• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:22 AM

Wanted: elite sniper.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#202 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:17 AM

Just to think we had 3 30 goals scorer and another 20+ goals scorer 2 seasons ago (in our last successful season) and that they are all just gone. Just like that without even getting a 7th round pick in return of anything. Simply gone.

I know you can't just look at it black on white and that we have better goaltending but from those 110 goals, probably quite a few would have been a game tier goals, game winners that would have give us extra points. Also 2 of those guys we're our top 2 SO shooters which was another big reason of our latest successful season.

There's no other way to say that wtv happened in the last 2 seasons crippled us for the future in term of personnel. We don't have much trading chips anymore. We'll be without Elias and Jagr soon too. It's really but really not looking good.

www.SterioDesign.com

#203 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:29 AM

Just to think we had 3 30 goals scorer and another 20+ goals scorer 2 seasons ago (in our last successful season) and that they are all just gone. Just like that without even getting a 7th round pick in return of anything. Simply gone.

I know you can't just look at it black on white and that we have better goaltending but from those 110 goals, probably quite a few would have been a game tier goals, game winners that would have give us extra points. Also 2 of those guys we're our top 2 SO shooters which was another big reason of our latest successful season.

There's no other way to say that wtv happened in the last 2 seasons crippled us for the future in term of personnel. We don't have much trading chips anymore. We'll be without Elias and Jagr soon too. It's really but really not looking good.

oh boy here we go...I'm just gonna sit back and watch the responses come in for this lol.

#204 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:45 AM

jagrs getting 20 mins, can he get 25 or 30? lol  after that line we have patty and nothing as far as scoring forwards

enough of using jansson to push/punish the youngsters, its not working, its hurting! put brunner tedy and JJ together and let them try and flash

throw lokti patty and henrique together and give ryder 4th line duty he's earned it

play cory now

#205 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

oh boy here we go...I'm just gonna sit back and watch the responses come in for this lol.

well its really not that i want to fvcking go back arguing about this (i really dont) but i mean, there's no way around it, thats the #1 reason why we're sucking now. Sorry for pointing it out i mean. Its pure common sense and somehow some are acting like it's not normal that the team is underachieving. The whole world knew we'd struggle scoring this year, its not underachieving.

Whoever was saying Ryder would score 25-30 goals for sure this season is losing his money right now

Edited by SterioDesign, 28 November 2013 - 08:48 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#206 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

well its really not that i want to fvcking go back arguing about this (i really dont) but i mean, there's no way around it, thats the #1 reason why we're sucking now. Sorry for pointing it out i mean. Its pure common sense and somehow some are acting like it's not normal that the team is underachieving. The whole world knew we'd struggle scoring this year, its not underachieving.

Whoever was saying Ryder would score 25-30 goals for sure this season is losing his money right now

that's kind if the point... Everyone knew it would hard to replace all those guys. We get it, but we're moving on... It doesn't contribute anything to the board to bring it up after every loss or in every thread.

#207 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

that's kind if the point... Everyone knew it would hard to replace all those guys. We get it, but we're moving on... It doesn't contribute anything to the board to bring it up after every loss or in every thread.

Of course, but some are still acting like it's not normal that we're not scoring goals. I dont get that

www.SterioDesign.com

#208 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

I wouldn't be shocked to see Lou make some sort of move for a scoring in the near future. It's not like he doesn't see this. Plus, we have young d-men and goaltending to spare.

believe-devs.jpg

#209 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

I wouldn't be shocked to see Lou make some sort of move for a scoring in the near future. It's not like he doesn't see this. Plus, we have young d-men and goaltending to spare.

what are you suggesting??? our AHL goalies arent bringing anythong back. in order to bring in a legit scorer we would need to make a BIG move

#210 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

I wouldnt say we have young dmen to spare. We already lost Urbom, we technically "should" be good in a few years with what we have but God knows which will pan out and what kind of depth we'll have after them. Plus most of them doesnt really have values at this point.

At this point if anything Lou should try to get a young promising forward still in the AHL or Junior while his value is still low. We dont have any outside or Boucher really. And we don't have the pieces to get a proven one. So a prospect swap could work i think. Lou has surprised us before though so lets see whats next

www.SterioDesign.com

#211 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

you may get a secondary piece come in but I think and hope Lou is not willing to give up major assets for a big money forward...

I brought up erat in the roster thread... I have no idea if he would be a fit but that's the caliber player we would have a realistic shot at bringing in.

Edited by dmann422, 28 November 2013 - 10:00 AM.

#212 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:04 AM

Lou's hands are tied, by his own doing, he has nothing to trade.  Who would you trade? What will you get for him that's different from what we have today?

#213 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

Yeah, and the Devils didn't sign any free agents either, that's the worst part.  It's just Elias, Zubrus, Zajac, and Henrique out there with Whitney, Matteau, Scott Timmins, Harri Pesonen - I don't really understand how Lou thinks this team can win.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#214 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

Lou's hands are tied, by his own doing, he has nothing to trade.  Who would you trade? What will you get for him that's different from what we have today?

half the teams in the league are looking to add scoring.....we dont have much to offer in a trade, I think the only way we get a scorer is like how we got Zidlicky, a player wanting out from his current team, or a player like Danny Heatley who's at the end of his career with a contract the team would like to dump.

I think we're gonna be a middle of the pack low scoring team for a few years.

#215 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

I think we need to look for a playmaking center. I think we're pretty weak there.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#216 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

No one on the team can be a difference maker.  That is the problem.  Funny thing is that I think if we get to the playoffs we can do damage.

#217 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

No one on the team can be a difference maker.  That is the problem.  Funny thing is that I think if we get to the playoffs we can do damage.

I thought the same thing. We're playing grind-out playoff hockey but not good regular season hockey. No one is a cut above the rest of the guys on the ice to go and grab a goal out of nothing, outside of Jagr. A bunch of solid footsoldiers but no one stands out. That's not good right now... Unfortunately, when you look at what Buffalo got for Vanek, I don't think we're in a position to get anyone notable in a trade anytime soon.

#218 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

We can trade our first round pick if need be ;)

Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#219 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:42 PM

yeah..next year when we finish lower than this year..which will be pretty low

#220 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

let's not ruin our chance at the mcjesus pick. Who knows how terrible we could be next year

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users