are usually in order. The Patriots are world class at making the encessary adjustments at half times. 

Edited by devilsrule33, 25 November 2013 - 01:59 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#79 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,275 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

Hey CR76, gonna take back your halftime comments or your pre-OT comments? Way too harsh as usual haha. The genius' D played a damn good game, and Bill had a great-coached game himself.

Not trying to give you a hard time. You are allowed to vent, but the Broncis barely didn't do anything to deserve to be up 24-0. When that happens, comebacks are usually in order. The Patriots are world class at making the encessary adjustments at half times. 

Lol, that was me at my most emotional (and irrational).  I just completely lost it.  I have a really bad temper when it comes to the Pats sometimes, especially since they've really played below expectations in some big games (especially playoffs) in the last several years.  Look, on a certain level Daniel is right, in that a lot of fans would kill to be winning division titles, making the playoffs, etc, but at the same time, the window is closing, and as soon as Brady calls it quits, who knows when that once-in-a-lifetime player plays on your team again? 

#30 FOREVER!

#80 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Kc is alright. They can't fair against a monster offense like san Diego or denver. And that horrible d of denver destroyed kansas. The number one prediction is Seattle vs denver. That seems most apt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users