58 replies to this topic

#41 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

Should have but didnt. They have no receivers. Wilson ups there medicore ones. Home or away this team is a major threat in any form. And san Fran is my team. Yeah they lost two rd games. Wow. There isnt many teams that csn beat seattle home or away. Outside of san Fran denver possibly the pats. Not really.

#42 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,790 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

Should have but didnt. They have no receivers. Wilson ups there medicore ones. Home or away this team is a major threat in any form. And san Fran is my team. Yeah they lost two rd games. Wow. There isnt many teams that csn beat seattle home or away. Outside of san Fran denver possibly the pats. Not really.

The Saints would beat them in NOLA.

Otherwise, against a good team on the road, it's a 50/50 proposition that they win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#43 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

Saint. Thats a toss up completely. Carolina has a chance tonight. Like I said. Seattle on the road or home is very dangerous.

#44 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

How about my Ravens!
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#45 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:45 PM

Carolina blew it.

#46 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

Carolina blew it.

if you mean totally got their asses kicked and couldn't beat the Saints in one of the toughest buildings in football to win in....sure!

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#47 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

They'll most apt win the next one at Home. Should be interesting.

if you mean totally got their asses kicked and couldn't beat the Saints in one of the toughest buildings in football to win in....sure!

#48 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:46 AM

How about my Ravens!

Talk to me when your team shows the ability to win a big road game.  I've never been a big believer in home-field wonders.  I think the Ravens will take NE at home to go 8-0 there, so there's 8 wins on the season, but I really need to see the Ravens win one out of two against Detroit and Cincy...funny thing is, they can lose both of games and still get in (they ARE in terrific position, as far as tiebreakers go), as long as they beat NE.  NE actually has a lot to say about the Ravens' chances...they play Miami this week, and the Ravens the following week. 

Flacco's been in Average Joe mode for much of this season, but he has shown that he can win playoff games (at home AND on the road against favored teams...nine wins total), so it wouldn't surprise me, if the Ravens get in, if he kicked it up a notch or two. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#49 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:20 AM

Not to mention the amount of times the Vikings scored TDs in those last few minutes....I'd hardly be thumping my chest about that team and more donating buckets of cash to the sports Gods for bailing my awful team out of that game....geesh!

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#50 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

Saints did what they always do at home, but I thought Rivera coached like the old Rivera. He was scared sh!tless. He said before the game that field goals don't win games against the Saints. I thought he learned that field goals don't win you games period in this league....and definitely not against the Saints. Up 3-0 and 4th and goal on the 5...you can't kick a field goal. You have to try and jump them and go up 10. Down 21-6 on the opening drive to the start the 3rd and have 4th and 4 at the 30. You have to try and score there and not attempt a field goal.

The play calling was conservative as sh!t. The Panthers know the saints and have played 4 better games against them in the Cam-Rivera era. How they came with that game plan is beyond me.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#51 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

You realize I was being sarcastic, right? We are a .500 team at best, we are in the hunt only because there are no great teams anymore.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#52 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:20 AM

You realize I was being sarcastic, right? We are a .500 team at best, we are in the hunt only because there are no great teams anymore.

C'mon, you are NOT being sarcastic...and I don't think you should be, either.  Ravens have won three in a row to force themselves into the driver's seat for the #6 seed, and as we've seen, being a low seed and having to play an extra game (or having to play every playoff game on the road) isn't that big a deal anymore.  Sometimes it's about getting hot at the right time...if the Ravens get in with a 9-7 record, but have won 6 out of their last 7 (and coming off a Super Bowl win of course), suffice it to say a lot of teams are going to be afraid of them. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#53 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,790 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:06 AM

C'mon, you are NOT being sarcastic...and I don't think you should be, either. Ravens have won three in a row to force themselves into the driver's seat for the #6 seed, and as we've seen, being a low seed and having to play an extra game (or having to play every playoff game on the road) isn't that big a deal anymore. Sometimes it's about getting hot at the right time...if the Ravens get in with a 9-7 record, but have won 6 out of their last 7 (and coming off a Super Bowl win of course), suffice it to say a lot of teams are going to be afraid of them.

This AFC seems a lot like those NFC playoffs when the Giants won its past two Super Bowls. While Denver is clearly the class of the conference, if Manning has one of his cold weather days, the conference is wide open. Miami, a sixth seed if they're in, has beaten the Bengals and the Colts, lost by a field goal to the Ravens, and can beat a Patriots team without Gronk.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#54 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

Denver is very vulnerable with that defense, and Manning's very meh playoff history.  Any team can get picked off in the AFC. 

#30 FOREVER!

#55 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,790 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

Denver is very vulnerable with that defense, and Manning's very meh playoff history. Any team can get picked off in the AFC.

Anyone can beat anyone of course. Maybe I'm looking at it from the Dolohins perspective though when I say that Manning would tear the Dolphins D apart, playoffs or no playoffs, clutch or otherwise. All of the other teams are very beatable.

Posted Image

#56 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

C'mon, you are NOT being sarcastic...and I don't think you should be, either. Ravens have won three in a row to force themselves into the driver's seat for the #6 seed, and as we've seen, being a low seed and having to play an extra game (or having to play every playoff game on the road) isn't that big a deal anymore. Sometimes it's about getting hot at the right time...if the Ravens get in with a 9-7 record, but have won 6 out of their last 7 (and coming off a Super Bowl win of course), suffice it to say a lot of teams are going to be afraid of them.

I am totally being sarcastic, we are barely beating teams we would have crushed a year ago. Our defense is still unsettled, our O-line is a concern, our running game is non-existent going into the post season when you need it the most. The only saving grace is that Flacco will keep us in every game and our inexperienced WR are starting to learn how to read a defense and get in sync with our QB. We are in the hunt because none of the teams can play consistent week-to-week.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#57 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

Anyone can beat anyone of course. Maybe I'm looking at it from the Dolohins perspective though when I say that Manning would tear the Dolphins D apart, playoffs or no playoffs, clutch or otherwise. All of the other teams are very beatable.

The NFL playoffs are fun because it's single elimination.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#58 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

Watch out for san Fran::P

The NFL playoffs are fun because it's single elimination.

#59 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:16 AM

I am totally being sarcastic, we are barely beating teams we would have crushed a year ago. Our defense is still unsettled, our O-line is a concern, our running game is non-existent going into the post season when you need it the most. The only saving grace is that Flacco will keep us in every game and our inexperienced WR are starting to learn how to read a defense and get in sync with our QB. We are in the hunt because none of the teams can play consistent week-to-week.

Just get to the dance.  That's all you have to do in the NFL, as far as the playoffs go.  Anything can happen once you get there.  Not like Baltimore put up an awesome regular-season record last year...they were 10-6 and a #4 seed.  The bad road record is a concern in 2013, but the Ravens have shown they can win road playoff games, so that might not even factor in.  Your team is also well-coached (he has no trouble outcoaching the Genius).  There's reasons for optimism.   

#30 FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users