148 replies to this topic

#141 BigZ

BigZ

Albany Devil

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:00 AM

Just beat the Rangers and it'll make all this go away and also it will make the Rangers look really bad considering how pathetic the Devils looked tonight.
I think Brodeur should have started against Detriot. Debour throws a dart with his eyes closed when choosing which goaltender to go with.
He has zero idea of what he is doing and I think it affects the goalies. It's game 30 and there is still no rhythm. You're really going to start Brodeur at MSG tomorrow on a 3 game losing streak? If he lets up one goal the place goes wild with washed up Marty chants and the whole teams moral is done. I'm sorry but the coach HAS to think like that. Schneider deserved a chance to go in there tomorrow to get the win. I just hate this coach, always have. I've hated him since his first year when they were beating the Florida panthers in a game 3-0 and lost in the third period 4-3. He's too laid back in the wrong areas and doesn't know how to handle personnel. Granted this years team has the poorest personnel I've seen in a long time but whatever something needs to change.

I miss Parise. 

#142 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:23 AM

What a depressing team to watch.

Go get me Yakupov and Paul Statsny.

Use Larsson to get Yak. Sign Stastny. Make it happen.

#143 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

I find it difficult to watch these games this season. I felt the same way last season.

I think Schneider has seen enough about the Devils to know this is not where he wants to be long term. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave after next season as a UFA. Marty won't be around so we will have a goalie problem to go along with the already existing problems.

Big changes are needed to improve this team. The two way player system no longer fits, it inhibits the offense. We need a goalie or goalies to stop the puck, defense men to play good defense and help the goalies and move the puck out of the zone to the offense men and then offense men that have speed, youth and stick-handling, with some veteran to keep them honest, that can and will score goals.

Not all hockey players can adjust to a two way system that dumps the puck all the time. The Devils have living proof that doesn't work. 

I guess we need to start with a new coach but we still need more, many more, changes to follow. 

#144 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

When they get molested tonight hopefully it would be the last straw. Personnel and philosophical changes are needed.

#145 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,283 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:46 AM

I think Schneider has seen enough about the Devils to know this is not where he wants to be long term. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave after next season as a UFA. Marty won't be around so we will have a goalie problem to go along with the already existing problems.

This question can't be answered in December 2013...it's simply too early to say either way.  A lot can change between now and when he goes UFA.     

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#146 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:18 AM

When they get molested tonight hopefully it would be the last straw. Personnel and philosophical changes are needed.

coaches can only do so much with an ahl roster in the nhl.. look at our lines theyre horrible.. zubrus does not belong on a first line hes a 3rd line guy.. same goes for jagr hes a solid second line player right now however hes our best forward at the time.. i think bernier was on the 2nd line last night that says it all... hes a fourth liner. we had janssen in over brunner.. hes turned into a bust on us which left us with another hole to fill.. we need our injured players to get healthy .. and even then we still lack talent at full strength
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#147 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

Is our top line seeing the other teams top line most of the time or their checking line?

#148 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

I don't think cory is going to bolt. He has a good opportunity here to be the #1 goalie. If marty signs another contract though... well his ass is gone. 

Edited by pumpkin cutter, 07 December 2013 - 01:11 PM.

#149 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

everyone here is jumping the gun with cory and leaving... take a chill pill
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users