70 replies to this topic

#61 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:32 PM

I don't appreciate your support of potato rape.

You are right, potatoes have feelings too, and not all of them have thick skins. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#62 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

look at the hockey boards left up haha

Posted Image

#63 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

You are right, potatoes have feelings too, and not all of them have thick skins. 

4623d1270044421-thinkway-toy-story-colle

Posted Image

#64 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

There will be no spud shaming on this board.

#65 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

Can we shame sweet potatoes?

Edited by TheMazz, 05 December 2013 - 06:03 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#66 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:07 PM

4623d1270044421-thinkway-toy-story-colle

maybe we can use him in the shootout.

#67 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

redcard.jpg

n2eg.jpg

#68 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

And I am not trying to bust your chops here, but I have seen people ask others to keep it down as well and the response they get is the guy either giving them the finger, threatening to beat them up, or at best ignore the request even with children.

That goes without saying. Every team is always going to have their share of drunken mouth breathing fans. There's no possible way to eliminate that.

#69 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

I will add, it's up to everybody's discretion. If you bring your kids to the game, it's more than socially acceptable to ask the drunk kids in the row behind you to tone down the language. I don't think I've ever seen one person put in that situation who reacted unreasonably to a request like that. The drunkest most offensive people even respect a parent asking them nicely to tone it down. None of this tattle tale, text the usher, talk to security, bullcrap.

This, it amazes me how afraid people are to confront someone when place in a situation like this, yet they'll sit there and complain all night and sulk about a ruined night. I've literally watched it happen. The only time I'll ever involve security or anyone else is once I at least ask the person to cut the crap. Don't know why everyone doesn't do the same.

believe-devs.jpg

#70 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

Can we shame sweet potatoes?

I know I do, every chance I get.  I mean, look at em..all smug like, thinking they're better than regular potatoes..they're not, I tell ya!

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#71 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

I know I do, every chance I get.  I mean, look at em..all smug like, thinking they're better than regular potatoes..they're not, I tell ya!

Look, sweet potatoes, with the way they look at night, they ask for it, how is one not supposed to rape potatoes when they look like that.....DAMMIT, I broke my rule.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users