Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

Buffalo actually looks pretty strong right now against Toronto

Oooh they just won in OT actually

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#163 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

Buffalo actually looks pretty strong right now against Toronto

Oooh they just won in OT actually

They beat Toronto twice.  I hope the boys saw that.  Seriously, no need to take that team lightly.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#164 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

Its 4 am and I am feeling fine. Much needed win. It's going to be an up and down season.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#165 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:08 PM

With Burns having a hat trick today I'd still like to see Zids as a wing. Burns and Zids are scarily similar in playing style and skill set. It would allow the young D to stay in the lineup and you could then remove a deadbeat forward of your choice.

#166 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,612 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

They beat Toronto twice.  I hope the boys saw that.  Seriously, no need to take that team lightly.

Buffalo sucks.  The reason they beat Toronto twice?  Toronto sucks.

Now that isn't to say that Buffalo can't win tomorrow - they can, they have good goaltending - but that the Devils should carry the play against them.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#167 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

yeah really WTF.....plus the quality of that video is crap

Edited by Legion15, 29 November 2013 - 11:37 PM.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#168 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

its not tomorrow that the jerseys are discounted from the den is it? kinda wana pick up a jagr premier
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#169 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

With Burns having a hat trick today I'd still like to see Zids as a wing. Burns and Zids are scarily similar in playing style and skill set. It would allow the young D to stay in the lineup and you could then remove a deadbeat forward of your choice.

Burns was drafted as a forward,  Zid has always been a defenseman.  I'd keep Zidlicky right where he is.

Buffalo sucks.  The reason they beat Toronto twice?  Toronto sucks.

Now that isn't to say that Buffalo can't win tomorrow - they can, they have good goaltending - but that the Devils should carry the play against them.

Toronto sucks?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#170 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

Burns is superior defensively and offensively then zids to.

Burns was drafted as a forward, Zid has always been a defenseman. I'd keep Zidlicky right where he is.

#171 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

Points shots aren't a bad thing with gelly sweet win

the guy really does have one hell of a shot
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#172 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:51 PM

I like whee your head is at because zids had phenomenal hands and our dmen have by far been or best players. But I even still might wanna leave zids and Gelly up top because they are deadly. I still want to pressure our forwards to do whatever they can to find a way to score.

Honestly I don't know how many other d men I would like to see zids replaced by anyway (harrold-no. Sal-no. Merrill-no. And nobody else is worth significant nhl time)

#173 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

A ten hour video?

yeah really WTF.....plus the quality of that video is crap

I guess people don't get internet fads these days.

n2eg.jpg

#174 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:28 AM

Mattias Tedenby, 80% CF? *mind asplode*

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#175 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

jagr is such a freak, I keep yelling at my son not to bend at the waist and to cut down his stick, So all jagr does is lean at the waist with a super long stick.  my kids says, "dad, you're full of S@*%"   well now its dont throw "no-look" passes to center ice, .....take that jagr! lol

forgive me Lord, but did anyone else smile when gelly hit that cane in the back, and dropped him???  HEAVY SHOT

forecheck-cycle deep-feed the point-crash the net or tip it in = devils offense

very big win!

#176 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,441 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

Toronto sucks?

Some numbers definitely point to that.  They get outshot by 10 shots per game.  They're giving up a league-worst 36 shots per game as well. 

Their 14-9-3 record looks good at a glance, but their constantly getting outshot and outchanced is catching up with them, and with their goalies' save%s coming down, their luck is running out.  The Leafs are 4-5-3 in their last 12 games.  Since starting the season 6-1-0, they're only 8-8-3.   

In their last 14 games, they've cracked more than 30 shots-for twice.  They gave up 34+ 11 times (43+ 5 times).  The goalies stopping about 94% of the shots helped them off a good start, but lately it's been closer to 91%.  Not good for the Leafs. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#177 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

Some numbers definitely point to that.  They get outshot by 10 shots per game.  They're giving up a league-worst 36 shots per game as well. 

Their 14-9-3 record looks good at a glance, but their constantly getting outshot and outchanced is catching up with them, and with their goalies' save%s coming down, their luck is running out.  The Leafs are 4-5-3 in their last 12 games.  Since starting the season 6-1-0, they're only 8-8-3.   

In their last 14 games, they've cracked more than 30 shots-for twice.  They gave up 34+ 11 times (43+ 5 times).  The goalies stopping about 94% of the shots helped them off a good start, but lately it's been closer to 91%.  Not good for the Leafs. 

Mirtle had a good piece on this but the gist is essentially this: Leafs score 2.48 goals per game this season. If Reimer and Bernier together pitch a good .920 SV% for the rest of the season, that's still 3+ goals against per game given how many shots they're seeing. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#178 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

I guess people don't get internet fads these days.

Oh yeah..how about 10 hours of this crap !!

Edited by The 29th Pick, 30 November 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#179 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

Thank God Schneids finally got some goal support

#180 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

I want to get another dog just so I can name it Jagr :) He has always been a favorite of mine, but to see him in our jersey and watch him dominate game after game is a really awesome thing. Honestly, I hope he sticks around past this season if he wants to.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users