48 replies to this topic

#21 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

You guys tards? IE 11 is not an old browser. You must have heard some wanna be geek say chrome and FF were better. I've used them all and I still prefer IE. Chrome is a mess.

lol I knew there were console wars but never heard of browser wars... Tbh I use IE at work and rarely have problems but use Firefox on my personal computers.

#22 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

Guys, let's chat about IE on ICQ while I work on my Geocities page. Are any of you on Friendster?

believe-devs.jpg

#23 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

Guys, let's chat about IE on ICQ while I work on my Geocities page. Are any of you on Friendster?

I can't chat now I'm stuck fording the river on Oregon trail. And then after that I need to figure out how to build power lines in sim city.

#24 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

I'm on ICQ! My ICQ number is 199795937698. I think. Or was it 199795937699? I can't remember. 

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#25 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,036 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

I can't chat now I'm stuck fording the river on Oregon trail. And then after that I need to figure out how to build power lines in sim city.

Only after using the cheats to unlock the Great White Shark in Odell Down Under and eating everything in existence.

Ah..childhood..

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#26 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

IDDQD IDSPISPOPD IDCLIP...and of course.. IDCHOPPERS!

46dZFIU.png

Edited by Legion15, 06 December 2013 - 05:24 PM.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#27 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

No, but FF is totally better and the joke is that IE hasn't been a worthwhile browser in at least a decade. They're gonna have to put out at least 3-4 quality versions of IE before anyone even wants to try it again.

What's it like being wrong all the time?
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#28 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

IE hates the internet; another example of one guy saying boo about everbody else.

Posted Image

#29 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

Internet explorer.

And it's awful, slow, and a memory hog.  Still.  

Deny it and I assume you're over 60 years old.

Is being stupid painful?

Tell us more about the 'memory hog' that is IE 

http://blog.mid.as/2...ra-17-safari-5/

http://www.digitaltr...efox-vs-safari/

"

Memory Usage

With five tabs opened to the same sites, my PC recorded the following memory use:

• IE11: 168Mb
  • Firefox 26: 225Mb
  • Chrome 30: 401Mb

It’s possible Windows 8 has other background processes running which aid IE11, but I couldn’t find any obvious candidates. Firefox is a little hungrier and Chrome is a resource glutton which also started around twenty sub-processes!"

http://www.sitepoint...orer-11-review/

Edited by Blown01NJ, 06 December 2013 - 11:00 PM.

#30 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:42 AM

IE has gotten better with 10 and 11, not a real fan of chrome. I mainly use firefox though. I'm used to it and since I do some web designing, I like using the integrated tools. IE has the "F12 developer tools" but it does work the same way. One FF feature I like is to be able to right click on something, select "inspect element" and see the styling information if I'm not sure how it was done.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#31 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:44 AM

The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.

#32 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.

Testing. Testing.

Works good. That was rather painless to fix.

IE11 should be okay now.

I have to say while browsing with IE11 today it was pretty snappy. I didn't even realize windows7 had updated to it.

#33 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

Internet explorer.

And it's awful, slow, and a memory hog.  Still.  

Deny it and I assume you're over 60 years old.

lol i obviously know what internet explorer is i just didnt know the abbreviation
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#34 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.The CKeditor is having issues reading the IE11 browser agent, I am researching if there is a patch. I can confirm the same issues.

Testing. Testing.

Works good. That was rather painless to fix.

IE11 should be okay now.

I have to say while browsing with IE11 today it was pretty snappy. I didn't even realize windows7 had updated to it.

:thumbsup:

#35 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

I'm still waiting to retrieve this patch through gopher, the BBS I use is pretty good though and they just recently upgraded all the lines from 2400 to 14400 baud; so once it's here I'll get it in just under 45 minutes... It's amazing!

Until then I'll be in a MUD

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#36 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

I have Firefox 25, Chrome 31, and IE 11 on my main home machine, and IE11 is easily my favorite. It's the most stable, uses the least memory, and is the fastest. If that should change in a week or three i will rely more heavily on one of the others, but I use all three and like speed and stability. Firefox is a memory hog to epic proportions, I honestly can't see how anyone who has used both in the last year can prefer FireFox.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#37 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

so pissed i missed half of last game cause i had to watch online but my mom was talking on the phone with my aunt

www.SterioDesign.com

#38 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

My night was ruined last night:

Windows8disk.jpg

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#39 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

I have Firefox 25, Chrome 31, and IE 11 on my main home machine, and IE11 is easily my favorite. It's the most stable, uses the least memory, and is the fastest. If that should change in a week or three i will rely more heavily on one of the others, but I use all three and like speed and stability. Firefox is a memory hog to epic proportions, I honestly can't see how anyone who has used both in the last year can prefer FireFox.

But but but , IE is a memory hog!!

#40 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

The only computer course I remember taking in high school was COBOL. Then I would go home and play Intellivision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users