148 replies to this topic

#1 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

Detroit comes to THE ROCK tonight for the first time as a fellow member of the Eastern Conference.

Prediction:  DEVILS: 4  RED WINGS: 2

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#2 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

Attempt #3 to have my daughter see a real live goal in 2013.  C'mon Devils...make the magic happen!

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#3 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

Attempt #3 to have my daughter see a real live goal in 2013.  C'mon Devils...make the magic happen!

:doh1:

Sad stat of the day, but let's hope she sees several tonight!  Complete with horrible new goal song!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#4 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

LDG!

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#5 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

It would be nice to get 4 points by Sunday morning

Go Devils

#6 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

:doh1:

Sad stat of the day, but let's hope she sees several tonight!  Complete with horrible new goal song!

Cue the goal song argument/retort from Mike Brown in 3, 2, 1 ...

Oh yeah, Let's Go Devils!!!

Posted Image

#7 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

Hope she does. I haven't seen one yet this year. LGD!

815631765.gif

#8 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

Break out against your old team, Brunner! Will this be the night he finally scores another goal?

LGD!

#9 jonnyd91

jonnyd91

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

Break out against your old team, Brunner! Will this be the night he finally scores another goal?

LGD!

Nope, since he is scratched.  Deep doghouse.

DeBoer on Brunner not playing vs Red Wings: "I think that probably tells you the point where we're at with him where he’s not in tonight."

Edited by jonnyd91, 06 December 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#10 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

who's our keeper tonight ?

#11 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

who's our keeper tonight ?

Corey Schneids

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#12 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

Corey Schneids

TY.  Nice.   Keep up the good pace #35 !

#13 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

Nope, since he is scratched. Deep doghouse.

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice51m

DeBoer on Brunner not playing vs Red Wings: "I think that probably tells you the point where we're at with him where he’s not in tonight."

wowza I'm not used to deboer calling people out like that. He's right though Damien has been given plenty if opportunities so it's time for someone else to get an extended look in those top 9 minutes (hopefully jj)

Edited by dmann422, 06 December 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#14 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:22 PM

Wow. that is tough love from PDB there.

LGD

#15 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

Brunner sucks. Thought he has some promise the first week of the season but since then all I've seen is indecision with bad passes and him like literally running into his own men. Adios. Needs to be cut.

Also not too sure what kind of plan Debour has with these goalies. I would rather see Cory play vs the Rangers to be honest. I never know what this dude is thinking. I really dislike him.

I miss Parise. 

#16 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

Rumor mill is already starting to churn that Brunner is on his way out entirely.

#17 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:42 PM

Rumor mill is already starting to churn that Brunner is on his way out entirely.

read the same thing.. but who the hell would want him.. maybe he'll retire too lol
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#18 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,380 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:44 PM

It's too bad, but what does Brunner expect?  He's gotten a lot of chances to pull himself out of this, and it keeps not happening. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#19 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:47 PM

Where have you heard that? Also, Let's go Devils!!

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#20 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

LGD!!! Beat the wings please. Glad to see Brunner sit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users