Photo

Site for buying photo-match pics of your gameworn jerseys?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hoekster316

hoekster316

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

I wanted to display my gameworn jerseys with photomatched pics. I found a bunch of awesome images at Getty Images (because they have photos from pretty much every game for every sport) but discovered that the cheapest they'd cost, for individual use only, was $218 per image!!!!!

Does anyone know of a site that sells player photos and has a wide selection to choose from? Or does anyone know how to buy photos from Getty Images at a huge discount?

Got Bling?

Devils3SCRingsSignature.jpg

#2 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

I too was trying to do the same thing.. best solution I came up with was to find the image maybe threw google save it go to cvs.com and send it to them to be printed out. Just make sure the resolution is high enough or it will come out blurry.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#3 hoekster316

hoekster316

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

I too was trying to do the same thing.. best solution I came up with was to find the image maybe threw google save it go to cvs.com and send it to them to be printed out. Just make sure the resolution is high enough or it will come out blurry.

That's what I think I'll end up having to do. Might take some searching to get a high res version though. Still can't believe how much Getty Images wants - I just want an 8x10 and no way in hell I'm paying $218 for it!

Got Bling?

Devils3SCRingsSignature.jpg

#4 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

yea I tried calling them a while back because I couldn't figure out how to get a picture from them not realizing that their images are not intended for personal type of use like what we are looking for.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#5 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,359 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

I have a decent amount of high res images from the past 5 years or so

If you want to send me a photo of your jersey, or rough time frame when it was worn I can see if I have any matches.  Can't promise anything, but I will try

3devilscups@gmail.com

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users