48 replies to this topic

#41 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:06 AM

The only computer course I remember taking in high school was COBOL. Then I would go home and play Intellivision.

Great, now I have the incredible need to play Astrosmash and Night Stalker when I get home.

Thanks a lot.

#42 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:15 AM

Great, now I have the incredible need to play Astrosmash and Night Stalker when I get home.

Thanks a lot.

LOL, yep, those were two of my favorites. I think I still have my original console laying around somewhere in the basement.

#43 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

LOL, yep, those were two of my favorites. I think I still have my original console laying around somewhere in the basement.

I loved that thing as a kid and had it for a few years before we got the original NES.  I also loved Frog Bog, Dragon Fire (for some reason) and Beauty and the Beast.

#44 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:49 AM

I loved that thing as a kid and had it for a few years before we got the original NES.  I also loved Frog Bog, Dragon Fire (for some reason) and Beauty and the Beast.

I had Frog Bog too as well as a few others. The sports games were pretty good for the times, hockey, football, baseball, soccer etc. ... Hell, I even had Intellivoice, LOL.

The main problem with Intellivision was the controllers were a bitch to master on certain games -- they had too many buttons on them and the disc had too many positions to control.

Also even though Intellivision's graphics were better, Atari had the way cooler games.

Edited by 95Crash, 10 December 2013 - 10:50 AM.

#45 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,130 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

I had Frog Bog too as well as a few others. The sports games were pretty good for the times, hockey, football, baseball, soccer etc. ... Hell, I even had Intellivoice, LOL.

The main problem with Intellivision was the controllers were a bitch to master on certain games -- they had too many buttons on them and the disc had too many positions to control.

Also even though Intellivision's graphics were better, Atari had the way cooler games.

The controllers were awkward and the fact that the cords were short and were like telephone cords meant you had to sit pretty close to the tv.  Not only that but for some of the more complicated games you pretty much needed those little plastic inserts for the controllers so you could see what button did what, but of course those were the first things you would lose unless you kept pretty good track of them.  Plus the placement of the main action button on the side made it feel almost like today if you would play a game using an iphone controller, but the main action button being the sleep button on the top.

Despite its faults I was always an Intellivision guy and never got into Atari.  As much as the Intellivision's controllers were a bitch, I still liked them over any joystick controller.

#46 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

In the Office IE is the only option, but I have no issues

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#47 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

In the Office IE is the only option, but I have no issues

Same here.  My work only has IE, but it's IE 8 or 9 I think.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#48 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,799 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

At my job I only used IE once...to download Firefox.  Other people have just stuck with IE though and haven't had any problems, but I haven't had any issues with Firefox to encourage me to switch back or to something else.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#49 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:07 AM

so pissed i missed half of last game cause i had to watch online but my mom was talking on the phone with my aunt

haha Sterio you're killing me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users