115 replies to this topic

#41 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

Whats Kieth Kinkaids future with this team? Is he strong enough to be an NHL starter in a few seasons? It looks like he's having a strong season this year in the AHL

#42 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

IMO with Schneider in net, the defense can't take as many chances offensively, therefore offensive opportunities suffer.

Why? Schneider is better at stopping the puck

#43 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

I think that if LL gives him the money he deserves, he'll stay. He looks like he's enjoying it, he'll have a secured number 1 spot, NJ will have a solid D (Larsson,Gelly,Merril,Santini etc.) and offense can be worked on in FA or with new prospects. I believe he stays long-term (4-5-6 years) with us.

I wouldn't be penciling Santini into anything right now. Bit early for that. I agree with you on principle though. I think with the D prospects we got, things would have to go pretty badly for us to not end up with at least 1 more NHL quality defenseman.

#44 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

Whats Kieth Kinkaids future with this team? Is he strong enough to be an NHL starter in a few seasons? It looks like he's having a strong season this year in the AHL

I actually like Kinkaid more than I like Wedgewood.  I think both can be good starting goalies in this league.  Goalies are such a crapshoot anyways.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#45 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

I actually like Kinkaid more than I like Wedgewood.  I think both can be good starting goalies in this league.  Goalies are such a crapshoot anyways.

Shrug. As long as one's an ok backup that's more than we need w/ Schneider here for the foreseeable future (assuming he signs)

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#46 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

There is truth to the fact that Marty is 10 better at puck handling than Schneider, but that should really only account for a bad break out (which I'm not saying there is, I'm just saying a goalie that doesn't play pucks aggressively would cause that to happen) but once they enter the offensive zone, it doesn't matter who is 200 feet behind them in net. Just a fluke thing, reminds me of when Johan got no run support from the Mets in '08. Snakebitten

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#47 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

Shrug. As long as one's an ok backup that's more than we need w/ Schneider here for the foreseeable future (assuming he signs)

Get it done Lou!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#48 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

@Ledger_NJDevils Cory Schneider says he's frustrated not to be playing. "It's like Ground Hog Day for me."

@Ledger_NJDevils schneider was in this situation in Vancouver. "I can't seem to escape it"

Per TG - Schneider said he's "very surprised" and "frustrated" he's not playing, but made point of saying Brodeur is playing well.

Well there you go. 

Godamnit i feel bad for the guy. He played poorly enough to lose a game maybe once, yet it's simply not working for him

Edited by SterioDesign, 27 November 2013 - 11:21 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#49 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

Great.  Piss off the goalie of the future (if he still wants that position)

Why on God's green earth is he not playing tonight.  Why the fvck is Marty playing.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#50 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

The fvcking mind games. Get rid of Pete. Pissing off the goalie of the future. FOR WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!? HE'S PLAYING fvckING GREAT.

#51 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

Marty is playing again tonight?!?! What the fvck! Now I'm getting pissed. Schneids needs to be in net

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#52 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

This is the last thing I wanted to hear at this stage of the season. That's it, play Cory for 75% of December's games, this is not good at all... Not like he hasn't deserved it, he's played amazing as well.

#53 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

At a loss on this one.  Marty has played well, exceeded expectations, but Schneider has been terrific and deserves to play too.  This is bullsh!t. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#54 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,123 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

This sucks for Cory and I do wonder if the frustration of this season...and maybe next year (?) will make him look to go somewhere that gives him huge cash and a 100% guaranteed starters role. He deserves to be a starter in this league for 25 teams easily, and probably this one too. Well, he is good enough anyway. 

For a full year, he thought the Canucks were going to trade Luongo, so he could be the full-time starter. Then he goes, and he seemed so happy still about the trade. I always wondered why. I guess he really thought he would be the starter in NJ, because there is no way he would have been that happy to continue to be the backup.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#55 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

At this point I hope Marty takes a dump tonight.

#56 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

God I'm sick of clueless coaching.

I've got a good deal of it with Flood at Rutgers, and PDB with the Devils.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#57 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

This is unacceptable, and reading Schneider's quotes enrages me.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#58 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

Interesting move...

I think this all good lead up to Cory's exit

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#59 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,123 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

This is unacceptable, and reading Schneider's quotes enrages me.

The quote is irrelevant. I didn't need Schneider to tell me he is frustrated to know that he is frustrated. Of course he is going to be when he has fantastic numbers and saved this team's ass in LA...and he can't get another start. It isn't like he called over the media to air his grievances. They asked about it, and he was honest.

It's just the fact that he has been put in a situation to be frustrated...that is fvcking frustrating. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#60 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

At this point I hope Marty takes a dump tonight.

I can't ever root against Marty.

And I can't worry about Cory not getting a start in November 2013 possibly leading to his departure in 2015.  Marty is simply not going to play forever, especially at this level...he could be the backup in a month or two, and all of this will be forgotten.

But that doesn't mean I agree with this decision one bit.  I don't.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 27 November 2013 - 11:51 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users