70 replies to this topic

#21 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

It actually clearly tells you on the pre-preview video to not use your cell phone or talk or disturb the people around you, at just about every movie theater since the 50s.

So then you agree that we should then be adhearing to the code of conduct that is both printed on every ticket and announced before every period then?

#22 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:49 PM

Loud and boisterous, yes.  I (and many others) don't want to deal with the drunk loudmouth sitting behind be dropping f-bombs all night.

Tell ya what, I'll come with you to a movie and talk through the whole thing, maybe even use my cell phone.  Because I paid for my ticket, I'll do what I want.  It doesn't say on the ticket "no talking," and it's not ruining MY experience.

I will add, it's up to everybody's discretion. If you bring your kids to the game, it's more than socially acceptable to ask the drunk kids in the row behind you to tone down the language. I don't think I've ever seen one person put in that situation who reacted unreasonably to a request like that. The drunkest most offensive people even respect a parent asking them nicely to tone it down. None of this tattle tale, text the usher, talk to security, bullcrap.

#23 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:49 PM

It actually clearly tells you on the pre-preview video to not use your cell phone or talk or disturb the people around you, at just about every movie theater since the 50s.

Screw them.  That's not in writing on the ticket, I do what I want. 

Same with the ticket for a sporting event.  I paid my $80, I'll curse, flip off fans, taunt, fight, and make the experience miserable for everyone else.

Hey everyone, let's do a chant about a team swallowing!!!  WE'RE AWESOME!!!!

#24 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

So then you agree that we should then be adhearing to the code of conduct that is both printed on every ticket and announced before every period then?

Technically, you CAN get (and people have gotten) thrown out for yelling the F-bomb all night. I'm addressing the later part in his post where he would kick out "Rangers suck! Flyers swallow!" chanters because it offends him. Talk about entitled.

#25 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

I have to say that I have had my experience partially ruined at a game due to other fans being too obnoxious, but I wouldn't like anything like this. It sets a dangerous precedent. Then you have to ask, "what's next?".

No booing the players, cause it hurts their feelings?

Don't chat players names, it is demeaning and/or puts too much stress on them to preform at a certain level

No heckling Marty/Henrik chants

Never make eye contact with a player, coach, or referee

Lameness. These are professional sporting events, not toddlers in tiaras.

815631765.gif

#26 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

It's great when they make your point FOR you.

#27 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

Translation of this card:   Those of you in the "entitlement crowd" who feel it's my RIGHT to do what I want, when I want, even if it's at the expense of other fans....GTFO.  

I'd give these out to everyone doing the stupid Rangers/Flyers/Crosby chant.  Actually, they should just eject them without a warning.

I didn't know we were 10 years old and in elementary school. How about we all get lollipops for behaving well!

n2eg.jpg

#28 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

It's great when they make your point FOR you.

In your world, we should set up a "time out" area or a swear jar for all the "entitled" because your virgin ears can't handle a "Rangers sucks! Flyers swallow!" chant, right? You don't like it, so you feel entitled to tell a whole arena to put a stop to a relatively harmless chant? Who's entitled?

Edited by DJ Eco, 05 December 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#29 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

Technically, you CAN get (and people have gotten) thrown out for yelling the F-bomb all night. I'm addressing the later part in his post where he would kick out "Rangers suck! Flyers swallow!" chanters because it offends him. Talk about entitled.

Your last two sentences are the definition of both irony and stupidity.  Great job.  No one can help you.  

Edited by Z-Man, 05 December 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#30 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

Oh look, this thread.  AGAIN.  fvck guys, this is such a beat to death topic, can we just NOT do this sh!t again.  It's clear:  There are some on one side, and some on the other.  You people are literally bringing NOTHING new to the conversation.  Those of us that wish to chant and be rowdy, do so until someone throws you out.  Those of us who would rather sit there and do nothing all night, fine, power to you, go ahead.  

Sidebar:  Comparing a movie theatre and a grocery store to a sporting event.  Hahaha I mean honestly, have we really gotten to that point

Edited by Devilsfan118, 05 December 2013 - 02:58 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#31 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

Your last two sentences are the definition of both irony and stupidity.  Great job.  No one can help you.  

You clearly don't know what "irony" or "entitled" means, good job!

#32 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

Kind of OT but apparently if you curse at the ref while playing NBA2K14 on the Xbox One or PS4 they'll give you a technical foul because the microphone on the Kinect and PS4 controller can pick it up.

Edited by Jerzey Devil, 05 December 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#33 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

Good to see the 'ignore user' feature is still working...thankfully.

Too bad we don't have that at the arena.

#34 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

And that phrase is obscene.  Want to prove that it is?  How about find an 8 year old and explain the exact meaning behind it including what the suck and swallow part means in particular. If you can't or feel weird, then yeah it is probably obscene.

#35 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

And that phrase is obscene.  Want to prove that it is?  How about find an 8 year old and explain the exact meaning behind it including what the suck and swallow part means in particular. If you can't or feel weird, then yeah it is probably obscene.

It's a good thing we're not at Disney On Ice, we're at a hockey game where 98% of the arena are at least 15 and over.

Good to see the 'ignore user' feature is still working...thankfully.

Too bad we don't have that at the arena.

Only person hurling any sort of insult toward anybody was you, good work buddy.

#36 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:06 PM

It's about being smart. Going to sporting events is like a rite of passage. I remember being 5-6 and hearing foul language. It's the nature of the beast. You hear things, you learn about it, and if you have good parents they'll tell you not to repeat things you hear or you'll get a spanking (if we really want to get heated, this is a good argument).

Now being a 20 something on the other side of the coin, there's a responsibility not to look like a fycking moron in the place. I always take a good look around during the game making sure there aren't kids around. When they are, you try and set an example and keep it respectful. F bombs I front of children are just classless. I'll heckle teams and players , part of that is the fun of being at the arena. But people need to use common sense. I wouldn't want to be swearing up a storm in front of CRs daughter or anything but I don't think any parent brings a child to game without expecting to hear some foul language. Morale of the story: use some fvcking common sense

#37 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

It's about being smart. Going to sporting events is like a rite of passage. I remember being 5-6 and hearing foul language. It's the nature of the beast. You hear things, you learn about it, and if you have good parents they'll tell you not to repeat things you hear or you'll get a spanking (if we really want to get heated, this is a good argument).

Now being a 20 something on the other side of the coin, there's a responsibility not to look like a fycking moron in the place. I always take a good look around during the game making sure there aren't kids around. When they are, you try and set an example and keep it respectful. F bombs I front of children are just classless. I'll heckle teams and players , part of that is the fun of being at the arena. But people need to use common sense. I wouldn't want to be swearing up a storm in front of CRs daughter or anything but I don't think any parent brings a child to game without expecting to hear some foul language. Morale of the story: use some fvcking common sense

:clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:

#38 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

It's a good thing we're not at Disney On Ice, we're at a hockey game where 98% of the arena are at least 15 and over.

Only person hurling any sort of insult toward anybody was you, good work buddy.

That explains a lot of your views on this.  Believe me, there are a lot more families with younger kids at games than you think or apparently notice.

#39 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

That explains a lot of your views on this. Believe me, there are a lot more families with younger kids at games than you think or apparently notice.

Obviously he's the only one that matters. We should all recognize that.

This is the product of everyone getting a trophy, win or lose.

#40 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,855 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

That's what I think the card is all about.  It's a reminder to people to just use common sense.  However, a good chunk of people believe that the price of admission pretty much allows them to leave common sense at the door.  I don't want a quiet arena but I don't want an arena full of classless jerks around either.  It just seems the latter group has grown a lot larger, especially the last 7-10 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users