174 replies to this topic

#21 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

My thing was why the fvck did they think doing it all for one game was alright? Especially since you gave everyone up to 4 tickets. I didn't think it was going to go down like that before I got the voucher because I thought that would be insane.

#22 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

If you like your ticket voucher, you can keep your ticket voucher.

Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#23 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

Beat me to it!

believe-zubrus.jpg

#24 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

Who said i'm quitting on the team? You make me sound like a Rangers fan when they lose 2 games in a row.

Well, you know, you did sort of say this and all  :thumbsup: i'm just messing with you here, but i'm tired of the fans' attitudes with respect to the owners. A goal song was changed and squashed were the amateur ticket brokers. You'd think they ordered the team's payroll slashed, changed the uniforms and fired lou. I mean, perspective here, you know? If not for these people this franchise would be in serious, serious trouble.

I haven't posted in a while. Here is my take on the situation: 

The Devils have always been the team that isn't supposed to go far. They are always projected to be in the bottom of the standings cause they have washed up players, or they're getting old, or Marty isn't the same or blah blah blah. Look at it this way, we took that to heart.  Looking at this team we are starting realizing we have old, slow, awful defenseman (sal, volch) and a penalty machine in Zid combined with the always "ok" harrold and the constant mystery of Adam Larsson, not to mention the old, average, non-playmaking forwards we have combined with the young, under-performing small forwards we have that never seem to show up. Now, back to the fact that we are always projected to be sh!t. We are. It always happens and we always overperform.  But the writing has been on the wall the past 3 years. Yes, we made it to the finals 2 years ago, i know, but it was a great run and it is starting to feel like its holding this team's future back. We are clinging on to our past too long. We cling on to the fact that "we will be ok because we are the Devils and no matter what anyone projects us or says about us, we will make the playoffs." But we haven't. We didn't last season and maybe it was the short season, but we weren't concerned very much. Now this season starts and we are all pumped up even though we just lost two key guys in clarkie and kovy and replaced them with a bunch of guys who have good track records, but it obviously isn't meshing right now and it isn't pretty. OUR DEFENSE IS HORRID. We need to use this season as a learning curve. Realize we aren't invincible. Try out our young guys and bring in some excitement. Have a fire sale with these old guys like volch and sal. Bring in new coaches, especially get stevens out. He obviously isn't working out.  We can do so much to have some good things happen this season. Play Josefson, Olesz, Fayne and Gelinas. The kids are faster, younger, and hungrier. They get mad and play with heart. I know josefson does. I love him for that. We don't have that right now. Deboer has jokes at practice and his job is too safe. It's unbearable to watch these sh!t games and wonder what the fuvk is going on. I might be overreacting here, but i'm just fed up . I'm fine if we tank this season because I believe in the philosophy that you have to hit rock bottom to make it all the way to the top. The reason why the Devils have been good for so long is that we had legends for a bunch of years. Our teams were stacked cause we've been excellent at drafting and just retool the 3rd and 4th lines each year to get back to being good. But this year we have 2 2nd lines and 2 4th lines. We cannot win like this. It's a patchwork team that has no future, not to mention we won't be able to get a good pick this year cause of Kovalchuk. Im done for a while . I watched the first period of tonights game and just switched to the cowboys game. The game was still tied at the end of the 1st, but i saw nothing in their play that told me they were gonna win this game. Alas, I watch the highlights after and i was right. Our powerplay is sad. Schneider bails us out on every fuvkin breakaway and we are just slow as f. I see nothing that gives me excitement about this team this season. They don't give me the feeling that other Devils teams have given me. This sucks and I can't take it anymore

When they start trying to play hockey again and play with some passion, mine will come back.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 24 November 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#25 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

My thing was why the fvck did they think doing it all for one game was alright? Especially since you gave everyone up to 4 tickets. I didn't think it was going to go down like that before I got the voucher because I thought that would be insane.

agreed they couldnt hold up to giving everyone 4, i was only able to get 2
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#26 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

In their defense, the vouchers do say "Tickets subject to availability".. I mean you're definitely going to have unused vouchers so it makes sense to give out more vouchers than you have tix for.. It's basically first come first serve for redemption, and the point was to donate cans to charity, so I mean if the tickets run out then you just weren't quick enough but it's not like you've lost something you were given

I tried to redeem at noon on the dot and it wouldn't accept the code on ticketmasters site. Tried numerous times and nothing worked. Contacted TM and was told it was a problem with the Devils and they couldn't help. Called the Devils and couldn't get anyone (probably since it was a Sunday). I don't have all day to sit around and try to redeem this voucher, and when I went on the site tonight they were sold out.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that this didn't work when they said it would. Absolutely no excuse for that. While it's not the owners fault, it is the fault of the management team they have hired.
Posted Image

#27 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

that's priceless. well done.

agreed they couldnt hold up to giving everyone 4, i was only able to get 2

i got 0 so you're lucky.

#28 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

Our STH rep told us today they are getting ticket master to fix the problem. We got 16 vouchers and were planning on a lot of our family going to this game before thanksgiving the next day. This doesn't have anything to do with the owners, this is on TM. Hopefully it's fixed tomorrow.

#29 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

Ticketmaster can go to hell and it can die there

#30 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

Ticketmaster, the site that made us wait 10+ minutes (when it said "About 1 minute wait time.") for available Yankee Stadium tickets 3 minutes into the presale, is obvious to blame for a technical error. Don't be silly.. Harris and company aren't I.T. guys..

Edited by DJ Eco, 25 November 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#31 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

I find it funny that the marketing guys ramble about protecting STH and then do something like this in the first place.   They just made this game a BOGO.   Actually more like BOMG4.

Edited by maxpower, 25 November 2013 - 12:51 AM.

#32 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,013 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:04 AM

You donated canned food to hungry people for NOTHING! How will you EVER forgive this organization!? Screw those people who are starving tonight man, you didn't get free hockey tickets!!!!!

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#33 RangersSuck23

RangersSuck23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

Well, you know, you did sort of say this and all  :thumbsup: i'm just messing with you here, but i'm tired of the fans' attitudes with respect to the owners. A goal song was changed and squashed were the amateur ticket brokers. You'd think they ordered the team's payroll slashed, changed the uniforms and fired lou. I mean, perspective here, you know? If not for these people this franchise would be in serious, serious trouble.

To be fair, everyone was raging at that point of the season. We didn't look like an NHL team and Deboer wouldn't change the lineup. And well, what do we have here, the lineup is forced to change by injury and wa-la! We learn how to score! I may have overreacted just a weeee bit at that point. 

In conclusion, I'm a college kid who paid good money to go to the kings game with the inclination that i would actually be able to watch two games for the price of one. Im just a broke college kid looking for a deal

#34 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:42 AM

You donated canned food to hungry people for NOTHING! How will you EVER forgive this organization!? Screw those people who are starving tonight man, you didn't get free hockey tickets!!!!!

well said. this is the society we live in.  :unsure:

#35 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:14 AM

Well when you were promised free tickets for doing so and are expecting to go to that game, and then you're not able to get the tickets because the voucher they gave you isn't working, obviously you're going to be annoyed.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#36 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

Well when you were promised free tickets for doing so and are expecting to go to that game, and then you're not able to get the tickets because the voucher they gave you isn't working, obviously you're going to be annoyed.

It's a technical error, one that I'm sure will be fixed shortly. It's the equivalent of it being an email-voucher and your email provider is down so you didn't get the tickets. Short of our owner walking over to Ticketmaster headquarters and threatening to pull all ticket sales from their site unless the matter gets figured out immediately, I don't know what our ownership has to do with this.

#37 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

It's a technical error, one that I'm sure will be fixed shortly. It's the equivalent of it being an email-voucher and your email provider is down so you didn't get the tickets. Short of our owner walking over to Ticketmaster headquarters and threatening to pull all ticket sales from their site unless the matter gets figured out immediately, I don't know what our ownership has to do with this.

It's both the Devils and TM's fault.  They should have tested the system to ensure it was working prior to the noon launch.  It is incumbent upon both parties to make it work as the Devils had stated in the voucher.  Ultimately, even if TM f'd up, so did the Devils for not being proactive enough to make sure their vendor had everything working in time.  Just looks bad for the team who is obviously going to take the brunt of this.  I really feel bad for those ticket reps who have probably been inundated with angry calls this morning.

Posted Image

#38 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

It's both the Devils and TM's fault.  They should have tested the system to ensure it was working prior to the noon launch.  It is incumbent upon both parties to make it work as the Devils had stated in the voucher.  Ultimately, even if TM f'd up, so did the Devils for not being proactive enough to make sure their vendor had everything working in time.  Just looks bad for the team who is obviously going to take the brunt of this.  I really feel bad for those ticket reps who have probably been inundated with angry calls this morning.

I know. I'm going to call to complain today just because if you don't say something how can you complain when it happens again, but yeah, the reps got the short end of the stick here.

#39 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

The Devils didn't promise anything. You donated food and were promised a voucher for the opportunity to redeem it for up to 4 tickets, tickets subject to availability. They didn't promise you tickets, they promised you the opportunity which they fulfilled.

#40 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

The Devils didn't promise anything. You donated food and were promised a voucher for the opportunity to redeem it for up to 4 tickets, tickets subject to availability. They didn't promise you tickets, they promised you the opportunity which they fulfilled.

What part of they didn't even grant a reasonable opportunity to claim what they said we had the chance to don't you get? You gonna make the same post 10 times to make the point that you like prodding people?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users