174 replies to this topic

#41 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

What part of they didn't even grant a reasonable opportunity to claim what they said we had the chance to don't you get? You gonna make the same post 10 times to make the point that you like prodding people?

That problem is with TM, you fool, not the Devils. What part of that don't you understand? So go ahead and call the Devils anyway and explain to them how you're somehow holding them responsible for it. You want to call the Devils, fine, but holding them responsible for it is just dumb.

You act like no one could redeem these things at all. Plenty of people did! Look, you're just butt sore that your little plan you went into detail on didn't come to fruition. Most of us just redeemed these things and were happy with two, thankful to give them to people or use them ourselves.

It sucks that TM fvcked up.....that's life!  So everyone lets just pull up your big boy pants and stop crying over things you got for free while donating to a worthy cause. It's already a joke that any "fans" of the Devils only attended the game against a Cup contender for the free tickets, but i digress

Edited by TheRedStorm, 25 November 2013 - 11:58 AM.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#42 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

That problem is with TM, you fool, not the Devils. What part of that don't you understand? So go ahead and call the Devils anyway and explain to them how you're somehow holding them responsible for it. You want to call the Devils, fine, but holding them responsible for it is just dumb.

I'm getting tired of your "reasonable opportunity" shtick. People got tickets, and alot of vouchers were redeemed. Boo hoo that you couldnt get 4, you weren't guaranteed that under any circumstance, it was all first come first served. You being on TM at Noon gave you an opportunity, not a guarantee. So everyone lets just pull up your big boy pants and stop crying over things you got for free while donating to a worthy cause. It's already a joke that any "fans" of the Devils only attended the game against a Cup contender for the free tickets, but i digress

Do you have a personal issue with every member of the board? Christ, get lost already

#43 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

I'm getting tired of your "reasonable opportunity" shtick. People got tickets, and alot of vouchers were redeemed. Boo hoo that you couldnt get 4, you weren't guaranteed that under any circumstance, it was all first come first served. You being on TM at Noon gave you an opportunity, not a guarantee. So everyone lets just pull up your big boy pants and stop crying over things you got for free while donating to a worthy cause. It's already a joke that any "fans" of the Devils only attended the game against a Cup contender for the free tickets, but i digress

I didn't kill the guy, I just paid for someone else to do it, why you blaming me. Great logic.

No one is bitching about not getting 4, the complaint is no one had a reasonable chance to claim 4 as all were led to believe they would have. If that's not misleading, I don't know what is.

And how about screw you, who the fvck are you to tell me if I'm a fan or not. I went to the game because I thought I could get double value on my money. Does that mean I'm less a fan because had I spent the money on another game I would have only been able to afford to see that one?

Edited by ATLL765, 25 November 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#44 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

They also advertised the crap out of this and led people to believe beforehand they would get tickets.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#45 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

They also advertised the crap out of this and led people to believe beforehand they would get tickets.

Maybe Red Storm could tell they were being "sarcastic" in their definition of tickets......

#46 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

Maybe Red Storm could tell they were being "sarcastic" in their definition of tickets......

I mean the voucher did say up to 4 tickets and I was wondering since I got it how everyone would get 4 tickets given that 11,000 are STH and people are buying off of TM and stubhub anyways.  I thought that was kind of pie in the sky thinking.  However, the phrase "up to 4" so technically the Devils didn't do anything wrong, but the may be guilty of getting people's hopes up high.

My big issue is not with the Devils but TM.  Again, its TM being caught off-guard and you would think they would be prepared for these kind of on-slaughts but like the Springsteen ticket debacle (more than once too), it seems like they never learn their lesson.  I was mostly pissed that I couldnt get great seats I landed on because I didn't know I had to do will-call and they never said that was the issue in the error message I received.  If they would have told me this on their website I would have lower level seats but instead I got uppers.  Whatever its a free game but damn does TM need a good kick in the ass on how to run a damn website.  You would think they would have grasped the fact that popular shows and giveaways like this would generate high volume and accomodate.

#47 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:03 PM

Do you have a personal issue with every member of the board? Christ, get lost already

Thank you for your contributions and your hyperbole.

Look, you're just butt sore that your little plan you went into detail with  didn't come to fruition. Most of us just redeemed these things and were happy with two, thankful to give them to people or use them ourselves. 

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#48 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,542 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

Nah, Sometimes Jeers Play out this way.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#49 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

I mean the voucher did say up to 4 tickets and I was wondering since I got it how everyone would get 4 tickets given that 11,000 are STH and people are buying off of TM and stubhub anyways.  I thought that was kind of pie in the sky thinking.  However, the phrase "up to 4" so technically the Devils didn't do anything wrong, but the may be guilty of getting people's hopes up high.

My big issue is not with the Devils but TM.  Again, its TM being caught off-guard and you would think they would be prepared for these kind of on-slaughts but like the Springsteen ticket debacle (more than once too), it seems like they never learn their lesson.  I was mostly pissed that I couldnt get great seats I landed on because I didn't know I had to do will-call and they never said that was the issue in the error message I received.  If they would have told me this on their website I would have lower level seats but instead I got uppers.  Whatever its a free game but damn does TM need a good kick in the ass on how to run a damn website.  You would think they would have grasped the fact that popular shows and giveaways like this would generate high volume and accomodate.

I understood that after reading the fine print and that's why I was ready to claim the tickets by noon. My issue is that the "up to 4" is a bit disingenuous when it appears as if no one could get 4 tickets. If no one got 4, was it really up to 4 or was it really 2 tickets, but we'll say up to 4 to make more people show up to the LA game....I have a feeling it's the latter.

That's my issue. I felt like I was duped into paying to see a game I didn't need to see with money I could use now. I'm more than happy with just 2 tickets to another game, but that's not the impression most were left with when they got the vouchers. I thought I'd at least be able to get 4 tickets out of one of the vouchers. I'll give away the extra 2 to a friend with a gf or something, but it's kinda weird explaining that we won't be sitting anywhere near each other because it was near impossible to use the TM website and claim seats.

#50 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

the only real gripe with the owners so far is that they seem to want to "re-invent" the relationship with the fanbase, catering to families (yes, the goal song thing!), and replacing old traditions instead of keeping them in place and adding to them.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#51 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

I understood that after reading the fine print and that's why I was ready to claim the tickets by noon. My issue is that the "up to 4" is a bit disingenuous when it appears as if no one could get 4 tickets. If no one got 4, was it really up to 4 or was it really 2 tickets, but we'll say up to 4 to make more people show up to the LA game....I have a feeling it's the latter.

That's my issue. I felt like I was duped into paying to see a game I didn't need to see with money I could use now. I'm more than happy with just 2 tickets to another game, but that's not the impression most were left with when they got the vouchers. I thought I'd at least be able to get 4 tickets out of one of the vouchers. I'll give away the extra 2 to a friend with a gf or something, but it's kinda weird explaining that we won't be sitting anywhere near each other because it was near impossible to use the TM website and claim seats.

I think a few people snagged 4 seats, but not many and doubt even less were together.  The voucher was very general and was probably done purposely to avoid any problems like this from being blamed directly on them.

The one thing that the Devils could have done better to help alleviate or avoid the problems with the TM website was to offer more than 1 game.  I did indeed call TM about an hour in and the rep said they were having major issues for that event because of the food voucher.  Hell I didn't have to mention the voucher, just the game and the rep's immediate response was "you are calling about the Food Bank voucher right?"

the only real gripe with the owners so far is that they seem to want to "re-invent" the relationship with the fanbase, catering to families (yes, the goal song thing!), and replacing old traditions instead of keeping them in place and adding to them.

"you suck" chant is not an old tradition.  It started around 2007.

Other than that what other old traditions did they get rid of?

#52 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

Aside from the TM glitches, it does seem like the Devils misled people into believing they would be able to get four tickets with their voucher.

Looking at most of the online comments about this issue on this site, FB, HFBoards, etc., it does seem like hardly anyone successfully claimed four tickets. How many people on this website got four tickets?

While nowhere on the voucher itself does it say anything about it being a "chance" to get four tickets, it does say that it is "REDEEMABLE for 'up to' four tickets to see the New Jersey Devils take on the Carolina Hurricanes on November 27 at 7 p.m."

And on the bottom it says, "Tickets subject to availability."

That's all written on the voucher itself. But the only way anyone would've gotten to read that voucher was if they had already purchased tickets to the Kings game and entered the building with their five cans of food.

The Devils actively promoted the bring five cans/get four tickets offer through news releases, emails and Deb reading about it on air. They did that not only to generate donations to the Community FoodBank of New Jersey but also to generate more tickets sales to the Kings game.

From those promotions, there was no indication that anyone -- never mind almost everyone -- wouldn't be able to get four tickets to whatever game the Devils picked. Nowhere in the news release or emails did it say anything about a "chance" to get four tickets. Nowhere in the news release or emails did it say "Tickets subject to availability."

Because of that, I think many fans have reason to feel slightly misled into buying tickets to that Kings game.

Subject: Devils Return Home Sunday & Special Offers Inside

To:

Date: Fri, Nov 8, 2013 5:37 pm

DEVILS RETURN HOME SUNDAY

Your Devils end this week’s road trip with stop a stop in Toronto tonight. Make sure to tune in at 7:30 PM to MSG+ to watch! See the action live, this Sunday when Jersey’s Team takes on Nashville, with the family by purchasing a Family Pack, or be at The Rock for another great game in November!

There are lots of can’t- miss promotions this month at Devils games, such as:

-- November 15: annual Jersey Hockey Fights Hunger canned food drive in association with the Community Food Bank of New Jersey. Every person in attendance that donates five(5) canned goods will receive a voucher for four(4) tickets to an upcoming Devils game along with a raffle ticket to be entered to win signed Devils memorabilia!

-- November 25: Team Calendar giveaway night! Purchase a Family Pack and each fan in attendance will receive a 2014 New Jersey Devils Team Calendar.

-- November 27: Poster Series #1 (Bryce Salvador) giveaway night. The first in five poster giveaway nights this season, make sure to get your poster!

-- November 30: annual Jersey Cares coat drive. Please bring new or cleaned gently used coats to the game. Each person in attendance that donates a coat will receive a voucher for four(4) tickets to an upcoming Devils game!

There are more great promotions during the 2013-14 so make sure to check out all of them here.

Jersey Hockey Fights Hunger food drive set for Friday, Nov. 15

Monday, 11.11.2013 / 11:15 AM / News

New Jersey Devils

The Devils will host their annual Jersey Hockey Fights Hunger food drive this Fri., Nov. 15 when the Los Angeles Kings visit Prudential Center at 7:00 PM. Once again, this year’s event will benefit the Community FoodBank of New Jersey.

All fans attending that evening’s game are asked to bring unopened cans or boxes of non-perishable food.

Requested items include canned fish/meat, powdered milk and infant formula, boxed/canned meals, peanut butter, and canned vegetables/fruits.

Each person that donates five or more items will receive a voucher for four free tickets to an upcoming Devils game along with receiving a raffle tickets for autographed Devils memorabilia.

Wives and girlfriends of Devils’ players will be on hand at the PNC and Lafayette Towers, Lafayette Street, VIP and Skybridge entrances to assist the CFB of NJ volunteers. Every fan who makes a donation that evening will be eligible to win autographed Devils’ memorabilia.

The Community FoodBank of New Jersey, a member of Feeding America, distributed 43 million pounds of food in the last year to people in need in 18 of New Jersey's 21 counties.

Its staff and volunteers fight hunger and poverty not only through the distribution of food and grocery products, but by education, training, and by creating new programs to meet the needs of low-income people.

For further information, please contact the Community FoodBank of New Jersey at 908-355-3663 or cfbnj.org.

http://devils.nhl.co...s.htm?id=690973

Subject: Rivaly Weekend, Special Offers, and More

Date: Thu, Nov 14, 2013 3:42 pm

Don’t miss a great weekend of hockey when your New Jersey Devils take on their 2012 Stanley Cup Final rival LA Kings and the division rival the Pittsburgh Penguins. Limited seats remain.

Those in attendance on Friday that support the annual Jersey Hockey Fights Hunger Food Drive benefitting the Community FoodBank of New Jersey will be entered into a raffle to win signed Devils memorabilia. Those that donate five or more food items will also receive a voucher valid for four complementary tickets to an upcoming Devils home game! Click here to learn more about the items that are most needed for the food bank.

PURCHASE TICKETS

#53 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

Aside from the TM glitches, it does seem like the Devils misled people into believing they would be able to get four tickets with their voucher.

Looking at most of the online comments about this issue on this site, FB, HFBoards, etc., it does seem like hardly anyone successfully claimed four tickets. How many people on this website got four tickets?

While nowhere on the voucher itself does it say anything about it being a "chance" to get four tickets, it does say that it is "REDEEMABLE for 'up to' four tickets to see the New Jersey Devils take on the Carolina Hurricanes on November 27 at 7 p.m."

That's all written on the voucher itself. But the only way anyone would've gotten to read that voucher was if they had already purchased tickets to the Kings game and entered the building with their five cans of food.

The Devils actively promoted the bring five cans/get four tickets offer through news releases, emails and Deb reading about it on air. They did that not only to generate donations to the Community FoodBank of New Jersey but also to generate more tickets sales to the Kings game.

From those promotions, there was no indication that anyone -- never mind almost everyone -- wouldn't be able to get four tickets to whatever game the Devils picked. Nowhere in the news release or emails did it say anything about a "chance" to get four tickets. Nowhere in the news release or emails did it say "Tickets subject to availability."

Because of that, I think many fans have reason to feel slightly misled into buying tickets to that Kings game.

Do you know how many times I have gotten coupons for stuff where it had "subject to availability" on it?  Also, do you know how many times I saw ads for those coupons/vouchers and didn't mention it was subject to availability until I got the actual coupon itself?  Look at how many Black Friday deals coming up will be "subject to availability" but people know each store will only have a small amount so that is why people start camping in front of the store a day before.  This is what happened here and we were part of the huge mob of people who were just a little too late for 4 tickets.

I know people are upset and I am not happy at how it was handled either, but my main gripes are with TM and not the Devils.

#54 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

Because it's easier for some "fans" to blame everything on Harris and Blitzer :rolleyes:  

We need to start calling Harris "Donder" instead. It's going to happen anyway, why not jump ahead of the curve? :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#55 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

Do you know how many times I have gotten coupons for stuff where it had "subject to availability" on it?  Also, do you know how many times I saw ads for those coupons/vouchers and didn't mention it was subject to availability until I got the actual coupon itself?  Look at how many Black Friday deals coming up will be "subject to availability" but people know each store will only have a small amount so that is why people start camping in front of the store a day before.  This is what happened here and we were part of the huge mob of people who were just a little too late for 4 tickets.

I know people are upset and I am not happy at how it was handled either, but my main gripes are with TM and not the Devils.

Just for the record, I am not one of those people that are upset about it. I was lucky to get three tickets out of it. I can take my kid and my nephew.

But I can understand many other people being more than a little miffed if they didn't get any tickets or only got two instead of four.

I think this Devils' promotion was slightly different than coming across an advertisement for a coupon in the newspaper or on TV. People actually had to shell out money for tickets to a hockey game first before getting their voucher.

The Devils said that "each person who donated five or more items of food" would get a voucher for four free tickets. So far, most people have been unable to get their four free tickets, or so it seems.

It's pretty black and white IMO.

Edited by 95Crash, 25 November 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#56 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

Just for the record, I am not one of those people that are upset about it. I was lucky to get three tickets out of it. I can take my kid and my nephew.

But I can understand many other people being more than a little miffed if they didn't get any tickets or only got two instead of four.

I think this Devils' promotion was slightly different than coming across an advertisement for a coupon in the newspaper or on TV. People actually had to shell out money for tickets to a hockey game first before getting their voucher.

The Devils said that "each person who donated five or more items of food" would get a voucher for four free tickets. So far, most people have been unable to get their four free tickets, or so it seems.

It's pretty black and white IMO.

You have to shell out money for Groupon too but I have also seen a lot of "subject to availability" listed on those too.  You paid to go to the Kings game to see the Devils play the Kings and the Food Drive was optional and the voucher for tickets was an added bonus.  It wasn't advertised as a guaranteed by one game, get one free option.

I still think about 90% of the blame on this falls on TM and their sh!tty system.  I can understand and take part in the anger towards them.

#57 RayT

RayT

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

You've got a great point there. I don't know if this is directly the doing of the new owners but definitely someone in the Devil's promotional department. Not having participated in something like this in the past I was under the impression that the voucher meant that I would somehow receive 4 tickets to a future game.

As 95Crash stated it wasn't until you purchased tickets to the Kings game, and read the voucher that it said UP TO 4 TICKETS and Tickets subject to availability. I would agree 100% that this is partially misleading as well.

Now I've come to realize in life that usually nothing is what you expect it to be so I'm satisfied that I was able to get 3 tickets out of it - only after figuring out myself that you had to select will call because of TMs crap error message that said nothing along those lines.

#58 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

You have to shell out money for Groupon too but I have also seen a lot of "subject to availability" listed on those too.  You paid to go to the Kings game to see the Devils play the Kings and the Food Drive was optional and the voucher for tickets was an added bonus.  It wasn't advertised as a guaranteed by one game, get one free option.

I still think about 90% of the blame on this falls on TM and their sh!tty system.  I can understand and take part in the anger towards them.

The problem is that TM has a monopoly as the primary ticket marketplace throughout the entire country.  They don't give a sh!t about this system glitch, especially since it's not making them any money.  TM sucks, but we have almost no choice but to go through them.  The Devils, on the other hand, should care because the perception is (rightly or wrongly) that they misled their consumers with this promotion and fumbled it badly.  At the end of the day, the problems will fall back on the Devils and they will have to make it right or risk alienating more fans.

Posted Image

#59 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

Nah, Sometimes Jeers Play out this way.  

Hahaha, took me a while but that makes perfect sense

#60 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

A buddy of mine just texted me and he said he was able to get 6 tickets in 212 within the last hour  He had 2 vouchers and he got 4 with 1 and 2 with the other voucher.

So it is possible to get 4 together.  It's just TM archaic website that screwed everyone over.

Edited by DevsMan84, 25 November 2013 - 03:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users