161 replies to this topic

#161 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,911 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

Why do young people always get blamed for things getting worse? No offense to you in particular, this is just something a lot of people do. I'm 23, I don't think I'm that old and I dislike the "college" atmosphere thing. While young people tend to be less considerate at times, older people aren't exactly blame free. Just sayin', ya know, screw you OLD MAN, lol jk.

LMAO at the bold there. That's how I feel about the vuvuzela. It felt like the guy was killing other organic LGD chants because he couldn't hear anything over his own plastic horn, so he was way out of sync with the rest of the arena.

Haha, I didn't mean to come off as youth-bashing. I'm not too much older than you (I'm 32, and trust me, that number doesn't feel as big when you get to it :giggle: )

I wasn't trying to blame younger people as much as I was just trying to point out that a younger crowd is more energetic and therefore more likely to be boisterous, drunk, cursing, etc. I didn't mean to blanket or pigeon hole all younger people, as I know not all of you are like that. And honestly, most of us in the slightly older crowd don't mind that stuff too much. It may not be our cup of tea, but you can't expect 16,000 people to be on the same page.

In fact, I was chatting with an older gentleman who sits near me (I'm guessing he's in his 60's) before the game Monday, and he said he hates that they took away 'you suck'. I'm paraphrasing, but he said something along the lines of "this is Jersey. Suck isn't that bad of a word. It's not like we were saying 'eat sh!t'. I said worse on the bus when I was a kid." 

I fall somewhere in the between. I may not be into the "vulgar" chants (and I use that term loosely), but I'm also not looking to tell anyone else what to say.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#162 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:16 PM

In fact, I was chatting with an older gentleman who sits near me (I'm guessing he's in his 60's) before the game Monday, and he said he hates that they took away 'you suck'. I'm paraphrasing, but he said something along the lines of "this is Jersey. Suck isn't that bad of a word. It's not like we were saying 'eat sh!t'. I said worse on the bus when I was a kid." 

Now THERE'S an idea!

"HEYYYY, EAT sh!t!"

:giggle:

Edited by Devilsfan118, 03 December 2013 - 01:16 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users