247 replies to this topic

#41 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

I don't mean to be a buzzkill, because I really do hope Reid can do some damage at the NHL level, but it really bothers me that Josefson is the one that gets scratched because of this. If anyone, Josefson is the guy who deserves a chance playing in the top 6 this year. I don't know what it is about DeBoer, but it really seems like he won't give some players the opportunities they deserve.

#42 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

Seems encouraging.  I wonder whether there was a dead-puck era in the AHL that closely tracked when it started in the NHL. 

Tedenby is basically dead weight at this point.  So I could even live with Janssen being in over him.  The chances that Janssen getting into a fight that sparks the team is about the same, if not greater, then Tedenby actually scoring a goal. 

i was more dissapointed with Loktianov sitting, although i still feel Tednby can improve if given the chance. What is Sestito going to bring?

Quote of the month:

Boucher said Lamoriello told him "remember there's two zones." Elias pointed out "there's three."

Amazing

Actually this is why I love patty ...

@TGfireandice: Elias on Boucher: "Let’s not put pressure on him. We just need a hat trick. That’s all.”

Double Amazing

I don't mean to be a buzzkill, because I really do hope Reid can do some damage at the NHL level, but it really bothers me that Josefson is the one that gets scratched because of this. If anyone, Josefson is the guy who deserves a chance playing in the top 6 this year. I don't know what it is about DeBoer, but it really seems like he won't give some players the opportunities they deserve.

He isnt scratched, he is playing that vital role of player on the 4th line who can play hockey.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#43 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,047 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

And he's still running Janssen and Sestito out there. It's really inexplicable. There aren't two more useless hockey players on planet earth than Can Janssen and Tim Sestito.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#44 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,545 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

I don't really see what Josefson has done to merit a role in the top 6.  Playing, sure (although those territorial numbers are kinda ugly, and they're not Cam Janssen's fault either).  Top 6?  Josefson hasn't demonstrated the offensive ability for that.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#45 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

And he's still running Janssen and Sestito out there. It's really inexplicable. There aren't two more useless hockey players on planet earth than Can Janssen and Tim Sestito.

yes there are but they don't play for the Devils anymore

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#46 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

Eric Boulton!

#47 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:51 PM

I'm confused as to why anyone sticks up for Josefson or Tedenby.
They just take up space.

I miss Parise. 

#48 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

They just take up space.

They take up space where they should. Not in the top 6. :)

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#49 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

Josefson looked so good for a while there, too.  Really had high hopes for him to become a solid 3C / 2C when necessary.  Now it's looking like he might not even stick on a 4th line.

And yeah, Tedenby's pretty useless.  Two first round busts, oh well.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#50 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

Wow, im really surprised. Really happy for him and excited to see him play.

www.SterioDesign.com

#51 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

Generally, I agree with you.  But John Scott and Douglas Murray say hi!

Posted Image

#52 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:21 PM

They just take up space.

Disagree on Josefson. I don't think it's a coincidence that the PK has been better with JJ on it than Gio. Teds I can take or leave.

Edited by PWW, 04 December 2013 - 01:22 PM.

believe-devs.jpg

#53 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

Disagree on Josefson. I don't think it's a coincidence that the PK has been better with JJ on it than Gio. Teds I can take or leave.

yeah I think josefson has looked solid in his limited minutes despite playing with rocks in either side of him.

If lokti isn't in jj deserves some 3rd line minutes.

#54 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

The chances that Janssen getting into a fight that sparks the team is about the same, if not greater, then Tedenby actually scoring a goal. 

The notion that a fight between two players, one from each team, can somehow be used to spark *your* team to perform better is so completely absurd it boggles the mind.

Posted Image

#55 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,716 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

Generally, I agree with you.  But John Scott and Douglas Murray say hi!

So would Andrew Peters if his jersey wasn't still stuck over his head...

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#56 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,716 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

The notion that a fight between two players, one from each team, can somehow be used to spark *your* team to perform better is so completely absurd it boggles the mind.

You'd be surprised. Non-staged fights that result from things coming to a head in a game can have a real rallying effect on a team. It can also serve as a 'release valve' if things are getting too chippy.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#57 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:49 PM

Poor Albany.

#58 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

The point was to emphasize that Tedenby is useless, not that sparking a team is real or not. 

Someone tried to quantify the pumping up effect, and found there was no corolation, for what it's worth.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#59 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,545 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

You'd be surprised. Non-staged fights that result from things coming to a head in a game can have a real rallying effect on a team. It can also serve as a 'release valve' if things are getting too chippy.

The idea is that since both teams are involved in the fight, it's not possible for both teams to benefit from it.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#60 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:54 PM

Let's Go Devils!

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users