174 replies to this topic

#61 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

A buddy of mine just texted me and he said he was able to get 6 tickets in 212 within the last hour  He had 2 vouchers and he got 4 with 1 and 2 with the other voucher.

So it is possible to get 4 together.  It's just TM archaic website that screwed everyone over.

Just a heads up to anybody. If you already got 2 seats with a voucher, you can still use the voucher to get 2 more.

#62 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

Just a heads up to anybody. If you already got 2 seats with a voucher, you can still use the voucher to get 2 more.

Do there you go.  That's 4 tickets and that pretty much says it was all TM's fault then.

#63 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

Do there you go.  That's 4 tickets and that pretty much says it was all TM's fault then.

I've had the site up since yesterday trying to redeem the other 2 tickets left on each voucher. I haven't had any luck since I got the 2 and 2. Every once and a while I see a section light up blue, I click it, then the seats, but then it always says 'something happened, maybe another fan got to them first' or whatever it says.

Had I been able to pull the trigger on seats I thought I had, but then got error messages for, I'd have 8 tickets to this game. While I agree a lot of this is TM, some of the blame has to fall on the Devils marketing team for seriously underestimating how many vouchers they'd be giving out. I don't think they knew this many people would get them or else TM would have been better prepared for the amount of traffic.

Edited by ATLL765, 25 November 2013 - 03:47 PM.

#64 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

Have to really agree here.. Every issue, big or little, is being blamed on new ownership..

People blaming the issues with the organization on the people who own and run it? Lunacy!

I hate the new owners, and I hate the direction they're trying to bring the franchise. I'm not the least bit surprised, though, I split my time between NJ and Philly, and Sixers fans have all but given. Terrible ownership plays a part. How can you possibly question someone's loyalty to a team because they question the decisions ownership makes? Theredstorm is just trying to cause conflict. I'm still a diehard fan, I still watch every possible game I can, which is just about every single one, but hearing the name Joshua Harris has started to make me sick to my stomach.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#65 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

Its not the new owners fault...it's Obama's fault

Jimmy Leeds?!

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#66 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

People blaming the issues with the organization on the people who own and run it? Lunacy!

I hate the new owners, and I hate the direction they're trying to bring the franchise. I'm not the least bit surprised, though, I split my time between NJ and Philly, and Sixers fans have all but given. Terrible ownership plays a part. How can you possibly question someone's loyalty to a team because they question the decisions ownership makes? Theredstorm is just trying to cause conflict. I'm still a diehard fan, I still watch every possible game I can, which is just about every single one, but hearing the name Joshua Harris has started to make me sick to my stomach.

I just think the new ownership group is taking a new approach.  JVB was great towards die-hards and established fans, but his marketing was laughably bad and promotion was almost non-existant other than practically giving away tickets to almost every game.

These new owners want to attract casual fans and families.  Can't really argue with that approach as he is looking for new opportunities to expand and not just concentrating almost their entire efforts on fans whose money they already have like JVB did.  That business model usually fails in the long run and JVB did just that.

#67 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

Jimmy Leeds?!

No...why was he political?

Edited by The 29th Pick, 25 November 2013 - 03:56 PM.

#68 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

I just think the new ownership group is taking a new approach.  JVB was great towards die-hards and established fans, but his marketing was laughably bad and promotion was almost non-existant other than practically giving away tickets to almost every game.

These new owners want to attract casual fans and families.  Can't really argue with that approach as he is looking for new opportunities to expand and not just concentrating almost their entire efforts on fans whose money they already have like JVB did.  That business model usually fails in the long run and JVB did just that.

The email they sent to STH said the opposite though, that they're not worried about the casual, value oriented fan. So that would lead me to believe that casual fans aren't what they're looking to attract.

#69 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

We're ranked 20th in team value according to Forbes.....friggen Toronto is worth over a Billion now adays

http://www.forbes.co...ion:asc_search:

#70 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

The email they sent to STH said the opposite though, that they're not worried about the casual, value oriented fan. So that would lead me to believe that casual fans aren't what they're looking to attract.

Eh the more I read it the more I think it's more lip service.  They have to tow the line between keeping the STH happy and getting the casual fans in.  I think they want to get casual fans in but they see its mostly the hardcore Devils fans that have mostly been using those discounted ticket links than casual fans.

#71 jerseysteve

jerseysteve

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

I think it ludicrus to blame the new owners for anything.  These guys are our white knights.  Things could have turned out very different.

As for this promotion, I didn't go, and I have no gripe, but I will say this:  I remember vividly hearing the announcers talking about this promotion and wondering how the team could possibly make that kind of offer.  It made no sense when I heard it, but I gather that whoever is responsible for these things, didn't do a good job writing copy, and left out the detail about limits. Having said that, I think even without the "fine print," common sense should apply.  Besides, it was for a good cause.  (I'm guessing TM didn't work because the tickets were gone.)

#72 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

Ask the MLS about marketing to families as opposed to trying to attract hardcore fans. And what marketing have they done? The team is no more exposed now than it was this time last year. No owner we've had as long as I've been alive has done anything in terms of marketing. Community outreach is pitiful, if not non-existent. I have never seen a Devils marketing effort anywhere, and I have lived in New Jersey my entire life. The only thing I can ever remember were ads at Parkway tolls during the finals last year. There is literally no excuse for awful marketing. In fairness, I don't live in North Jersey, and I've seen pictures of billboards, but don't wonder why no one shows up to games and the fan base is so thin when the team makes no effort to get involved with the community.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#73 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

No...why was he political?

No he's just right all the time :P

#74 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

No he's just right all the time :P

it seems we got alot of guys like that here !!!

#75 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

i wonder how long before people complain about the seats that they received from the vouchers

#76 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

i wonder how long before people complain about the seats that they received from the vouchers

They would if they actually got seats

#77 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

I wish I could have used mine tonight from the cancer vouchers, but car issues so I'm stuck home.  Perhaps a good thing with the way it's going right now, but I still wanted the calendar :P

#78 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

Ask the MLS about marketing to families as opposed to trying to attract hardcore fans. And what marketing have they done? The team is no more exposed now than it was this time last year. No owner we've had as long as I've been alive has done anything in terms of marketing. Community outreach is pitiful, if not non-existent. I have never seen a Devils marketing effort anywhere, and I have lived in New Jersey my entire life. The only thing I can ever remember were ads at Parkway tolls during the finals last year. There is literally no excuse for awful marketing. In fairness, I don't live in North Jersey, and I've seen pictures of billboards, but don't wonder why no one shows up to games and the fan base is so thin when the team makes no effort to get involved with the community.

Calm down and give the new owners time. 20 years of non existent marketing my Scrooge McMullen and 9 years of marketing on a tight budget under JVB is not going to correct itself within a year and you know that. Give them 3-5 years before you start bashing.

Also to compare marketing from one league to another with a totally different set of fans and attitudes towards it is unfair and you know it.

#79 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

I wish I could have used mine tonight from the cancer vouchers, but car issues so I'm stuck home.  Perhaps a good thing with the way it's going right now, but I still wanted the calendar :P

they gave out calendars once already this year should've been there! ... or they were magnetic schedules.. still a calendar i guess
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#80 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,680 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

Another crowd south of 13,000 people.  These new owners aren't endearing themselves to the fanbase.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users