265 replies to this topic

#161 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

Well, Marty's playing his age.  Maybe DeBoer sees the light. 

If this doesn't get Pete and Lou to see the light nothing will.  Cory HAS to be the starter, I don't care if he has two bad games in a row (and other than the second Vancouver game he's had nothing near as bad as Marty tonight, or in Ottawa).  This has to be his team now.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 10 December 2013 - 09:29 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#162 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,797 posts

5 shots on goal for the jackets in this third period. 2 goals.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#163 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

This sucks. Plain tired of these kind of endings where we give away or leave them on the table.

815631765.gif

#164 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

Marty should get a nice long rest after tonight. Absolutely the reason for tonight's loss and him playing over Cory is inexcusable. 

believe-devs.jpg

#165 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

5 shots on goal for the jackets in this third period. 2 goals.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Marty taking notes from lundqvist
Put food on my family

#166 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

I'm sick of this team. Unbelievable. Pete is getting dumber by the minute. And Lou won't do anything about it. Cory better start the rest of the season

#167 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

If this doesn't get Pete and Lou to see the light nothing will.  Cory HAS to be the starter, I don't care if he has two bad games in a row (and other than the second Vancouver game he's had nothing near as bad as Marty tonight, or in Ottawa).  This has to be his team now.

Agreed 100%...22 GA in his last 7 games.  Enough is fvcking enough.  YOU HAVE A VIABLE OPTION PETE!  This is horsesh!t.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#168 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,774 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

Brodeur shouldn't see NHL ice again until January. He's a big boy, he understands he's old and can't sustain even average play at this level for very long.

He cannot destroy this season for us. He cannot continue taking points off the board for this team

When the Devils score 4 goals and allow 23 shots to the Columbus Blue Jackets...that should be a win 100% of the time.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#169 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:33 PM

Marty fighting it all night long. And the Devils just making too many mistakes. Shame.

Posted Image

#170 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Tim sestito has to get that fvcking puck deep, he cannot be on the ice with two minutes left in a tie game what the fvck

The worst thing that happened to this team was Sestito and Janssen showing any signs of being able to contribute in the slightest. You just know Pete would never take them out if they did and on top of that give them more responsibility. Pete has become a terrible in-game personnel coach since the 2012 playoffs when he could turn anything he sent out into gold it seemed. 

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#171 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Chico is funny, this loss is one person, it had zero to do with how the team played with the lead, we out shot them like 35-24. The difference was marty, and I hope after this sh!t we don't see him again unless its like a back to back. Because he has been the far inferior goalie for some time now.

#172 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:34 PM

No game has pissed me off more than this one!  I can't decide where to direct my anger.  Not a good game by the defense, but Brodeur cost us at least one point tonight.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#173 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:34 PM

Un-fvcking-believable. This is a team we have to beat. I am absolutely furious right now god dammit!!

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#174 DevsChamps3x

DevsChamps3x

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

I have read this story multiple times this season ... blown leads, defensive giveaways, short spurts followed by collapse.  This just isn't a consistent team right now, I am not sure what needs to be changed to gain that consistency (DB goes, Marty sits, etc).  But we have given away points like Joseph A Banks gives away suits.  Something has to change and it needs to be soon.

95', 00' , 03'

#175 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Brodeur cost us a win tonight, I haven't been this frustrated after a loss in a long time, he flat-out sucked. FVCK.

Edited by Brandon, 10 December 2013 - 09:35 PM.

25smul5.png

#176 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Marty fighting it all night long. And the Devils just making too many mistakes. Shame.

You are aware that when the game is winding down and you are down, you have to take chances? Right? Which means sometimes you get some defensive breakdowns. You know why they needed to take chances? Because marty made 19 saves on 24 shots against, which is ATTROCIOUS. There weren't any real quality scoring chances on top of it.

I need something to physically take my rage out on.

Edited by Sneax, 10 December 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#177 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

Chico is funny, this loss is one person, it had zero to do with how the team played with the lead, we out shot them like 35-24. The difference was marty, and I hope after this sh!t we don't see him again unless its like a back to back. Because he has been the far inferior goalie for some time now.

he's been the far inferior goalie of the two since Schneider came up in Vancouver. This isn't new

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#178 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

Thanks Marty! You rock! [end sarcasm]

#179 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

I'm so fvcking pissed right now!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#180 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:39 PM

With back to back coming up, Marty will play vs Tampa is my guess. Sits Cory after a shutout cause it's Montreal...yea Marty still runs the show.

If he doesn't want to retire at the end of the year you gotta say thanks for everything but don't let the door hit you on the way out.

"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users