161 replies to this topic

#121 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

First the goal song, then the vuvuzelas, WHERE DOES IT STOP?  MADNESS I TELL YA  :doh1:

Mountains out of molehills people.  I don't even notice the vuvuzelas on TV, but I haven't been to too many games this year yet so I'm probably not qualified to comment on their use during the games I suppose.  But if you don't like them..complain to someone.  They clearly will listen and ban them if enough people bitch about their use.

If you sat in the sections next to the Diablos and had to hear the constant ear piercing drone of that stupid horn all game long, you'd probably think differently.  I don't mind the Diablos and their "corporate" chants that have been forced down their throats by the team ("go red go" - really?).  Truthfully, they need to take some lessons from the Red Bulls supporter groups.  But the vuvuzela has to go.   

Posted Image

#122 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

Meh, the vuvuzela doesn't bother me at all. Can't say as to how it sounds on TV since I'm at all the games I can make, but from where I sit in 117 it really isn't that bad. Then again, I'm usually yelling kill right along with the Diablos. The only time I ever find myself getting a bit annoyed by it is when we can't clear the zone and it goes on for almost a full 2 minutes straight, but those situations are few and far between.

believe-devs.jpg

#123 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

I wonder how the players feel about it. Someone ask them next time after a game!

Devils.

#124 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

The vuvuzela is fine during the PK, as I love the "Kill!" chant... However, whoever uses it at any other point really needs to stop.

I'm in Section 119, and when someone in our section or a section over would start a nice loud "Let's Go Devils!" chant, Section 122 would chime in, which is fine and all, but the vuvuzela would come in late/off-tempo and it ruined at least 2-3 "Let's Go Devils!" chants because it threw everyone off. They really need to stop with the vuvuzelas, they're getting more and more out of control as each game goes on, it's like that person's nervous tic now.

#125 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

I actually heard the vuvuzelas pretty well on TV on Saturday, especially on the PK.  It is pretty loud this year and sometimes there are 2 people blaring them at the same time.

The people in that section are something else.  I really thought based off of seeing last year at games maybe 15-20 of them at most showing up to each game that the section was naturally dying out.  Now since the Devils offered $100 season tickets and then put rules in where they have to stand and have to attend all games then suddenly they are loud again.  That section this year is clearly the Devils doing to add "atmosphere" by blowing our eardrums out with those stupid horns and lame chants.

Oh and please again for the love of god tell them as well as guy in sec 120/121ish to stop doing the Baumann chant every period.  Once a game is enough and doing it more is taking away the specialness of a good thing.

I don't think they will mind.  Tell them its the Vuvuzelas or having to pay full price season tickets and that will shut them up real quick.

It wouldn't be so bad if our eardrums weren't assaulted from the moment we get in the door. The arena is so damn loud that you can't have a conversation at any time, even during intermission. The fact that these guys get cheapo tix, then also get to annoy the sh!t out of anyone remotely close to their section is stupid.

And yeah, doing the Baumann chant every period really kills it. No one wants to join in when the chant it done so often, it's LAME. The one time it was done at the other end of the ice Saturday night, the chant was 50X louder than any of the attempts by the diablos.

#126 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

And yeah, doing the Baumann chant every period really kills it. No one wants to join in when the chant it done so often, it's LAME. The one time it was done at the other end of the ice Saturday night, the chant was 50X louder than any of the attempts by the diablos.

I don't mind one per period, but at Saturday's game, I could've sworn the Diablos started it 3 times in the first period...

#127 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

with the back to backs literally every friday saturday this month, i expect them to split all of them barring injury.

tough to bet on these things, but i'd guess:

away mtl: marty

home mtl: cory

home det: marty

away nyr: cory

away clb cory

away pit: marty

home tb: cory

home ott: cory

home ducks: marty

away caps: cory

away hawks: cory

home clb: marty

away isles: cory

home pit: marty

that's 8-6 cory

Sounds about right, as much as one can predict these things.  If it works out this way, it means that Marty played well, which is obviously good for everyone but Schneider, and if the team is winning, he can probably deal with it. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#128 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

Lol typical diablo response.

I hope they realize more people dislike them than actually like them.

Many times I've actually passed up cheaper seats at the rock in favor of more expensive ones just to sit a far away possible from the diablos.

I don't know any diablos personally, but they just seem kind of corny as a whole to me...like they're trying too hard to make it happen.  I'm all for crowd noise, atmosphere, the Devils' building being distinctive and a tough place to play for opponents...but they come off as a corporate-manufactured interpretation of what "loud, enthusiastic, raucous" means.  They just have a very scripted, hired-hand, non-genuine feel to them. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 02 December 2013 - 01:10 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#129 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:13 PM

Wasn't the whole Diablo concept started on here?

n2eg.jpg

#130 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

Wasn't the whole Diablo concept started on here?

It was, I am not one of the Diablo fans, but there seems to be a lot of bashing of the Diablo fans.  I am not a fan of that.  These guys are just trying to raise the atmosphere in the arena. 

I think the issue tho is when corporate tried to embrace it.  It would be better if they just let the fans themselves govern it. 

Posted Image

#131 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

Is Mazz one of the Diablos?

No. I'm just a fan, who sits the next section over (121) and wonders why fellow fans want our building to have the same noise equaliant of a funeral. (Not directly talking about you. Just a generalization.) Like if some fans are too embarassed to cheer, make noise or hear others make noise...stay home. That's my view about it.

I did however ask to move to the Diablo section next season. The only thing I might have a hard time doing is stand for every game. But constant cheering, noise making and having fun without being a bunch of drunk asshats the whole game? For 100 dollars a season ticket? That sounds like a great deal to me.

I really wish that the Crazies got as much hype as the Diablos. They seemed to be the whole "Diablo concept" before the Diablos ever existed. Why not just build off of them? The Diablos could have just been in 231 and we would have had two super loud sections. Unless the plan is to have a fan section in each area. (Upper, Mezz, lower)

However I very much doubt we see a "supporters section" in the lower bowl. Stiff city down there.

Edited by TheMazz, 02 December 2013 - 01:21 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#132 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

No. I'm just a fan, who sits the next section over (121) and wonders why fellow fans want our building to have the same noise equaliant of a funeral. (Not directly talking about you. Just a generalization.) Like if some fans are too embarassed to cheer, make noise or hear others make noise...stay home. That's my view about it.

I did however ask to move to the Diablo section next season. The only thing I might have a hard time doing is stand for every game. But constant cheering, noise making and having fun without being a bunch of drunk asshats the whole game? For 100 dollars a season ticket? That sounds like a great deal to me.

I really wish that the Crazies got as much hype as the Diablos. They seemed to be the whole "Diablo concept" before the Diablos ever existed. Why not just build off of them? The Diablos could have just been in 231 and we would have had two super loud sections. Unless the plan is to have a fan section in each area. (Upper, Mezz, lower)

However I very much doubt we see a "supporters section" in the lower bowl. Stiff city down there.

The vuvuzela is worse than a drunk asshat though. I get the whole bring some energy in, but please, appropriate timing is necessary. Do we need the same chant 5 times in 30 mins? No. Does that mean I'm opposed to noise? No. They would be fine if they were actually creative. Maybe they are, but the chants that weren't the Baumann chant or the Kill chant or LGD were incomprehensible even where I was a couple sections away.

And a supporter's section in the lower bowl would make those seats less valuable. I'd MUCH rather sit downstairs than in the upper level. Upstairs, there's a 50/50 chance I have to put up with a drunk a$$hole screaming all night.....at the LA game I went to, some guy in 208 did the Rangers suck whistle about 50 times.....to the point where my friend(a very casual fan) began to mock him for acting like a 4 year old all night. I'll admit my buddy was pretty drunk, which was likely why he even said anything, but that guy was ANNOYING.

At Wednesday's game, there was a guy with his kid in the goal bar section where my friend and I sat. The guy yelled all night at EVERYTHING. MARTTTTY WHATTTYA DOIN!!!!! MARRRRTTY GREAT SAVE!!!! GETTTTITTT OUTTA THE ZONEEEE!!!! SHOOOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!!!! All fvcking night. His kid was quiet, well behaved, fine. The Father...would not stfu. This is the same kind of level of annoying that the vuvuzelas and the diablos are.

The lower bowl is better in every way basically. More legroom, cupholders, better view Are there less people yelling randomly? Yes, but that doesn't=Not caring. In reality, it's that more families are downstairs so there's less incentive to yell like an idiot all night when your kids might just do the same to you on the ride home.

#133 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

Hey man, agree to disagree but I know that if I had kids and were at the game with my kid I'd do all I can to keep them into it and NOT quiet. (Again, not towards you. Just a generalization.)

However. Cue the following response(s) that I'm sure will follow!

n2eg.jpg

#134 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

Personally, I'd LOVE to see you a member of the Diablos. Why? Just to read your online comments when you're monitored for your behavior, having to stand the entire game and told what chants to do EVERY GAME by the people you love to hate. It'll make your grudge against families and children, the owners and the anti-YS/RR2 crowd pale in comparison. 

Edited by TheRedStorm, 02 December 2013 - 02:48 PM.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#135 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

The vuvuzela is worse than a drunk asshat though. I get the whole bring some energy in, but please, appropriate timing is necessary. Do we need the same chant 5 times in 30 mins? No. Does that mean I'm opposed to noise? No. They would be fine if they were actually creative. Maybe they are, but the chants that weren't the Baumann chant or the Kill chant or LGD were incomprehensible even where I was a couple sections away.

And a supporter's section in the lower bowl would make those seats less valuable. I'd MUCH rather sit downstairs than in the upper level. Upstairs, there's a 50/50 chance I have to put up with a drunk a$$hole screaming all night.....at the LA game I went to, some guy in 208 did the Rangers suck whistle about 50 times.....to the point where my friend(a very casual fan) began to mock him for acting like a 4 year old all night. I'll admit my buddy was pretty drunk, which was likely why he even said anything, but that guy was ANNOYING.

At Wednesday's game, there was a guy with his kid in the goal bar section where my friend and I sat. The guy yelled all night at EVERYTHING. MARTTTTY WHATTTYA DOIN!!!!! MARRRRTTY GREAT SAVE!!!! GETTTTITTT OUTTA THE ZONEEEE!!!! SHOOOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!!!! All fvcking night. His kid was quiet, well behaved, fine. The Father...would not stfu. This is the same kind of level of annoying that the vuvuzelas and the diablos are.

..I've gotta be honest..the only thought in my head after reading this is as follows:  Deal with it.

I'm sorry, I've got nothing against you personally, and sure, I bet those things would annoy me too, but they paid to be there, just like you did.  So long as they're not physically harming anyone or permanently scarring any innocent children by using the word "sucks", they're entitled to do whatever the hell they please.  No one needs to cater to anyone else's interests.

At this point, I'll take any noise during the games over the deadzone the CAA was during the majority of the regular season.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#136 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

Hey man, agree to disagree but I know that if I had kids and were at the game with my kid I'd do all I can to keep them into it and NOT quiet. (Again, not towards you. Just a generalization.)

However. Cue the following response(s) that I'm sure will follow!

No one is against energy, it's the unnecessary noise just for the sake of being loud that no one likes. Do I like that the Rock plays music? Yes. Do I like that it's so loud it rattles my brain? No.

Personally, I'd LOVE to see you a member of the Diablos. Why? Just to read your online comments when you're monitored for your behavior, having to stand the entire game and told what chants to do EVERY GAME by the people you love to hate. It'll make your grudge against families and children, the owners and the anti-YS/RR2 crowd pale in comparison. 

Is this really all that gets you through your day? The hope of being able to go "HA! GOTCHA!" to someone on the internet?

..I've gotta be honest..the only thought in my head after reading this is as follows:  Deal with it.

I'm sorry, I've got nothing against you personally, and sure, I bet those things would annoy me too, but they paid to be there, just like you did.  So long as they're not physically harming anyone or permanently scarring any innocent children by using the word "sucks", they're entitled to do whatever the hell they please.  No one needs to cater to anyone else's interests.

At this point, I'll take any noise during the games over the deadzone the CAA was during the majority of the regular season.

And I did. My point was to show what happens in the cheap seats. That wasn't really a cheap seat, but I'd put about $5000 on that guy having gotten those seats for free like I did. That's why the lower bowl is nicer: There's less unreasonably drunk people who spent 2X what they did on a ticket, on beer because these people actually paid money to watch the game, not just to have an excuse to get drunk.

#137 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

Is this really all that gets you through your day? The hope of being able to go "HA! GOTCHA!" to someone on the internet?

This coming from the kid who spends time bitching about vuvuzelas. Again.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#138 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

I have no grudge against anyone. This is a message board to express opinion. How is I can have a regular, thought out discussion with every other member on here besides you. Why do you just pick fights? If reading online comments and judging people gets you through your day then you REALLY need a life. No offense to you but you've been the complete stereotype of people I'm not satisfied with when I go to games. The "holier then thou" mentality of some people gets old and quite annoying after awhile.

I might have my side but that doesn't mean I'm not open to hearing other people's. I would expect most people to be similar. You know? Open-minded. Instead of being twats.

Edited by TheMazz, 02 December 2013 - 03:04 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#139 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

No one is against energy, it's the unnecessary noise just for the sake of being loud that no one likes. Do I like that the Rock plays music? Yes. Do I like that it's so loud it rattles my brain? No.

And I did. My point was to show what happens in the cheap seats. That wasn't really a cheap seat, but I'd put about $5000 on that guy having gotten those seats for free like I did. That's why the lower bowl is nicer: There's less unreasonably drunk people who spent 2X what they did on a ticket, on beer because these people actually paid money to watch the game, not just to have an excuse to get drunk.

The lower bowl is 100 times nicer than the upper.  Honestly the only place in the middle/uppers that is reasonable is the balcony side where the Devils shoot twice.

#140 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:06 PM

The lower bowl is 100 times nicer than the upper.  Honestly the only place in the middle/uppers that is reasonable is the balcony side where the Devils shoot twice.

Oh no doubt the lower bowl (while priced out the ass) is nicer. The best deal you can get is every pre-season on Stubhub, snag club seats for like 40-60 bucks.

But in my opinion it's a trade off. You are trading the ambiance and atmopshere of the upper bowl for the luxury of the lower (which will be much, much more quiet) Some people like that. Others don't. Honestly, as long as I'm in the building and cheering I could give two fvcks where I sit.

n2eg.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users