223 replies to this topic

#221 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

I understand where you coming from with this but I just think it's bad timing posting after last night... If anything we looked like the more offensively dynamic team and were much more aggressive and successful on the forecheck.

You can complain about a lack of finish all you want but the jets are supposed to be one of the faster teams in the league and we outplayed them in every way. They got a soft goal is all.

If we put that effort in every night (and avoid games like the kings and flyers games) we will see more wins.

My response had more to do with Sik02gt's comments about the crowds at games than anything that happened specifically last night.  Like I said in a previous post, this team has been held to one goal or less in 9 games (out of 24).  That's a problem.  But, this team can play defense and do a good job keeping pucks out of the net (their GA is bloated by ENGA and phantom SO goals).  That keeps them competitive, and provided they continue to do that, the team should at least remain around NHL-.500.  The downside is, unless they can cut down on the 1-or-less nights (9 games out of 24 is a lot), it's going to be hard for them to go on the kind of sustained runs you need to start getting to several games over NHL-.500.  Like we've all said, hopefully some of the many forwards who aren't scoring, start to.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#222 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,112 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

thats the way its been in that building so far this season ..ive only missed two games one earlier in the season and last nights .. but my god i remember specifically that friday night kings game.. what a drag it was like one of the most boring sporting events ive ever been to(professional) the team hasnt been great and the crowd hasnt either.

The Pens game was the best atmosphere this year easily.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#223 PacificDevil

PacificDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

It's a team that hasn't been dreadful from a record standpoint, and they score the occasional pretty goal, but in general it's definitely far from being an electrifying team...they can look ugly, old, and slow, all at the same time, and like the least likely NHL team to score a goal. They're not going to excite much.

Of course, as long as they win more than they lose, and compete for a playoff berth, they can get away with that.

The lack of productions by the forwards is frightening...Jagr and Elias are each at .75 points per game (about what can really be expected from either one at best), then no other forward is even close to .5 points per game...hell, no other forward is even at .4 points per game.

For what its worth my Sharks fan friends who went with me to watch the game on Saturday said they got their money worth for the entertainment and not because Sharks won but because the game was fun

#224 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

For what its worth my Sharks fan friends who went with me to watch the game on Saturday said they got their money worth for the entertainment and not because Sharks won but because the game was fun

I like those Shark fans.....the place really applauded when Marty got up after that puck hit him in the back of the neck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users