Carolina: 9-10-5

New Jersey: 9-10-5

TV: MSG+ FSCR

Line: NJ -133, O/U: 5

LETS GO DEVILS

alg-devils-tedenby-scores-jpg.jpg

cghico.jpg

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#2 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

Marty again...

Let's hope we can score some goals

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#3 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

All PER TG's twitter

https://twitter.com/TGfireandice

Schneider said he's "very surprised" and "frustrated" he's not playing, but made point of saying Brodeur is playing well.

Cory Schneider on not playing: "It's Groundhog Day for me. I can't seem to escape it. I’m just trying to work hard and do what I can. I’d just like to see the ice a bit more is all.”

Schneider: "Marty’s playing really well. He’s got the net. He’s running with it. It’s part of the game ...but I just feel at this point in my career it’s something where I’d like to play more.”

http://blogs.northje...h.jKp9rKha.dpuf

Petey pushing Cory away already!

sounds like he cant WAIT for free agency or a trade

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil, 27 November 2013 - 12:26 PM.

cghico.jpg

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#4 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

LGD! I'll be at work so I can't watch. Words do not do justice to how much I absolutely despise this team.

815631765.gif

#5 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,027 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

LGD, I freaking hate everything about the Hurricanes.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#6 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

Let's go Devils!

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#7 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,236 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

Just a couple more seasons until Schneider is the starting goaltender for the Rangers

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#8 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

Just a couple more seasons until Schneider is the starting goaltender for the Rangers

LMAO

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#9 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hey i made another topic but if u missed out on tickets tonight call 973-757-6200 and hit 1. Have ur voucher code ready and talk to a rep. You will get tickets for Saturdays game vs buffalo. I got 4.

#10 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

lets goooooo score more then 1 goal. thanks in advance.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#11 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

Go Devils

IMO Marty doesn't deserve to start.

#12 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

Petey pushing Cory away already!

sounds like he cant WAIT for free agency or a trade

In bold:  no it doesn't.  It sounds like he's not thrilled about his situation as of November 27, 2013, which I can understand.

Marty is a finite resource at this time...what he's done after a rough four starts to begin the season has been a terrific surprise...I'm guessing Pete knows that it's not going to last, so he wants to try to squeeze out whatever Marty has left.  Do I agree with him doing it at Schneider's expense?  No.  And I don't blame Cory for being pissed about it.  But at the same time, it's crazy to think that what is going on right this minute with the Devils' goaltending situation will continue as such.  Marty is going to slump in time (his last three seasons have shown that he is not nearly as consistent as he once was), and Cory might very well take the job at that point and never look back.  And Marty's contract is up at the end of this season, so this Marty/Cory scenario has a good chance of being completely irrelevant in 2014-15 anyway. 

Anyway,

LET'S GO DEVILS

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#13 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

In bold:  no it doesn't.  It sounds like he's not thrilled about his situation as of November 27, 2013, which I can understand.

Marty is a finite resource at this time...what he's done after a rough four starts to begin the season has been a terrific surprise...I'm guessing Pete knows that it's not going to last, so he wants to try to squeeze out whatever Marty has left.  Do I agree with him doing it at Schneider's expense?  No.  And I don't blame Cory for being pissed about it.  But at the same time, it's crazy to think that what is going on right this minute with the Devils' goaltending situation will continue as such.  Marty is going to slump in time (his last three seasons have shown that he is not nearly as consistent as he once was), and Cory might very well take the job at that point and never look back.  And Marty's contract is up at the end of this season, so this Marty/Cory scenario has a good chance of being completely irrelevant in 2014-15 anyway. 

Anyway,

LET'S GO DEVILS

you honestly dont think marty is going to just up and walk away after this year do you? he has said several times that he intends to play another season if he can.. he will try to get another contact out of lou.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#14 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

WHY THE HELL IS BRODEUR STARTING????!

I miss Parise. 

#15 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

Seriously trade Schnieder. You're not going to score for him, you're not going to sign players that score and you're not playing him. He was traded for a 1st round pick which the Devils are most certainly going to need at the end of this season. So go ahead ride out Brodeur, trade Schnieder for draft picks and sign a cruddy back up goalie.
PDB sucks.

Edited by BigZ, 27 November 2013 - 01:26 PM.

I miss Parise. 

#16 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:27 PM

And why is Janssen still playing...just stop this already.

#17 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

It would also be nice if our beat writers would challenge Pete on some of his decisions. Its softball after softball. As a fan, I'd like some actual answers on why some of these ridiculous lineup decisions are being made.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#18 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

Getting real sick of your sh!t Pete.

believe-devs.jpg

#19 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

I've still yet to see a goal live this year, maybe 3rd time's the charm?

#20 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

Marty has played very well and deserves to start.  Problem, is, so has Schneider.  IMO, they should continue to split the starts.  It's not Cory's fault this team can't score a goal when he is in net. 

Pete clearly is going to ride Brodeur here, and this is exactly what I was afraid of when they made this trade at the draft.  You give up a high draft pick for a goalie of the future (who, because he is already 27 or 28, really is the goalie of now), but the aging legend is not ready to leave and isn't playing bad enough to be forced out creating a situation where the new guy remains in limbo.  It's more likely Marty returns next season if he keeps playing like he has so far this season.  What do you do then?  Eventually, they have to hand the reigns over to Cory.  For some reason I get the feeling this is not going to go down well.   

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users