Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

http://www.newsday.c...eries-1.6503895

image.jpg

BaDchfJCEAAEnbW.jpg

Edited by Mike Brown, 27 November 2013 - 02:09 AM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#2 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:57 AM

Well, it's not preposterous.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#3 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:16 AM

The sleeve numbers being crooked is totally necessary...

And the vintage appeal of the laces on an otherwise futuristic-looking jersey creates a dissonance in my head.  The fact that the laces appear to not be functional at all slightly alleviates it, but it still irks me.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#4 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:59 AM

While this isn't the worst, it certainly looks like amatuer hour. The NY looks washed out and bland, the two stripes on the sleeves don't go all the way around the sleeve, the numbers are slanted which is not needed, and the yolk being pointed is just silly. It's trying to be ultra modern for modernizations sake. The numbers being slanted to follow stripes seems to  be a nod to the way the numbers wave to follow the wavy stripes on the Gorton's Fisherman jersey.

Icelanders stop making third/alternate jerseys; the Fishsticks jersey, the Orange Starburst jersey, the Black Baske-Hockey jersey, now this. The New York Islanders; making ugly third jerseys since 1996.

From what the Newsday article stated I believe that all the teams involved are going to release their Stadium Series jersey today and they will be available for purchase by the public on Black Friday.

Edited by ChilltownDevs2673, 27 November 2013 - 04:26 AM.

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#5 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:15 AM

Futuristic: p

#6 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:17 AM

That is shocking!!!

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#7 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:46 AM

I think if the NY had been outlined in orange, it would've looked better.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#8 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,867 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:48 AM

Not great but not bad either. Between their fishermen, their orange and their black third jerseys I would say this is the best with the orange a close second.

I don't like the pointed shoulder yokes either. It reminds me of the ones on the devils replica pro player jerseys.

#9 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

It's not terrible, but I'm glad we aren't wearing something like that
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:43 AM

Lol that logo looks so out of place it's ridiculous.

They tried too hard... Way too much going on.

Edit: I like a lot of the individual elements but when they slap them all on there together it's just sensory overload.

Edited by dmann422, 27 November 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#11 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

Fail

I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#12 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

I like it better then what theyve been wearing
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#13 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

http://video.nhl.com...495420&catid=35 video showing the full uniform

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#14 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

I think if the NY had been outlined in orange, it would've looked better.

but it HAS to be CHROME! dont you GET it?!

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#15 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

There are five separate logos on the uniform... It's ridiculous.

#16 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,732 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

Not terrible, but the logo looks slapped on. It needs some color.

Be careful what you wish for, Devils 3rd jersey cravers. For every St Louis Blues third, there's 3 Sabres or Isles thirds.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#17 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

While there are some parts of it I don't like, it's not terrible, many people here are overreacting.  One element I absolutely hate is the nameplate not being the same color as the jersey, which can be seen at the end of the video sykkie posted.  That gets on my nerves.

There are five separate logos on the uniform... It's ridiculous.

What?  There's the logo on the chest, the secondary logo on the shoulder, the Stadium Series patch on the other shoulder, and I guess you're counting the logo on the pants?  Those are all pretty standard except maybe the pants logo, but that isn't that uncommon either and if you're counting that then why not count the helmet decals?  Also, what's the fifth one?

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#18 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

While there are some parts of it I don't like, it's not terrible, many people here are overreacting. One element I absolutely hate is the nameplate not being the same color as the jersey, which can be seen at the end of the video sykkie posted. That gets on my nerves.

What? There's the logo on the chest, the secondary logo on the shoulder, the Stadium Series patch on the other shoulder, and I guess you're counting the logo on the pants? Those are all pretty standard except maybe the pants logo, but that isn't that uncommon either and if you're counting that then why not count the helmet decals? Also, what's the fifth one?

center chest, one on each shoulder, left pant leg and the ccm logo on the right pant leg (which I'm counting since it's so big)

I just think there is so much going on in that uniform between all of the logos stripes and chrome that it looks like a 5 year old put all his favorite things in it.

#19 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

center chest, one on each shoulder, left pant leg and the ccm logo on the right pant leg (which I'm counting since it's so big)

I just think there is so much going on in that uniform between all of the logos stripes and chrome that it looks like a 5 year old put all his favorite things in it.

Yes but I think that fits the futuristic concept.. Don't people always say we are becoming an ADD culture? Why not get more crazy.. I agree though, too much going on for me
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#20 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

I guess I'm in the minority for liking this look.  Blends the old elements of the Islanders classic emblem with the "NY".  I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes the dominant concept for when the move to Brooklyn is complete.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users