247 replies to this topic

#161 Lemieux16

Lemieux16

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

Cory looks horrible. This is a damn shame. They played well and gave him goal support. Happy for Reid. Looked good out there

#162 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Entertaining final period. The Devils deserved the extra point, but unfortunately no Devil goalie has been capable of stopping a shot on the shootout in over a year. Have to admit when Boucher scored I thought we had it. Sucks to see Schneider go all Brodeur on us late in the game.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#163 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Pretty bad SO Cory

#164 Lemieux16

Lemieux16

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Cory looks horrible. This is a damn shame. They played well and gave him goal support. Happy for Reid. Looked good out there

#165 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

Should not have lost this one is on Corey sorry.

Bingo. U wanna complain to the media back it up with the play. If u can't shut up and ride the pine pony mr. Schneider

#166 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Very bad loss against these annoying fvcks. I don't care about the point. The Devils deserved to win both games and squandered a big opportunity as usual. Good for Boucher, he better stay up.

I miss Parise. 

#167 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

For once I agree with you and feel we aren't alone, really should have won this game.

Should not have lost this one is on Corey sorry.

#168 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

You take the point I guess.. But they needed two here. They also needed Cory to make a stop. I want to be on his bandwagon so badly but he's making it difficult.

He was fighting the puck all night, I get it, it happens. But for Christ sake, when you get goal support you need to make a stop.

On a positive note, loved PDB going with boucher, and I love that he scored. Feel good moment of the night

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#169 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,772 posts

Stop using fvcking Zajac in the shootout. Please.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#170 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Absolutely pathetic. It takes a kid from Albany with scorers hands to finally get them a goal and off on the right foot and CS gets beaten like a rented mule twice like he was frozen stiff.

#171 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

That game is really on henrique tho, his turnovers led directlt to goals

www.SterioDesign.com

#172 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

Stop using fvcking Zajac in the shootout. Please.

Yeah whatever swagger he had in the SOs has clearly left him. He's got one move, and he misses it every time.

You also know patty's feeling the pressure and struggling when he goes the Patrick Kane route in the shootouts.. Yikes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#173 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

It's good to see the offense picking up a little. Once we get that AND the goaltending, we should look good. The kids are looking solid. Lou may be making some moves in December or January if everyone gets good and healthy.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#174 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

This is the Devils 7th straight shootout loss

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#175 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

Inexcusable loss. If it's one thing it's another.  

#176 Rogan The Goat

Rogan The Goat

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

Fvck you guys for blaming Cory what kind of fans are you? The guy got us to overtime holy sh!t.

I agree that he could have had a better shootout but sh!t he went out there and played great.

If you honestly thing that was a bad game from him then your hockey IQ us extremely low. Start taking positives out of a game instead of finding something negative to take out.

#177 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

Same story as game 1 vs them. Canadians seem to be good AND lucky, which is tough to beat. In general we seem to be average and unlucky.

That takedown by Subban on Elias was a garbage no call. He needs to be put in his place.

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#178 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Dbl post

Edited by dmann422, 04 December 2013 - 09:57 PM.

#179 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Henrique signs this big contract and isn't out on the shoutout?
And why not Jagr? Am I missing something.
Zajac ..I really don't know what the hell to say about this dude...please in all seriousness someone fill me in on what this dude does..for the money he's making he does nothing in my opinion.
God I am angry. I can't believe we just lost to these douche bags again and their sh!tty back up.

Edited by BigZ, 04 December 2013 - 10:03 PM.

I miss Parise. 

#180 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

For all the complaining Deboer gets, I'll give him this... He's used Merrill, Gelinas, and Boucher in very important situations late in games the last few games. It's gotta be good for their confidence.

Took him long enough in Boucher's case, he played 7 1/2 minutes in the first two periods and was benched for much of the second period after creating a two-on-one with Ryder. As soon as he created Ryder's goal I was like 'yeah, let's see you bench him now Pete you ****'

And 7 encapsulated my feelings well about the shootout, I thought this was our night too when Boucher scored, until Cory's first **** goal took the air out of the building. We could get Yann Danis to play shootouts like that.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users