241 replies to this topic

#121 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

Can the good goalie play the next game plz? 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#122 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'm thankful for still having the team in nj. I pray for a better team for Christmas.

How can that happen?  There's nobody out there on the trade market.  And as long as we have a coach continue icing the worst lineup possible, we won't see many changes.

This team can be good if the roster is used properly.  Pete hasn't come close to doing that.  It doesn't help either that like 5 of our key forwards are badly under performing.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#123 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

Why is Brodeur playing again? We needed a goalie who could stop a puck tonight not an old POS

Look who's back. Marty's our best forward behind Jagr.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#124 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

Thanks to a 15.5 SH% on the PP which is tied for 4th in the league which helps mask how bad the PP is. When it comes to actually getting shots they have the lowest shots for/60 rate at 39.2 (next worst is 41.2). Their zone entries are pretty atrocious on the PP in my opinion.

The zone entries on the PP is what kills the PP.  They can never enter the zone without dumping it in.  It really hurts the powerplay.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#125 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

I'm on my phone so I'm not gonna multi quote but among others this is a quote from the disparity thread. I had previously said "so schneids is the reason we can't get more thana few sog??"

Yeah, the offense was scoring less with Schneider in net so a bunch of people were throwing theories around. At no point did anyone say "Schneider was why the offense sucked".
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#126 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

JVR with goals 10 and 11 tonight, Bobby Ryan with number 12...why cant Lou trade for a scorer

F ...it trade Corey if we aint gonna use him

I'm losing a lot of faith in this team.  I'm always optimistic, but this team is killing me!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#127 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

when we can't score goals it doesn't matter who hell is in the net. We aren't scoring. Goalie is least our issues so stfu

Can the good goalie play the next game plz?

#128 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

when we can't score goals it doesn't matter who hell is in the net. We aren't scoring. Goalie is least our issues so stfu

Regardless, Schneider should have been the starter tonight.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#129 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

Well agreed. But goals are the issue not goalie. We could have anyone in net. Dont matter when this team can't buy them selves a goal

Regardless, Schneider should have been the starter tonight.

#130 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

I wanted Schneider to start too, but the Marty hate is a little ridiculous.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#131 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:54 PM

Look who's back. Marty's our best forward behind Jagr.

Then let him play forward and put Cory in goal, it'd be an improvement up front at least :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#132 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

we're all pissed off these days...and saying things without thinking

#133 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

It always is...what else is new?  It's fine to have wanted Schneider to start (I did too), but now suddenly some people are making it sound like Marty's been sucking lately.  Not even remotely accurate.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#134 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

This is the game that should finally get Pete fired. Coaches get fired for far less then this kind of season. The personnel decisions he's making should seal it. He's exactly the same coach that the Florida people warned about. While it's not 100% his fault, there's too many young players that need another voice and the puzzling personnel decisions must stop. And since Lou put this clown show together, he's got to be made to understand he's no longer Teflon Lou. This boring, skill-less, mix matched group of parts would get any other GM fired whose name isn't Lou Lamoriello and we all know that.

#135 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

Marty has been good tonight imo.  Only one soft goal, but he's made some big saves tonight.  He was good on Monday night too.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#136 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:02 PM

Well all...gonna watch until the last 5 mins but just signed up for netflix and most likely will check out.

I hope everyone has a safe and great Thanksgiving and happy holidays to all! :)

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#137 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

Between this team and the owners I have very little interest in attending any games. Doesn't look enjoyable being at that arena at all.

#138 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

That's something...nice goal by Greene.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#139 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,445 posts

Marty against Cam is like Peyton against Brady.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#140 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,277 posts

Great screen by Bernier to set up Greene's goal!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users