174 replies to this topic

#1 RangersSuck23

RangersSuck23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

So ticketmaster isn't recognizing my voucher code. And apparently, the twitterverse is having the same problem. Sigh, doesn't surprise me at this point

#2 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

How do you know it isn't a just a problem with Ticketmaster?

815631765.gif

#3 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

How do you know it isn't a just a problem with Ticketmaster?

Because it's easier for some "fans" to blame everything on Harris and Blitzer :rolleyes:  

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#4 RangersSuck23

RangersSuck23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

Because it's easier for some "fans" to blame everything on Harris and Blitzer :rolleyes:  

Why are you questioning whether or not this makes me a "fan"? As far as I'm concerned most "fans" aren't going to the games, which is a reflection of how most people feel about your buds up there

#5 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

Why are you questioning whether or not this makes me a "fan"? As far as I'm concerned most "fans" aren't going to the games, which is a reflection of how most people feel about your buds up there

Because to some "fans" it's now fashionable to blame the owners, hate on them and quit on the team. Even for the littlest inconvenience. Instead of taking a second first and asking questions (or just be patient), it's just easier to blame it on Harris and Blitzer even though they have nothing to do with it. My "buds" saved MY team from imploding in on itself and God knows what else....

Edited by TheRedStorm, 24 November 2013 - 01:19 PM.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#6 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

Its not the new owners fault...it's Obama's fault

#7 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

Because to some "fans" it's now fashionable to blame the owners even for the littlest inconvenience. Instead of taking a second first and asking questions (or be patient), it's just easier to blame it on Harris and Blitzer even though they have nothing to do with it.

Have to really agree here.. Every issue, big or little, is being blamed on new ownership.. Really doesn't make any sense as they are not actually involved in any day to day activities.. Now making a thread about the issue is fine, but making a thread directed at complaining about ownership for this issue solves nothing

And sure it's an inconvenience but I'm also sure it'll be worked out one way or another.. I'll be shocked if they do nothing about it.. So just relax and use this thread as a place to share news once they announce how it's being rectified, not a place to just berate ownership
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Thanks, Obama

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#9 RangersSuck23

RangersSuck23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

Because to some "fans" it's now fashionable to blame the owners, hate on them and quit on the team. Even for the littlest inconvenience. Instead of taking a second first and asking questions (or just be patient), it's just easier to blame it on Harris and Blitzer even though they have nothing to do with it. My "buds" saved MY team from imploding in on itself and God knows what else....

Who said i'm quitting on the team? You make me sound like a Rangers fan when they lose 2 games in a row. I just think that these owners aren't putting in the effort like Vanderbeek did. Even when Vanderbeek didn't have money, you could still tell that he cared deeply for the fans

#10 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,942 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

Well whoever conceived of this voucher really screwed the pooch.  If you figure the team has 10-11000 sth/plan holder tickets sold for this game, that only leaves about 5000 tickets available when you take out the club section (obviously not available through this).  They absolutely gave out more than 5000 vouchers the other night and everyone could get a max of four.   You do the math as to how many people are actually going to get what they want.

At least the other offer split it over two games. 

Have to really agree here.. Every issue, big or little, is being blamed on new ownership.. Really doesn't make any sense as they are not actually involved in any day to day activities.. Now making a thread about the issue is fine, but making a thread directed at complaining about ownership for this issue solves nothing

And sure it's an inconvenience but I'm also sure it'll be worked out one way or another.. I'll be shocked if they do nothing about it.. So just relax and use this thread as a place to share news once they announce how it's being rectified, not a place to just berate ownership

Rectify what?  It was clearly a first-come first-serve voucher.  They didn't actually promise tickets.  Most people didn't 'pay' much for them and the money went to a good cause.  It's just an unneccesary inconvenience for the people that didn't get bupkus (which was clearly the majority at this rate) and more bad will the sales department/owners didn't need.  Maybe if enough people make a stink about it they'll have the codes be good for another game, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for that.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 24 November 2013 - 02:13 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#11 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

Marty's fault.

gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#12 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

I think it's ridiculous to blame the owners for this.

BTW, where are you putting in your voucher code RangersSuck23?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#13 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

Well whoever conceived of this voucher really screwed the pooch.  If you figure the team has 10-11000 sth/plan holder tickets sold for this game, that only leaves about 5000 tickets available when you take out the club section (obviously not available through this).  They absolutely gave out more than 5000 vouchers the other night and everyone could get a max of four.   You do the math as to how many people are actually going to get what they want.

Rectify what?  It was clearly a first-come first-serve voucher.  They didn't actually promise tickets.  Most people didn't 'pay' much for them and the money went to a good cause.  It's just an unneccesary inconvenience for the people that didn't get bupkus (which was clearly the majority at this rate) and more bad will the sales department/owners didn't need.  Maybe if enough people make a stink about it they'll have the codes be good for another game, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for that.

I'm definitely calling to complain to someone.

This board, while it doesn't represent every fan, it's a good way to get an idea of how fans feel or the experience they're having, a poll of sorts. If no one here is saying they got 4, I really doubt there's a lot of people that did. Right now I only got 2 tickets out of each voucher for a total of 4 tickets, in different sections of course. There were multiple times I had seats in the lower bowl pop up for me, only to get that unable to process screen when I tried to buy them. Happened like 3 times. Now I have 2 in the goal bar and 2 in 230.

While I did get to see a game, I bought tickets to the LA game under the impression I'd at least have a shot at getting 4 tickets out of my voucher, so long as I was ready when they opened up the process. That's money I wouldn't have spent otherwise and that I could use right now, but with the thought I'd get the extra tickets, I told myself it was worth it.

Getting to see a whole extra game is nice and I would have been happy with that if they just gave vouchers for 2 seats instead. They must have known almost no one would get 4 at all, much less together and still marketed the LA game as if that were the case. The marketing was intentionally misleading imo and that is what has left me to feel like they pulled the wool over my eyes a bit here.

Edited by ATLL765, 24 November 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#14 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

Well whoever conceived of this voucher really screwed the pooch. If you figure the team has 10-11000 sth/plan holder tickets sold for this game, that only leaves about 5000 tickets available when you take out the club section (obviously not available through this). They absolutely gave out more than 5000 vouchers the other night and everyone could get a max of four. You do the math as to how many people are actually going to get what they want.

In their defense, the vouchers do say "Tickets subject to availability".. I mean you're definitely going to have unused vouchers so it makes sense to give out more vouchers than you have tix for.. It's basically first come first serve for redemption, and the point was to donate cans to charity, so I mean if the tickets run out then you just weren't quick enough but it's not like you've lost something you were given
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

In their defense, the vouchers do say "Tickets subject to availability".. I mean you're definitely going to have unused vouchers so it makes sense to give out more vouchers than you have tix for.. It's basically first come first serve for redemption, and the point was to donate cans to charity, so I mean if the tickets run out then you just weren't quick enough but it's not like you've lost something you were given

This.  A thousand times this.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#16 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,942 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

I put that much in my post later...but really this is just something else that was predictably going to blow up on them and did.  When you make people wait a couple weeks to rectify the vouchers you better not have any bugs in the system at least.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#17 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

Jeez,
Are you still pissed off about Santa Claus too?
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#18 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

What vouchers are you guys talking about?

#19 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

What vouchers are you guys talking about?

They gave anyone who showed up with 5 or more canned goods for the LA game on the 15th 1 voucher good for up to 4 tickets.

#20 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

Jeez,
Are you still pissed off about Santa Claus too?

well iam...
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users