115 replies to this topic

#61 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

Pete truly believes Marty gives us the best chance to win... I don't necessarily disagree, but if he gives up a soft goal like the one to Kane there has to be consequences. I would play Schneider for that reason.

Anyone saying we have to play Schneider to keep him happy has either not been following the devils and Lou lamoriello for the past 20 years or is very naive.

#62 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

Yeah, this makes no damn sense. I've supported playing Marty while he's winning, but he lost 2 in a row. This is the perfect game to give Schneider. I like a lot about Deboer, but I'm starting to see his why he frustrated so many people in Florida. He refuses to change his mind.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#63 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,035 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

The quote is irrelevant. I didn't need Schneider to tell me he is frustrated to know that he is frustrated. Of course he is going to be when he has fantastic numbers and saved this team's ass in LA...and he can't get another start. It isn't like he called over the media to air his grievances. They asked about it, and he was honest.

It's just the fact that he has been put in a situation to be frustrated...that is fvcking frustrating.

Yep. Thanks Pete.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#64 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

Pete truly believes Marty gives us the best chance to win... I don't necessarily disagree, but if he gives up a soft goal like the one to Kane there has to be consequences. I would play Schneider for that reason.

Anyone saying we have to play Schneider to keep him happy has either not been following the devils and Lou lamoriello for the past 20 years or is very naive.

I pretty much agree with all of this. I think there needs to be a very slow transition from Marty to Cory, but tonights decision just doesn't make much sense.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#65 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

I pretty much agree with all of this. I think there needs to be a very slow transition from Marty to Cory, but tonights decision just doesn't make much sense.

You're getting your wish.  Schneider may one day start, perhaps when he is 41 years old.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#66 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

You're getting your wish.  Schneider may one day start, perhaps when he is 41 years old.

I've pushed all along that Cory needs to be earn the spot to avoid locker room problems, but at this point, I'm not sure what else the guy can do. He's been top notch in just about every start. With Marty coming off 2 losses, tonight was the perfect night to let Schneider try to pick up some momentum.

Deboer has to stop acting like the end of this whole thing is in doubt. It's obvious that Schneider can start in this league, and Marty is on his farewell tour. I don't get Deboer's logic here.

#67 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

Maybe it has something to do with giving Marty the start at home, and Cory on the road. Could be that the two were going to split the home and home anyway. 

The goaltending just hasn't been an area where PDB is stubbornly sticking to his guns, like with Gionta. It was only when Marty completely redeemed himself that it even went back to something close to an even split.  You could have named either of them the starters for Winnipeg based on how they played on the west coast trip. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#68 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

I've pushed all along that Cory needs to be earn the spot to avoid locker room problems, but at this point, I'm not sure what else the guy can do. He's been top notch in just about every start. With Marty coming off 2 losses, tonight was the perfect night to let Schneider try to pick up some momentum.

Deboer has to stop acting like the end of this whole thing is in doubt. It's obvious that Schneider can start in this league, and Marty is on his farewell tour. I don't get Deboer's logic here.

The problem is that Marty is playing well, which is probably something they didn't bank on.   Pete is an odd dude and can come up for some weird justifications for things, if given the opportunity.   And he likes his vets, I mean Gionta plays when there's no statistical basis for him to be playing over anyone.   God forbid he did have a statistical basis, that's kind of what you have here,

It's just weird not getting another game after stealing the Kings game.    But again, that comes back to Marty, you'd think him being thrown to the wolves against the Sharks would get him out of the net for a week or so.   Yet, he doesn't get destroyed like he should

#69 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,401 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

Yeah, this makes no damn sense. I've supported playing Marty while he's winning, but he lost 2 in a row. This is the perfect game to give Schneider. I like a lot about Deboer, but I'm starting to see his why he frustrated so many people in Florida. He refuses to change his mind.

Yeah, i'm not part of the fire deboer crew but he's definitely frustrating a LOT of players the same way. Sitting them just so they can watch veterans playing instead of them leaving them thinking "Why the fvck is he playing and me sitting?"

The worst is that most of those players are ones that we should at least "try" to keep happy. Not that you want to turn them into a bunch of princesses and that you have to be scared to hurt someones feeling, but the frustrating part is that in 75% of those cases, it obviously not the right called based on the play of the players involvded

Schneider, Larsson, Fayne, Josefson has to be the most frustrated guys in the group. 

www.SterioDesign.com

#70 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,035 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

At some point you'd think one of the guys who's always being benched so Pete's Pets can stay in the lineup would just tell DeBoer how it is. Play me every night or get me the fvck outta here. There have to be some very frustrated guys that have a right to say something.

#71 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

Yeah, i'm not part of the fire deboer crew but he's definitely frustrating a LOT of players the same way. Sitting them just so they can watch veterans playing instead of them leaving them thinking "Why the fvck is he playing and me sitting?"

The worst is that most of those players are ones that we should at least "try" to keep happy. Not that you want to turn them into a bunch of princesses and that you have to be scared to hurt someones feeling, but the frustrating part is that in 75% of those cases, it obviously not the right called based on the play of the players involvded

Schneider, Larsson, Fayne, Josefson has to be the most frustrated guys in the group. 

........so your avatar there.......

#72 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

At some point you'd think one of the guys who's always being benched so Pete's Pets can stay in the lineup would just tell DeBoer how it is. Play me every night or get me the fvck outta here. There have to be some very frustrated guys that have a right to say something.

I know brunner hasnt been good or done a single thing..but to have him out for cam who plays 5 minutes a game is idiotic.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#73 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Another case of DeBoer forcing the issue with what has worked in the past and not adapting.  

#74 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,035 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

I know brunner hasnt been good or done a single thing..but to have him out for cam who plays 5 minutes a game is idiotic.

Yeah I agree. Brunner has been useless, but sitting him for Cam is beyond ridiculous.

#75 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

Cam has a place against thug teams like the Flyers.  However, on a Wednesday night against Carolina, do we really need that "presence" in the lineup?

Posted Image

#76 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,401 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

........so your avatar there.......

lol yeah? Go on? 

I must be missing something cause i dont see how an obvious humoristic display of the feeling of WTF (and quite popular feeling around the whole board) about a bunch of his decisions = Me wanting him fired and gone.

Not as if i posted a picture of his head on a stick or Pete as a bum on the street playing spoons with a cup to collect money.

But like i said go on, go on. i simply can't wait to hear it, id hate to have to believe that you're exaggerating 

Edited by SterioDesign, 27 November 2013 - 02:24 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#77 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

Cant you guys wait till after we lose tonight to start arguing ?

#78 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:45 PM

Cam has a place against thug teams like the Flyers.  However, on a Wednesday night against Carolina, do we really need that "presence" in the lineup?

Especially since Westgarth is suspended tonight. Wonder if Pete even knows that? 

#79 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

and then sitting lokti as a healthy scratch only to play him the next game due to gio injury, oh the irony.

i never wanted debo fired; his personnel choices are WTF.

i thought we were splitting games for cory and marty but that obviously is not whats going on and it means marty gets buffaLOL

so your playing marty not because hes the better goalie but because hes playing well for his game at his age, yeah cant get on board with that at all.

Posted Image

#80 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,109 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

Maybe Pete sees that the team plays better in front Marty than they do Schneider. But this makes zero sense to start Marty tonight.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users