#1 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

http://www.nj.com/de...sson_on_ir.html

The Devils recalled forward Tim Sestito from Albany (AHL) Sunday and placed defenseman Adam Larsson on injured reserve retroactive to Nov. 23.

Larsson is sidelined with a lower body injury.

The recall of Sestito seemed to indicated that Ryan Carter will not make the trip to Montreal for Monday night's game against the Canadiens. Carter was hurt in a fight with Buffalo's Marcus Foligno Saturday night and suffered facial lacerations.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#2 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,266 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

He'll probably wind up scoring a goal or two, the way things have been going lately.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#3 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

Tim Sestito called up? sh!t's about to get real!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#4 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:18 PM

Oh god why?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#5 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

shoulda (somehow) kept olesz

Edited by lazer, 01 December 2013 - 08:52 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

Matteau is hot right now. Would have liked to see him called up instead of Timmy.
Posted Image

#7 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

Matteau is hot right now. Would have liked to see him called up instead of Timmy.

yeah..why Sestito ?

Edited by The 29th Pick, 01 December 2013 - 09:57 PM.

#8 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

It wouldn't be a season with the unnecessary Sestito call up.
Posted Image

#9 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

It's probably a one game or two game call up.  To that end, I'd rather leave someone like Matteau in Albany.  I just wish there were someone better than Tim Sestito that the Devils trusted to call up in this spot.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#10 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

Lets set Josefson up for success, he gets to play with Sestito and Jansssen again.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#11 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,194 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

It's probably a one game or two game call up.  To that end, I'd rather leave someone like Matteau in Albany.  I just wish there were someone better than Tim Sestito that the Devils trusted to call up in this spot.

It's too bad Timmins isn't healthy, he was off to a great start down there.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#12 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

It's too bad Timmins isn't healthy, he was off to a great start down there.

I don't think they would call him up in this spot either.  This is where they miss Olesz.

#13 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

Lets set Josefson up for success, he gets to play with Sestito and Jansssen again.

Poor kid is having a really rough time here. I look at a player like Zibanejad, who had extremely similar stats to Josefson in the SHL before entering the NHL, who is now becoming a very important part of the Senators' offense. He's spent some time playing with Ryan and Turris this season and is scoring a lot of goals. Of course there's the argument that Zibanejad's playing style is more suitable for the NHL, or that he blossomed later in his career, but I can't help but wonder where Josefson would be now if he had spent significant time playing with Parise, Kovalchuk, or Elias over the last few years.

It's time to give this kid a chance, Pete. He'll never get anywhere playing on the 4th line only, and he's definitely earned a shot playing with some talent.

#14 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:34 AM

Sestito seems like a Ryan Carter replacement. We obviously have tons of defence with Merrill playing well no point in bringing up Helgeson. I don't mind Sestito personally. Hopefully Carter's injury isn't a concussion.

Posted Image

#15 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:42 AM

unfortunately the only way to give the young guys (Iknow Sestito isn't that young) a chance to play on this team is when a veteran gets hurt...that's how Pete rolls

#16 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

Poor kid is having a really rough time here. I look at a player like Zibanejad, who had extremely similar stats to Josefson in the SHL before entering the NHL, who is now becoming a very important part of the Senators' offense. He's spent some time playing with Ryan and Turris this season and is scoring a lot of goals. Of course there's the argument that Zibanejad's playing style is more suitable for the NHL, or that he blossomed later in his career, but I can't help but wonder where Josefson would be now if he had spent significant time playing with Parise, Kovalchuk, or Elias over the last few years.

It's time to give this kid a chance, Pete. He'll never get anywhere playing on the 4th line only, and he's definitely earned a shot playing with some talent.

Zibanejad is a much better player than Josefson.  He's a shooter with a good shot.  Josefson's major deficiency is his shooting.

Josefson's top 3 forwards played with are David Clarkson, Alexei Ponikarovsky, and Ilya Kovalchuk.  I think the argument that he only plays with bad players ever is really exaggerated.  The reason why he didn't play with Parise and Elias was because he wasn't better than the players playing with those guys, or because he got hurt.  I don't think he's better than Elias, Loktionov, Zajac, or Henrique, and those are the 4 guys above him right now.

#17 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

was just odd jj played all 6 preseason games and then sat for about 20 or so.

still had olesz for that time he sat but that had nothing to do with it.

just guessing carter is not concussed cause he got it on the button; hard to get concussed if he got caught on the jaw.

Posted Image

#18 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

was just odd jj played all 6 preseason games and then sat for about 20 or so.

still had olesz for that time he sat but that had nothing to do with it.

just guessing carter is not concussed cause he got it on the button; hard to get concussed if he got caught on the jaw.

Not really. Pretty easy to get concussed no matter where you get hit in the head. Your brain is literally just floating around in there. I don't think you drop like that when it's just cause your jaw hurts. I mean, that's what mouth guards are for, right? To cushion blows that might harm the brain by giving you room to bite onto something to dissipate the force of impact.

Not to mention punching someone on the chin/jaw would provide more rotational force than a blow just about anywhere else on the head/face.

Edited by ATLL765, 02 December 2013 - 06:05 PM.

#19 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

Who got hurt when we called up Hegelson? Was it Cam? What's up with that? A forward gets hurt, we call up a D-man, a D-man gets hurt, we call up a forward. Is it just a matter of getting these guys some NHL experience? Why not some Pesonen then?

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#20 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

Who got hurt when we called up Hegelson? Was it Cam? What's up with that? A forward gets hurt, we call up a D-man, a D-man gets hurt, we call up a forward. Is it just a matter of getting these guys some NHL experience? Why not some Pesonen then?

Helgeson got called up when Larsson got hurt and they weren't sure if volchenkov and Gelinas would both be ok to go.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users