241 replies to this topic

#21 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

Cant wait to get spanked tonight...get that Fire Deboer thread going again !!!!

#22 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,085 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

you honestly dont think marty is going to just up and walk away after this year do you? he has said several times that he intends to play another season if he can.. he will try to get another contact out of lou.

I'll worry about that when the time comes...the future is too uncertain.  Just because Marty's playing well right now doesn't mean he will for the whole season.  And even if he does re-sign for next season, it's not like he becomes a lock to play 40+ games.  At Marty's age, I can't extrapolate what's happened 24 games into the 2013-14 season all the way to the end of the 2014-15 season.  Marty could very well have a second half or extended stretch of games similar to his first four starts.  Let's face it...the only reason he's getting as many starts as he has as of late is because he's been playing well.  If that stops, and Schneider does his job, there isn't going to be any goalie controversy for long.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#23 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

They better win tonight as Carolina is one of my most hated teams along with the Rags, Philly, Toronto and Colorado.

#24 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Seriously trade Schnieder. You're not going to score for him, you're not going to sign players that score and you're not playing him. He was traded for a 1st round pick which the Devils are most certainly going to need at the end of this season. So go ahead ride out Brodeur, trade Schnieder for draft picks and sign a cruddy back up goalie.
PDB sucks.

your overreactions never cease to amaze me.

#25 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

I have a great idea! How about we score more goals than they do? What does everybody think?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#26 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

Sounds pretty good. I like it.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#27 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

I'll be there tonight. I can't stand this freggin team!! Cory knew what he was getting into when he came here; I don't wanna hear it from him. Yeah it sucks but it's not like Marty is gonna play another 5 years. The team needs to score more in general not just when Cory is in net.

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#28 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

WHY THE HELL DO I HATE LIFE????!

#29 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

I'll be there tonight. I can't stand this freggin team!! Cory knew what he was getting into when he came here; I don't wanna hear it from him. Yeah it sucks but it's not like Marty is gonna play another 5 years. The team needs to score more in general not just when Cory is in net.

Cory didn't choose to come here.  He was traded here, and will be free to leave as a FA after next season.  Although I don't like that he is making his opinions/feeling public on the subject, I can certainly understand where he is coming from as he has played very well thus far.

Posted Image

#30 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

Schneider is getting shafted. And for what reason?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#31 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

LGD!!! Bring home a "W"

#32 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

Schneider is getting shafted. And for what reason?

Because he isn't one of Pete's 'chosen ones'. Only in Pete's world is it logical to run a 41-year old Marty into the ground while benching a 27-year old for three straight games after he stole you two points in LA.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#33 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

I've still yet to see a goal live this year, maybe 3rd time's the charm?

I reckon you shouldn't come to the game tonight (just kidding) lol..

#34 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

It's not like Brodeur has been bad in the last 2 losses, or over the last 10 games he has played for that matter.  Pete's decision here is not completely off the wall.  That said, I agree with most in believing that Cory should get the start because both goalies are playing very well and, there is no reason to sit Cory for 3 straight games.

Posted Image

#35 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

They better win tonight as Carolina is one of my most hated teams along with the Rags, Philly, Toronto and Colorado.

Just curious, why Toronto?

#36 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,131 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

I reckon you shouldn't come to the game tonight (just kidding) lol..

I know.....I'm cursed.... Then again, the opposition has only scored 2 goals in the games I've been too. So if that keeps up too, all we gotta do is score 2 to win it.

#37 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

I guess PDB is waiting for the next back to back for Cory.  Marty rests tomorrow and plays either Friday or Saturday.  Cory gets what is leftover. I hope he stays positive.

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#38 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

Just curious, why Toronto?

Tie Domi. F the Leafs.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#39 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

The fact Schneider single handedly stole the game against the Kings, and then gets benched the next two games isn't exactly good for his morale.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#40 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

The fact Schneider single handedly stole the game against the Kings, and then gets benched the next two games isn't exactly good for his morale.

three Mike three

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users