• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

Schneider's gotta start after that LA game and with Marty playing in SJ

Why?

Marty has been piling up W's for us

Cory needs to start this one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If you guys have not noticed, Marty won the starting job back with his recent stretch of games....if/when he starts slumping we will see Cory get a chance to steal it back.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#22 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

Meh, don't care who is between the pipes only how many we put in there. I am rooting for a win to get us back on track and climbing the standings. LGD!!

#23 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

Schneider is getting the big divisional game wednesday

Maybe...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#24 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

LGD!

I am going to be counting the times Cangilosi says "Big Dustin Byfuglien" tonight........

Every. Single. Time.

Put food on my family

#25 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

It's more important to keep riding Marty's run of play right now than it is to get Schneider back in. I think Marty's form right now is a "limited time" sort of thing, while Schneider's at the point in his career where he'll be sharp at whatever point he's called back in as our #1; this isn't his first rodeo. Marty's still the hot hand in my opinion, we can go with Cory when his play starts to drop.

Edited by DJ Eco, 25 November 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#26 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

LGD!

I am going to be counting the times Cangilosi says "Big Dustin Byfuglien" tonight........

Every. Single. Time.

Have some fun and make a drinking game out of it. :P

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#27 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

Do any of you guys here think Marty's been doing anything short of "killing it" lately? If not, then I'm not sure what games you've been watching? He's been phenomenal.

Edited by DJ Eco, 25 November 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#28 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

Go Devils

#29 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

Have some fun and make a drinking game out of it. :P

You want a good game. Listen on the radio and take a shot every time you hear, "Shot, save!". You'll be annihilated by the end of the 2nd, guaranteed.

#30 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

It's more important to keep riding Marty's run of play right now than it is to get Schneider back in. I think Marty's form right now is a "limited time" sort of thing, while Schneider's at the point in his career where he'll be sharp at whatever point he's called back in as our #1; this isn't his first rodeo. Marty's still the hot hand in my opinion, we can go with Cory when his play starts to drop.

Exactly

Lightning in a bottle

Do any of you guys here think Marty's been doing anything short of "killing it" lately? If not, then I'm not sure what games you've been watching? He's been phenomenal.

:thumbsup:

#31 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

Schneider is getting the big divisional game wednesday

...unless Marty wants it...

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#32 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

...unless Marty wants it...

If we win tonight, I come right back with #30

#33 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

If we win tonight, I come right back with #30

That's like playing Russian Roulette and saying if the next chamber is empty, I'll just keep going. Eventually Marty's play will drop off, it's pretty much guaranteed. I don't think anyone here thinks he can keep this up all year. I'm already very impressed by his play, but I also don't want to tempt fate. Cory should still get the big games because he is more reliable at this point, imo.

#34 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

Anybody want a pair in 230? I am in Las Vegas so... will not be able to attend haha.

Anyway LGD

Edited by Steven M., 25 November 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#35 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

Then what do you call Corey's recent performance ?

#36 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

LGD!

Every. Single. Time.

oh boy he's gonna unload on the "bigs" tonight...

he is so obsessed with the word "big." every play has a big drive or big a save. Every player over 6'2" is "big"...

#37 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

That's like playing Russian Roulette and saying if the next chamber is empty, I'll just keep going. Eventually Marty's play will drop off, it's pretty much guaranteed. I don't think anyone here thinks he can keep this up all year. I'm already very impressed by his play, but I also don't want to tempt fate. Cory should still get the big games because he is more reliable at this point, imo.

Not exactly.

Eventually his play will drop off, and then Cory get get a string of starts

#38 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,655 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

You have to ride the hot hand until it's not the hot hand. Marty will get the majority of starts and split the back-to-backs until he falters. Sooner or later, he will slow down, and then it's Cory's turn for a run.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#39 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

You have to ride the hot hand until it's not the hot hand. Marty will get the majority of starts and split the back-to-backs until he falters. Sooner or later, he will slow down, and then it's Cory's turn for a run.

Corey's given up 2 goals in his past two games 

Marty's given up 5 goals in his past two games

What more does Corey have to do be be considered the hot hand or on a run?

#40 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

LGD. Score some goals.

815631765.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users