247 replies to this topic

#221 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

Pretty much how the final 2 minutes went last night...

Stage%20Collapse.gif

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#222 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

Maybe Marty makes that glove side shot save in the shootout, but it's no guarantee.  The Desharnais goal was a great move.  The guy is 50% in the shootout.  Blaming Schneider in the shootout is dumb.

Get outta here man. The Desharnais goal was AWFUL. Could have driven a Mack truck through that 5-hole.

#223 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

Stage%20Collapse.gif

I'd hate to see the equivalent video of the infamous Carolina Game 7...

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#224 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:06 PM

I'm not worried one bit. By the way they've played in the past 22 games, I have no doubt they'll be in the playoffs.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#225 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

If you dont walk away with points you don't make the playoffs, did you not watch last year? Playing well needs to equate to winning games. Obviously 2 games don't make or break the season, these were very disheartening losses to say the least. We played well enough to get at least 3, probably deserved 4, we came away with 1.

#226 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

If you dont walk away with points you don't make the playoffs, did you not watch last year? Playing well needs to equate to winning games. Obviously 2 games don't make or break the season, these were very disheartening losses to say the least. We played well enough to get at least 3, probably deserved 4, we came away with 1.

Relax... We're tied for a playoff spot right now against teams that have not been playing anywhere near as well or consistently as we have.

#227 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

I'm not worried one bit. By the way they've played in the past 22 games, I have no doubt they'll be in the playoffs.

I generally agree and I always say I'm optimistic but you can't get around the fact that these are points we should be picking up. God forbid someone like jagr gets injured and/or our play does take a slump in the future then we could be in real trouble and looking back in games like these...

Edited by dmann422, 05 December 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#228 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

Relax... We're tied for a playoff spot right now against teams that have not been playing anywhere near as well or consistently as we have.

we're in a playoffs spot simply cause our division is the worst in the league though. 

www.SterioDesign.com

#229 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

Yep, it sucked.  When you get the 'what should've been the game-winning goal' at 18:54, it's a real letdown that Schneider gets beaten 29 seconds later...

That's the reason why I'm down on #35 today....It's not blaming him for the loss but just being really bummed that he has yet to get over the hump to start taking the # 1 job

The slump we're all feeling after last night is so different from his recent numbers  (3-1-2, 1.28 GAA, .945 SV% in last 6 GPI)  which are terrific.

So yeah, he's playing great and it will eventually translate into our expectations from last June's Draft Day...

Edited by BlueSkirt, 05 December 2013 - 12:54 PM.

#230 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:51 PM

Yep, it sucked.  When you get the 'what should've been the game-winning goal' at 18:54, it's a real letdown that Schneider gets beaten 29 seconds later...

That's the reason why I'm down on #35 today....It's not blaming him for the loss but just being really bummed that he has yet to get over the hump to start taking the # 1 job

He's really not getting the breaks right now. Can't blame him for the goals, at least in regulation, deflections are tough to stop. Agree that I really would like to see him take the #1 spot and keep it.

#231 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

This isn't really fair.  For one, Schneider got hurt.  For another, Marty got hot, and I thought the Devils were right to ride him out.  That delayed Schneider grabbing the #1 job, through no real fault of his own. 

Now, it looks like he's going to.  Not sure how you get down on him about yesterday, unless you want to pick on him about the shootout (not the route I'm going). 

The numbers are there:  1.81 GAA, .925 save%.  He's gotten some lousy goal support. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#232 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

I'm really surprised - Olivier Bouchard over at Eyes on the Prize, the SBNation blog for the Canadiens, has this game with 27 scoring chances for NJ, 13 for Montreal (Alas it's in French, but from what I can gather Olivier is quite impressed with the Devils overall).  I did not think this game was that lopsided at all.

Edited by Triumph, 05 December 2013 - 01:09 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#233 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

I'm really surprised - Olivier Bouchard over at Eyes on the Prize, the SBNation blog for the Canadiens, has this game with 27 scoring chances for NJ, 13 for Montreal (Alas it's in French, but from what I can gather Olivier is quite impressed with the Devils overall).  I did not think this game was that lopsided at all.

I thought it was. The shot totals were close but I thought we had a ton more scoring chances, which I'm not pleased to see is true.

#234 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,599 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:49 PM

The Devils powerplay seemed a lot more effective at generating decent scoring chances than the Canadians'.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#235 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

well geez Tri, just ask your best bud frenchy here for translation.

he's mostly saying that most Habs players we're overwhelm and having bad games. Even if they did something that led to a goal that for the rest of the games they were mostly bad and that the Devils dominated them by a wide margin.

www.SterioDesign.com

#236 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

well geez Tri, just ask your best bud frenchy here for translation.

he's mostly saying that most Habs players we're overwhelm and having bad games. Even if they did something that led to a goal that for the rest of the games they were mostly bad and that the Devils dominated them by a wide margin.

Haha, I know French well enough to get the gist of what he's saying.  He said that Markov and Subban being even against NJ shows what a good team NJ really is.

I really thought Emelin struggled in these two games.  I was impressed with him in the past but the Devils really made life tough on him.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#237 Namelesz

Namelesz

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

Stage%20Collapse.gif

OK this had me laugh really loud here at work! Got a few ppl checkin on me now, hahahaahaha!!!!!

and yes this perfectly sums up those last 2 minutes. I was just done high fiving the people around me when I saw Elias get tripped and that third Hab goal go in....sucked the life right out!

#238 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

quick question...

for Boucher's goal in SO... first game, first SO, scored but team lost...do you think he kept the puck or something? somewhat anticlimatic and the goal doesnt really count so

www.SterioDesign.com

#239 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:19 PM

quick question...

for Boucher's goal in SO... first game, first SO, scored but team lost...do you think he kept the puck or something? somewhat anticlimatic and the goal doesnt really count so

I believe I saw on TG's blog a fan at the game saw Ryder get the puck for his first assist but idk about the so goal, it's not really a goal.

Plus maybe the devils organization would want to keep that puck since it's the first SO goal they scored in nearly a year.

#240 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

OK this had me laugh really loud here at work! Got a few ppl checkin on me now, hahahaahaha!!!!!

and yes this perfectly sums up those last 2 minutes. I was just done high fiving the people around me when I saw Elias get tripped and that third Hab goal go in....sucked the life right out!

Haha glad you enjoyed that.. Saw someone post it as just a random funny video, but to me it seemed like a great visual metaphor

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users