148 replies to this topic

#101 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

the red wings had faster skates and sticks tonight. the ice seemed small for the devs. they were just whacking at the puck at the end. still cr@p call(s)

#102 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

That ref better hope fans don't find his car. He better get disciplinary action by the league. That was clearly a guess call and not based on reality. The ref was completely wrong on that play, and he cost us a goal. you can blame that one on the ref.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#103 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

Awful effort.  Throw this one in the dumpster.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#104 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

The Devils were probably not scoring anyway...but you can't make that call that late in a 1 goal game unless you're 100% sure. This is a call you can get away with in the 1st period, but doing this here is amateur hour. I hope the NHL reprimands this bozo

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#105 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

I don't know why anyone is down on PDB after this game, we don't have scoring talent. I like his system it IS creating chances, we just don't bury them. The one knock on pete has been his terrible management of personnel, I have no complaints with who he went with tonight. Unless you are from an alternate reality where this was the game brunner started producing and had 2 goals.

And for bigz roasting Henrique, Henrique was basically robbed by a ridiculous behind the back no look save, barring a heroic goal tending effort there he would have scored. He is clearly a little hurt but there are people I would be more quick to bench then him. And that last goal, I mean that was threaded through such a small space that could have happened to everyone on our roster.

#106 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,029 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

And this is the wrong time to catch the Rangers too. Devils better come out pissed off tomorrow

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#107 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,904 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

The call was downright awful and while it cost the devils an opportunity to tie it up, the devils simply have to play better. They were always at least a step behind the red wings players and the fact that they got those penalties such as hooking and slashing really shows the devils were just panicking just to catch up.

Tomorrow is a big game against not only a division rival but a team ahead of them. They really need those two points and hopefully best them in regulation.

#108 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

WRONG.

A goalkeeper shall not play the puck outside of the designated area behind the net. Should the goalkeeper play the puck outside of the designated area behind the goal line, a minor penalty for delay of game shall be imposed. The determining factor shall be the position of the puck.

Well then..that ref screwed up. He was thinking what I was thinking.
It's a rare penalty to begin with.

Anyway...the Devils played a team that had two of the best players in the world out with injury and mustered 11 shots. They're a joke. They hung Corey out to dry on every goal that was scored and that's why they lost.
Also Debour is an idiot. Really..you would rather start Brodeur tomorrow? He is handling these goalies the way he handles most of the young talent...WRONG.

Edited by BigZ, 06 December 2013 - 09:45 PM.

I miss Parise. 

#109 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

And for bigz roasting Henrique, Henrique was basically robbed by a ridiculous behind the back no look save, barring a heroic goal tending effort there he would have scored. He is clearly a little hurt but there are people I would be more quick to bench then him. And that last goal, I mean that was threaded through such a small space that could have happened to everyone on our roster.

Youre not honestly trying to defend Henrique are you? His giveaway vs Montreal cost us the win, and his poor marking on the gwg was costly. He hasnt done anything in a long time

#110 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

27.8 Restricted Area – A goalkeeper shall not play the puck outside of the designated area behind the net. This area shall be defined by lines that begin six feet (6’) from either goal post and extend diagonally to points twenty-eight feet (28’) apart at the end boards. Should the goalkeeper play the puck outside of the designated area behind the goal line, a minor penalty for delay of game shall be imposed. The determining factor shall be the position of the puck. The minor penalty will not be assessed when a goalkeeper plays the puck while maintaining skate contact with his goal crease.

I got that from the NHL website. The last two sentences are kind of contradictory. If it's the position of the puck that matters... what does the goalies skate in the crease matter?

Anyway, just my opinion but the Devils have way too many moving parts in their game right now. They spend so much energy grinding the puck behind the goal line, and so much time thinking with the puck. This obsession with getting pucks to the point ALL THE TIME takes our forwards' skills out of the game. They played better than 11 shots, but you have to get the puck to the net. 

I like Pete Deboer as a coach, but it may be time for someone else. Or at least time to reconsider the way we play in the opponents end because it feels like luck every time we score.

Edited by devils102, 06 December 2013 - 09:47 PM.

Posted Image

#111 RayT

RayT

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

Youre not honestly trying to defend Henrique are you? His giveaway vs Montreal cost us the win, and his poor marking on the gwg was costly. He hasnt done anything in a long time

+1 +1 +1

#112 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

At times like this I wish Ftorek was behind the bench and not just because of the horrible call. This team is an absolute mess. 11 SOG vs their backup? Not getting even a loser point when their 2 top guys are out? Really?

#113 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

To some extent yea I will defend Henrique. Much like zajac he does a lot of good defensive work for us, which is grossly underappreciated on this forum (but ironically enough if he messed up you roast him for that). Obviously his turnover on wed led to the game tieing goal, but at the same time there was a lot more at play that resulted in that goal then just Henrique coughing up the puck. For instance go watch that subban slew foot on elias and watch as the puck goes right by elias stick to the point because of it.

Henrique is obviously hurt, probably came back to quickly but why anyone thinks he's the reason we are losing these games is beyond me. Tonight was the entire teams fault, they looked worse tonight than when they played the kings and Anaheim. I would actually attribute it to the fact that they have been playing on overclock mode for the past 5 or so games, they just looked exhausted out there. unfortunately its not getting any better with our crazy schedule.

Also that line of bernier elias Henrique just has no chemistry what so ever. I don't expect any of them to produce like that.

Edited by Sneax, 06 December 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#114 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

Pete said they 'battled hard'. I hope he doesn't actually believe that.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#115 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

same as the slew foot right, wrong

henrique 

Posted Image

#116 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

Deluding yourself blaming this loss on Henrique. You are aware the other team can make plays to right?

#117 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:01 PM

No comment in this game. I'm too busy pouring myself a drink.

Luckily we only have 21 hours to dwell on it before we have a shot to put it behind us.

#118 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:01 PM

I have no complaints with who he went with tonight. Unless you are from an alternate reality where this was the game brunner started producing and had 2 goals.

gotcha

Posted Image

#119 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,620 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

Meh, games like this happen.  You get 10 a year.  The Devils haven't had one of these in a while.  It can't spread to tomorrow, though.

Agree that Henrique has to pick his game up.  NJ keeps switching him from center to wing because he's just not able to get things going.

Edited by Triumph, 06 December 2013 - 10:15 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#120 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

Well, at least my daughter got to see a goal at a Devils game this year.  That's one in three games.  Outstanding.

Out of 30 games, the Devils have now scored one or less in 11 of them.  Awesomeness. 

I'm not losing my optimism, but my patience with this bunch is wearing thin.  11 friggin' shots on goal in 60 minutes?  fvcking really?!

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users