#181 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

I don't like Family Guy.

But seriously guys.  If you had control of the team, what moves would you make to make this team better?  Be realistic.

fire everyone demolish the arena move and change my name to waldo and the only clothes i would wear would be a white jump suit with red stripes along with big doofy glasses and a matching hat. done deal.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#182 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

fire everyone demolish the arena move and change my name to waldo and the only clothes i would wear would be a white jump suit with red stripes along with big doofy glasses and a matching hat. done deal.

Hmmmm?  Interesting proposition.  On what theory does this lead to more Devils goals?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#183 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

I would start Schneider the majority of the games, including tonight. Cory should have started tonight. In fact, I would've played him Tonight, Wed and Sat.

I would recall Joe Whitney and give him a shot at making the team.

A game like tonight, I think we could've used the young raw energy on the offense. I'm not saying he's going to change our fortunes, but we need guys who might be able to produce points. He MIGHT be able to. Because right now, Ryder, Brunner are doing dick. Whitney could certainly do more than Cam Janssen who is in the lineup because.....?

Other than that, there's not much you can do. This is the lineup we have. There aren't really trades out there to make. I mean who's out there? Martin Erat? We don't have enough pieces to trade and I'm not parting ways with a young defenseman right now.

So stay the course, play out the year, if a trade pops up along, you do it - but our problems can't be solved with a trade without gross overpayment in assets. We need gamebreaking offensive talent. Rarely can you find that in a trade without giving up real value (something we don't have).

#184 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

I just want consistent goal scoring.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#185 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

I don't like Family Guy.

But seriously guys. If you had control of the team, what moves would you make to make this team better? Be realistic.

I really dont think theres much to do, we knew getting in this season that it would be hard and lots of things had to go right for us to have success. Lou did what he could to fill the holes but (and ill say this very carefuly) we lost too many assets and we dont have enough to turn it around or look forward too ( our dcorp should be fabulous but we'll need goals and god knows where theyll come from in the future).

So i think we'll have to suck it up for awhile hoping for lou to find ways to get picks ands stock our farm team, and hopefully get a few good free agents in their prime

Edited by SterioDesign, 25 November 2013 - 11:49 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#186 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

move the devils down to georgia.

but no mike cammalleri will be ufa

the guy can snap it

Posted Image

#187 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

Least flyers and rangers sucked tonight.

#188 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,761 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

I really dont think theres much to do, we knew getting in this season that it would be hard and lots of things had to go right for us to have success. Lou did what he could to fill the holes but (and ill say this very carefuly) we lost too many assets and we dont have enough to turn it around or look forward too ( our dcorp should be fabulous but we'll need goals and god knows where theyll come from in the future).

So i think we'll have to suck it up for awhile hoping for lou to find ways to get picks ands stock our farm team, and hopefully get a few good free agents in their prime

Even if the Devils had retained these players at their present cap hits and salaries, they'd be having a hard time scoring, because their depth would be gone.  (That, or they'd have no goaltending, which would amount to the same thing).

Tonight the Jets scored on their chances and the Devils didn't.  Brodeur gave up a goal he should've stopped, Pavelec didn't.  That's how things will go for the Devils, especially in these games where they don't draw power plays.  You can't expect to score 3 goals consistently if you are only drawing 2 PPs.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#189 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

Even if the Devils had retained these players at their present cap hits and salaries, they'd be having a hard time scoring, because their depth would be gone.  (That, or they'd have no goaltending, which would amount to the same thing).

Tonight the Jets scored on their chances and the Devils didn't.  Brodeur gave up a goal he should've stopped, Pavelec didn't.  That's how things will go for the Devils, especially in these games where they don't draw power plays.  You can't expect to score 3 goals consistently if you are only drawing 2 PPs.

Well i dont agree cause right now were "surviving" without salvador, volchenkov and clowe, thats 12m in cap space and i really but really dont think that having those 3 guys would make us a better team, actually im pretty confident it would make us a worst team. So getting rid of salvador and volch's contract (which i could totally live with the downside of it... If theres any) and use that space for offence is absolutely possible and would give us better depth.

But having gelinas up is definitly a step in the right direction, without him and jagr im horified to think of where this team would be

www.SterioDesign.com

#190 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

Zajac, Henrique, Loktionov, Brunner, Ryder

What will it take to get these guys to start scoring? That's way too many forwards struggling.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#191 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:47 AM

What will it take to get these guys to start scoring? That's way too many forwards struggling.

Well, all of them were at their best when they played with either an elite sniper and/or disher. So there ya go.

Well i dont agree cause right now were "surviving" without salvador, volchenkov and clowe, thats 12m in cap space and i really but really dont think that having those 3 guys would make us a better team, actually im pretty confident it would make us a worst team. So getting rid of salvador and volch's contract (which i could totally live with the downside of it... If theres any) and use that space for offence is absolutely possible and would give us better depth.

That's a summer project. There's no elite scoring to be had nor found at this point and certainly not for a price the Devils can pay with the lack of 1st rounder and relative lack of prospects (D aside).

Edited by Marshall, 26 November 2013 - 03:51 AM.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#192 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:57 AM

I knew this was a loss because we suck against the Jets, pure and simple.

For some reason that team has our number.

Since they became the jets their record against us is 5-2-2. And since last season the jets are 4-0-1 against us.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#193 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:30 AM

I havent had a chance to watch yet, anyone care to give some opinions on Merrils play and involvement in the game?

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#194 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,510 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:01 AM

Unfortunately, the Devils are going to lose games like this now and then.  There's nights where they're going to be a rough watch, and it feels like they're never going to put one home (9 games of 1 goal or less in 24 games).  If the expectations were higher from an offensive production standpoint, I'd be a lot more frustrated by that, but I've grown to accept that this team is simply going to have single game and multiple games of offensive futility.  And I don't know how much that part of the Devils' game will improve.  But defense, goaltending, and hopefully timely scoring keeps the Devils hanging around.  Also would be nice if some of these forwards who never put the damned puck in the net started doing so...even just a little.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#195 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

Ryder SUCKS

Devils.

#196 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:06 AM

it would be easier to form a list of those who are scoring then those who aren't. honestly the only two forwards we can depend on are jagr and elias
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#197 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

I havent had a chance to watch yet, anyone care to give some opinions on Merrils play and involvement in the game?

He didnt do much, in fact he looked a little unsure at times...but he didnt make any glaring mistakes, so in time he should be OK

#198 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

He didnt do much, in fact he looked a little unsure at times...but he didnt make any glaring mistakes, so in time he should be OK

Anyone notice he fell into the boards, AGAIN?! To me he looked like a timid rookie who needs a year in Albany before he is ready for this level.. He didn't make any mistakes that cost a goal, but he was making hasty decisions.. Gelina did his time in Albany and came to the NHL with a high level of confidence.. Merrill needs more time

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#199 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,761 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

But having gelinas up is definitly a step in the right direction, without him and jagr im horified to think of where this team would be

Volchenkov was signed before the Devils started 'losing talent'.  Salvador I'll grant you.  In Clowe's 6 games he didn't show much but he was a pretty decent player last year and would definitely help this team put in some rebound goals or screen goalies.  Assuming Clowe is still halfway decent, the Devils definitely are missing the element he brings - I thought he was a good fit with Brunner.  Right now Bernier is playing too many minutes.

I did see Merrill fall into the boards and yeah he made a few plays that were shaky, but clearly the ability is there.  Whether he's 'ready' or not I don't know, but I think it's a bit hasty to say he belongs in Albany all year.

Edited by Triumph, 26 November 2013 - 09:58 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#200 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

Agree with Colin.  He needs to spend the season in Albany.  However, in an emergency situation, its either him or Burlon getting called up since Larsson went down with an injury.  Can't be too pissed it was him that got the nod.  I thought he looked ok and played well positionally.  No glaring mistakes, other than tripping himself into the board and letting the pass from the corner go under his stick at the point.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users