DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

Corey's given up 2 goals in his past two games 

Marty's given up 5 goals in his past two games

What more does Corey have to do be be considered the hot hand or on a run?

I don't see Cory in terms of a "hot hand" or "going on a run", I think he's our constant right now, and for the future. You can just see in his his technique night-in and night-out that he's always ready to play. His style and technique is so solid and sound, it's unbelievable, textbook model-goalie of this era. Short of the Senators game, he really doesn't put in any subpar performances. He's only 27 and possibly not even hitting his prime YET! He's absolutely the better of the two goalies, that's without a doubt.

However....

Marty's hot right now too, and the team is winning with him in the net. He's at the stage of his career where the level of play and energy he's been showing us will absolutely start to fade, maybe by Christmas, maybe by the Yankee Stadium game, nobody knows. But while we're winning, and while he's playing games the way he has (and keeping us in the games vs. Anaheim and San Jose in dramatic vintage-Marty fashion), you keep the face of the franchise in. 

When the time comes (and it will), and Marty has a few bad games, Cory's such a constant high-end goaltender that he'd be able to come in right where he left off. You can't say the same about Marty, so you give him most of the starts for now. Just my opinion...

Edited by DJ Eco, 25 November 2013 - 03:43 PM.

#43 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

Yeah I just think with Marty getting banged in the head the other night and his age it wouldnt be a bad idea to give him an extra day of rest, sure he's playing real good right now, but I like the idea of letting Corey split games as much as possible ...just so he knows he's an important part of this team.

#44 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

Right. All things being equal, I'll take Schneider almost every night just because he's younger and more reliable. Marty has not been better than Schneider, we're just more impressed with him because we expected Marty to look like dog sh!t this year compared to Cory.

#45 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

Right. All things being equal, I'll take Schneider almost every night just because he's younger and more reliable. Marty has not been better than Schneider, we're just more impressed with him because we expected Marty to look like dog sh!t this year compared to Cory.

1. The TEAM looks better with Marty in net (it's debatable why, I don't really know why).

2. Marty is playing WELL (albeit not better than Schneider, most can admit), but well.

3. The TEAM wins.

4. Keep Marty in net.

When any single one of these very simple factors shows signs of breaking, whether our team play or Marty's own strong play, I'll say it's time to give Schneider the #1 designation again. I agree with you, if I had to choose the starting goalie for the next 40 games and could only pick one, I'd pick Schneider. But otherwise, there's really no rush to changing the dynamic that's been working for us during a nice long run so far.

Edited by DJ Eco, 25 November 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#46 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

I like both players...I'm not a Marty basher or one who thinks he's the greatest (still)

I just feel the older player should get more days off

Edited by The 29th Pick, 25 November 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#47 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

Because Marty wanted the game and Pete apparently thinks we still have Yann Danis as our alternative.

I liked Yann Danis :D

Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#48 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

Lets keep on winning......the Flyers have more wins than us with a game in hand......GOTTA WIN TONIGHT 

Beat them Jets

LGD

#49 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,730 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

The team is winning with Marty in net. They are gonna ride that for all it's worth. As long as points are coming in, he'll be playing. There's a lot of hockey left to play. Cory will be the starter when it's all said and done

Sooner or later, Marty will get hurt or lay an egg, and Cory will get consecutive starts and a chance to make the spot his again. Schneider is one of the most technically sound goalies going right now. He will have the spot in the end. There's nothing wrong with him having to fight for it.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#50 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

I think you're onto something..... :dizzy:

sooo who wants to play tonight:

"Big Dustin Byfuglien" = Take a shot

"Shot, Scar" = Take a shot

"Sharp Angle Try" = Take a shot

"Shot, Save" = Drink beer

"Big Save" = Drink beer

"Strong along the boards" = Drink beer

You forgot "gives chase"

#51 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

I think you're onto something..... :dizzy:

sooo who wants to play tonight:

"Big Dustin Byfuglien" = Take a shot

"Shot, Scar" = Take a shot

"Sharp Angle Try" = Take a shot

"Shot, Save" = Drink beer

"Big Save" = Drink beer

"Strong along the boards" = Drink beer

Wow if you can get through this drinking game, you're probably an alcoholic.

#52 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

Looking forward to a whole game of me telling myself "Kane youd look awesome in a Devils jersey"

www.SterioDesign.com

#53 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

yeah merill 

guys always score coming back from concussion

that and we need our D scoring.

Posted Image

#54 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

yeah merill 

guys always score coming back from concussion

that and we need our D scoring.

cant wait for Clowe to get back 

#55 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

wish i didnt sell my tickets right about now!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#56 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

What the hell was Chico just rambling about jets and cockpits and passengers on continental flights across the country

#57 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,730 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

What the hell was Chico just rambling about jets and cockpits and passengers on continental flights across the country

They really need to give Cangialosi a kill switch for chico's mic.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#58 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

10 minutes of dominant hockey equals 1 shot on goal. Somehow this team has got to find a way to get shots on the net.

Posted Image

#59 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,730 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

The Bruce Dickinson must be running the Diablos now, because wow, that's a lotta cowbell.

#60 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

10 minutes of dominant hockey equals 1 shot on goal. Somehow this team has got to find a way to get shots on the net.

Easy... take a shot when you have the lane. Pass when you don't. Most guys on this team seem to do the opposite.

Edited by David Puddy, 25 November 2013 - 07:25 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users